Thread: 2 year plan. Help needed.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default 2 year plan. Help needed.

Points only keeper. Keep all, depending on mock contract terms with mock cap of $300 per max w/ 30 player team and a small farm system.

So I won my keeper pool last year, it was great. BUT I sold my soul and have most of my players contract terms ending and I don't have an abundance of salary cash this season (as we are able to trade up to $15 per year).

What I am asking for:

Can the dobber nation please help a fellow hockey pool enthusiast come up with a list of players that I can draft at the free agent auction coming up that are set to have okay seasons this year but fully break out next season.

My plan is to sit back this season and try to start building my team for next year. Players like Beau Bennet, Branden Saad etc.. have not been drafted or picked so far and I think I could get for relatively cheap and expect an increase in points for the 2014-2015 season.

Thoughts on players??? List some..come on!! it'll help a lot

Thanks guys!!

ps: keep in mind all top 10 draft pick/prospects have prob already been drafted and are unavailable.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

list the available free agents or buy the dobber guide ..... My 2 cents ... Lol

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Sometimes, getting some other advice as everyone else reads in the same guide is good too. I already have the guide, but good on you for up-selling it. Thought this would be a good place to go for some opinons on players that are set to explode next season. Thanks for the help.
    G & A = 1 PT GOALIE 2 PT FOR W, -1 FOR L, 3 FOR S.O.

FORWARDS- Stamkos, Sharp, B Richards, Neal, M Koivu, Eberle, Spezza, J Stall, Datsyuk, Nash, Ray Whitney, Giroux, E Stall, Marleau, Vermette, Steppan, Michalek, Jokinen,Thornton.

DEFENCE- Boyle, Ehroff, J Johnson, D Wideman, Mcbain, Yandle, R Suter, Bieksa, Streit.

GOALTENDER- Quick, Raask, M Smith

Dobber Sports Guru

It's hard to predict who will have an off-year this year and then break out two years from now. There are so many variables that change from year to year (new coach, guys ahead in the depth chart getting traded, free agent signings, etc.).

Best bet would be to take young guys who are probably a ways away from making an impact and hope for the best they peak earlier.

Ryan Murphy would be a good choice. If Pitkanen leaves next year, then Murphy could be the #1 PP dman there in a couple of years.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid