Thread: Post Draft Strategy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Post Draft Strategy

Hey dobbers, looking to get a little feedback with regards to my 10-team keep 8 league. Fielding 1 QB , 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K. Head to head standard espn scoring.

QB - Michael Vick (k)
    QB - Tony Romo (4th round - 36th pick)
    RB - Marshawn Lynch (k)
    RB - Steven Jackson (k)
    RB - Rashard Mendenhall (k)
    RB - Ben Tate (2nd round - 16th pick)
    RB - Knowshon Moreno (8th round - 76th pick)
    RB - Ronnie Hillman (9th round - 86th pick)
    WR - Demaryius Thomas (k)
    WR - Torrey Smith (k)
    WR - Miles Austin (k)
    WR - DeSean Jackson (1st round - 6th pick)
    WR - Ryan Broyles (3rd round - 26th pick)
    WR - Sydney Rice (6th round - 56th pick)
    TE - Jimmy Graham (k)
    K - Matt Bryant (7th round - 66th pick)
    D/ST - Chicago Bears (5th round - 46th pick)

My own breakdown includes that I reached for a d/st but I really wasn't happy with any of the players available at the end of the draft and knew that no-one wanted anything to do with the Denver backfield and had confidence that the two RB's would drop to WW if I didn't take them.
    I've got the depth at WR this year when it's been more of a dark spot for my team and I feel that my RB's are more than capable of getting me through the season.

I inherited this team and I'm going in my third season. This team was dead last when I took it over and moved from 10th to 8th to 5th (last season) so I know I've been doing some good moves. But on the other side of the coin I've also got some areas to address -- I've been shopping SJaxx not because I don't doubt his value/ability this season but I'm wanting to get my team a little younger. I am also pretty content just holding tight and trying to compete for the prize this year. I was bounced from the first round of the playoffs last year against the team that ended up winning everything.

Any input would be greatly appreciated and as always, rep will be given.
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Not sure how I feel about your QBs considering Vick's risk. Target the guy who has Monte Ball and try to move Hillman and Moreno to him. Using handcuffs to trade is something I do a lot.

Also....Ryan Broyles....yikes.....I guess he didn't have a good camp and may not even be starting yet.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yeah I quickly found that out during the draft but still feel confident in stashing him on my bench until I'm in dire need of upgrading at WR. The nicest thing about my QB situation is I still landed Romo to pull some weight when/if Vick goes out for good/doesn't perform.

The bigger issue is that since everything is so heavily weighted on a teams RB's, the team with Ball is not one who would feel the need to invest in the other two simply because he's not using Ball as a starter. Hand-cuffs are crucial but lets be honest, the only ones with nice price tags are Tate, Pierce, and Bryce/Andre Brown (when he's back on the field).

I have never really dealt with injuries on my team as most of the players (QB's aside) have been tanks and really consistent for lacing up. I just think that this year I might end up having to move the likes of a top player to fill some of the holes, or try and trade future picks to bolster my squad.
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.