Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trading Crosby...?

The Magnificent One

Default Trading Crosby...?

i wouldnt trade him unless you can get AO and Phanuef.. but what does the rest of your team look like? do you have a good goalie, maybe consider upgrading there with crosby.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Novice

Another deal I should able to get:

Staal, Perry and Mueller

I\'d only do this is if Mueller isn\'t slated as a C anymore or at least gets dual-eligibility..what you guys think?

FYI, I\'m pretty stacked on PIM already...see team below

I\'m thinking here that since Crosby is only 1 keeper and I can potentially get 3 keepers out 12 for him, I should def consider a trade like this!?

The Great One

DareDevil wrote:
    Another deal I should able to get:

Staal, Perry and Mueller

I\'d only do this is if Mueller isn\'t slated as a C anymore or at least gets dual-eligibility..what you guys think?

FYI, I\'m pretty stacked on PIM already...see team below

I\'m thinking here that since Crosby is only 1 keeper and I can potentially get 3 keepers out 12 for him, I should def consider a trade like this!?
    Damnit man- You are playing with fire!!! IMHO if you even have to ask if its fair value, it isn\'t. The only deal you should make will be a homerun and you\'ll know it when you see it. This is not a dis to the 3 players you mentioned, as I like all of them but the logic is backwards. If I have the opportunity to condense 3 keepers (or 2) into one- I am usually all over it. With smart drafting and clever trading you can replace a missing Perry, Mueller, or albeit with a little more difficulty, even Staal (Eric right?). You will never replace Crosby unless you have the misfortune of finishing last or you sell the farm. Even then its 50/50.

The fact you said you \"should\" be able to get Crosby is worrisome. I would laugh at this offer, never mind wonder if it was possible. It sounds like you are itching to move him (which I do not understand, but will forget about for the purpose of this post), so my best advice is what we suggested to the Spezza owner in another thread: make it known to your league that he is available. Best case scenario you start a bidding war and drive his price up (is that possible?). In terms of your situation I think it will be an eye opener, just to see the offers people would send over. I know if the above trade went trough in my league I would be exasperated- not because the other owner got a great deal, but because I would have offered you substantially more. Try it out.

Anyways good luck... and don\'t settle!

Cheers

Dobber Sports Ace

emu hit the nail on the head.

it doesn\'t matter how many keepers crosby can get you. the fact of the matter is he is worth about 2 solid keepers in 1 player.

unless you are in an extremely deep pool where depth is a major factor (and i\'m talking a deeeeeep pool; i\'m in a 14 team keeper and wouldn\'t move him unless i got 3-4 bonafide studs back), it just doesn\'t make sense to move him when you can fill your keeper spots with other guys and get the production of two players in one.

take emu\'s advice, dangle him, see what happens, if you get an offer that absolutely blows your mind, consider it, otherwise do as the rest of us crosby owners are doing, sit back and enjoy the ride!
    13 team yahoo roto league keep 17/25
    G,A,P,PPP,PIM,SHP,SOG,FW,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

c-tavares, krejci, gourde, lowry, czarnik, zacha
    lw-lehkonen, vesey, r.smith, hinostroza, heinen
    rw-zuccarello, duclair, sheary, d.brown, nichushkin
    d-letang, krug, gostisbehere, doughty, lindell, slavin, cholowski
    g-fleury, holtby, hutton
    ir-pacioretty, grzelcyk
    farm-batherson, farabee, jokiharju, kaprizov, hawryluk, n.roy, terry, t.thompson, tufte, vesalainen, walman, c.white, bracco