Thread: Struggling with a couple Moves.. HELP!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Struggling with a couple Moves.. HELP!

Hey guys.. I made a couple moves and this is now what my keepers look like..They are in Bold.. It's a Points only limited keeper.. We keep 12 players every year.. I have 1st, 5th & 7th overall in this years draft as well. We have a 24 man roster. My team below is short 4 players due to trades i've made to better my kepper selections and picks.

Malkin
    Neal
    Spezza
    Benn
    Ribiero
    Purcell

Whitney
    Desairnais
    Roy
    Brouwer
    Karlsson
    Letang
    Pieterangelo
    Streit

Martin
    Pitkanen
    Souray
    Rinne
    Lundquist

Only thing im struggling with is keeping two of either Streit, Del Zotto, or Purcell

I can also grab Sharp for a draft pick and Lupul for a draft pick if it helps my 12 keepers.. ?? I'd have to drop players to make room for Sharp or Lupul..

What do you guys think?
    "dARK wING dUCKS" 2011-2012 CHAMPS

10 Team Points Only Limited Keeper Pool (keep any 12)

Top 12 Forwards, 5 Defense & 2 Goalies Count
    Goals = 1, Assist = 1, Shutout = 3, Win = 2,

F: Kessel, Backstrom, Spezza, Benn, Voracek, Couture, Skinner, Wheeler, Stepan, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Ennis, Brown, Atkinson,
    D: Karlsson, Pieterangelo, Streit, Fowler, Enstrom, Gardiner, Sekera
    G: Price, Rinne, Smith

Dobber Sports Superstar

With a draft like you have, I stand pat with those keepers. Sharp and Lupul are potentially upgrades on Ribs or Purcell, but minimally. Use the first to get your franchise forward, MacK is my choice, but Drouin rocks too. The 5th and 7th should bring you very solid secondary scoring. Your G is sick and so is your D. Use those other two. early draft picks to round out your forwards. With solid middle and late picks to fill in the holes you should contend. Hope this helps, good luck!
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Superstar

With a draft like you have, I stand pat with those keepers. Sharp and Lupul are potentially upgrades on Ribs or Purcell, but minimally. Use the first to get your franchise forward, MacK is my choice, but Drouin rocks too. The 5th and 7th should bring you very solid secondary scoring. Your G is sick and so is your D. Use those other two. early draft picks to round out your forwards. With solid middle and late picks to fill in the holes you should contend. Hope this helps, good luck!

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

Drops

Dobber Sports Superstar

Whoops! I double clutched it!! Must be a good answer??

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Keepers

Drops

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd rather have Sharp & Lupul than Purcell & Streit... depending on which draft picks you have to give up. Your top 3 D keepers make Streit expendable imo.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I can get Lupul for nothing really. Basically either a very very late draft pick or a player that I'd be dropping anyway. Just not so sure if he's a fit over Purcell or DelZotto. Maybe even Streit.

Sharp will cost me one of my 3 first round picks. Probably 7th overall. I wouldn't be able to really replace his points with that pick but I'd have to drop Purcell or someone to make him fit. I don't think the 5 point increase in points is worth losing that pick.

F: Kessel, Backstrom, Spezza, Benn, Voracek, Couture, Skinner, Wheeler, Stepan, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Ennis, Brown, Atkinson,

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Papps View Post
    I can get Lupul for nothing really. Basically either a very very late draft pick or a player that I'd be dropping anyway. Just not so sure if he's a fit over Purcell or DelZotto. Maybe even Streit.

Sharp will cost me one of my 3 first round picks. Probably 7th overall. I wouldn't be able to really replace his points with that pick but I'd have to drop Purcell or someone to make him fit. I don't think the 5 point increase in points is worth losing that pick.
    Lupul is a HUGE upgrade. 85 pts in his last 82 NHL games.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    Yes, and in the next 10 years, he'll probably put up another 85 points (but in only 82 games played)...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    I agree. He's a great player when playing and healthy. Always seems to miss time. If he could string together one or two years healthy I'm sure he would hit the 80 point mark. Just a huge band aid boy.

Dobber Sports Superstar

When you crunch the numbers and take all the rest into consideration, it sounds like we're back to using those drafts to build the better team. There is just too much risk and not enough net gain to make a strong case for changing up your keepers. If you want to swing for the fence, then Lupul, if it costs you nothing, is an option. It all depends on the players available in the draft, but with 3 of the first 7 picks, I have to think you have a nice jump on the rest of your league.

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Keepers

Drops

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    When you crunch the numbers and take all the rest into consideration, it sounds like we're back to using those drafts to build the better team. There is just too much risk and not enough net gain to make a strong case for changing up your keepers. If you want to swing for the fence, then Lupul, if it costs you nothing, is an option. It all depends on the players available in the draft, but with 3 of the first 7 picks, I have to think you have a nice jump on the rest of your league.
    Yes I agree. Lupul may be a upgrade on Purcell if healthy. Then again when has Lupul ever been healthy for a complete season? A player like that probably isn't keeper material over Purcell anyway.

Assuming I do nothing. Is Del Zotto a fair drop over Purcell? I added streit but not sure if I should keep mdz as well.