Thread: Trying to trade for Drouin or Bobby Ryan?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Trying to trade for Drouin or Bobby Ryan?

The guy seems interested in Jeff Carter. What kind of offer can I give him for Drouin or Bobby Ryan. Is it worth trading for any of those two? Team sig below.

-----------
    20 Team Head to Head Dynasty Keeper League

Player stats are G, A, P, Plus/Minus, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blocked Shots, Faceoff Won, GWG, PPP, SHP, Defense Points. Goalie Stats are GS, W, L, GA, SV%, GAA, Saves, Minutes Played, SHO. (Can start 1 goalie per and 5 starts the most per week)

C - H. Sedin, Bergeron
    LW - Dubinsky
    RW - Perry, Carter
    D - Edler, Green, Shattenkirk
    Util - Datsyuk (C)

G - Markstrom, Ramo

Bench - Pominville, Ott, Granlund, Barkov, Monahan

IR - Rinne, Enstrom

Dobber Sports Giant

Carter straight up will not get you any of those guys (in most leagues at least).

I figure you would have to add Barkov with Carter to land Drouin and Carter ++ for Ryan +

What does this guy's team look like?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Prodigy

agreed with Bass56, but if he came to you on Carter, he might overvalue him a bit so I'd slowplay negotiations.

I think of the two, Ryan will be easier to land with some package. but yes, it would be adding, likely a decent pick. I like Barkov a lot and would keep him out.

Dobber Sports Veteran

If he's the one interested in Carter, ask if he would do it straight up and when he says no, ask what he would want on top. Always make them make the offer if they are the one inquiring about a player.

Dobber Sports Padawan

If you can add Drouin for Carter I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd add a small piece if it was to get the deal done as well.
    Yahoo League #1 - H2H Keep 21
    [F] Tkachuk, Barkov, A Svechnikov, Kaprizov, DeBrincat, Scheifele, RNH, Suzuki, Laine, Kakko, Cozens
    [D] Makar, Hughes, Nurse, Chabot, Byram
    [G] Hart, Shesterkin, Lehner, Helle

Yahoo League #2 - H2H Keep 22
    [F] MacKinnon, Guentzel, DeBrincat, EP40, Gaudreau, Barzal, Hughes, Laine, Garland, Norris, Batherson, Farabee
    [D] Hedman, MacAvoy, Nurse, Chabot, Pionk, Byram
    [G] Nedeljkovic, Smith, Gustavsson, Murray

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    If he's the one interested in Carter, ask if he would do it straight up and when he says no, ask what he would want on top. Always make them make the offer if they are the one inquiring about a player.
    Agree with this 100%. Don't bid against yourself by figuring out what the offer should be. Simply say "I am interested in Drouin or Ryan. Send me an offer" and go from there.
    Evgeni from the Bloc
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 10
    Daily Starts: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G

G,A,+/-,PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Malkin, Johansen, Couture
    LW: Schenn (C), Kreider, Skinner, Kane
    RW: [B]Kucherov, Seguin (C), Wheeler, REinhart (C), Ehlers (LW)
    D: Byfuglien, Provorov, Giordano, de Haan, Phaneuf
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Saros

2017 Picks: 1,2,3,5,6,6,7,8,9,10,11

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by davidgoodburn View Post
    Agree with this 100%. Don't bid against yourself by figuring out what the offer should be. Simply say "I am interested in Drouin or Ryan. Send me an offer" and go from there.
    I might not even tell him who you're interested in yet. I would just say to give you an offer for Carter. Don't make the offer yourself. As was mentioned, he approached you so wait to see how much he values him first.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd rather make the offer of Ryan or Drouin.

If you tell him to make you an offer, he'll probably take a long look at your team, and give you a bunch of useless pieces in an offer for Carter and have it in his head already that there are certain players on his roster he simply doesn't want to involve in the trade. Being frank about the fact you want Drouin or Ryan will save time of useless negotiations if he's not willing to give either of those pieces up.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    I'd rather make the offer of Ryan or Drouin.

If you tell him to make you an offer, he'll probably take a long look at your team, and give you a bunch of useless pieces in an offer for Carter and have it in his head already that there are certain players on his roster he simply doesn't want to involve in the trade. Being frank about the fact you want Drouin or Ryan will save time of useless negotiations if he's not willing to give either of those pieces up.
    Yea, I agree. I hate it when people ask me to make an offer and then say no it has to include this guy or that guy. I understand it's a game you play back and forth, but it just takes too damn long playing these mind games.

I'd say I want Ryan or Drouin for him straight up and go from there.
    24 GM – 3 Tier Salary Cap Roto Dynasty League + Roto Playoffs (Keep 32 of 35)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, HITS, BS, W, GAA, SV | 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G

C - Crosby, W.Nylander, Kempe, B.Howden, Wallmark, Z.Sanford, Newhook
    LW - Ovechkin, Vrana, S.Bennett, Lehkonen, Aston-Reese, T.Benson, S.Poulin
    RW - JT.Miller, Coleman, Gourde, Dzingel, Tippett, Volkov
    D - Klingberg, Chabot, Slavin, Matheson, Chychrun, Sanheim, D.Toews, E.Bouchard, Cholowski
    G - J.Gibson, DeSmith, Sparks, Luukkonen, Starrett