Thread: Paajarvi or Johansson ??

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Paajarvi or Johansson ??

I need to choose one of the 2 to keep for POINTS ONLY.

The other one will be taken by the newest member of or dynasty pool for free.

I only have place for one of them so witch one would you pick ???

I already have Tarasenko and Schwartz in St.Louis ( + Shattenkirk) for Paajarvi

And I have Backstrom, Kuznetsov in Washington (+ Carlson) for Johansson.

I have time to wait for them if I have too.

Thanks
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

The Great One

I'd keep Marcus Johansson. He had great chemistry with Ovechkin and Backstrom last year, once returning from his concussion (and brutal start).

StL is so balanced, I just don't see MPS having the same kind of upside, in a straight points pool.

So I like Marcus Johansson better this year, and moving forward.

Hope this helps.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'd keep Marcus Johansson. He had great chemistry with Ovechkin and Backstrom last year, once returning from his concussion (and brutal start).

StL is so balanced, I just don't see MPS having the same kind of upside, in a straight points pool.

So I like Marcus Johansson better this year, and moving forward.

Hope this helps.
    I agree with the above. Johansson seems to have a clearer path to quality linemates and quality minutes so I would go with him.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

talk about an ugly contest lol. Johansson is the hands down winner. MSP has proven to be a reliable checker and that will be his role in a STL squad featuring loads of offensive talent. Johansson on the other hand is a top 6 talent and will likely suit up with Ovi.
    League: 16 team Roto, 12 keepers, 23 man roster, 10 player farm 52 NHL games played max
    Skater cats:
    G/A/PPG/SHG/SHA/OTG/GWG/ENG/DA/DG/SOG/Hits/BS/PIM/Minors/Maj/plus minus
    Goalie cats:
    GGP/Mins/W/SO/SA%/GAA/S

Dobber Sports Pro

Go with Johansson. He's guaranteed top-6 minutes while Paajarvi might not even make the lineup some nights as the Blues have such a deep group of forwards.

Dobber Sports Pro

yeah, I guess Johansson is already where Paajarvi could be !!!

maybe I Like too much Paajarvi and was ready to wait for his breakout one day but I have other prospects anyway ( Coyle, Granlund, Kuznetsov, Strome) so might not even need paajarvi anytime.

I ll choose Johansson and ya it is logic
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by sharpp87 View Post
    yeah, I guess Johansson is already where Paajarvi could be !!!

maybe I Like too much Paajarvi and was ready to wait for his breakout one day but I have other prospects anyway ( Coyle, Granlund, Kuznetsov, Strome) so might not even need paajarvi anytime.

I ll choose Johansson and ya it is logic
    Exactly what these boards are for...you are definitely making the smart choice, IMO.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Keep Johansson

Quote Originally Posted by sharpp87 View Post
    I need to choose one of the 2 to keep for POINTS ONLY.

The other one will be taken by the newest member of or dynasty pool for free.

I only have place for one of them so witch one would you pick ???

I already have Tarasenko and Schwartz in St.Louis ( + Shattenkirk) for Paajarvi

And I have Backstrom, Kuznetsov in Washington (+ Carlson) for Johansson.

I have time to wait for them if I have too.

Thanks
    Johansson by a wide margin. He'll likely move to the wing next to Grabovski on the 2nd line in a very offensive-minded system under Oates. I'm guessing this because Brooks Laich is much better suited to the 3rd line shutdown role, and Johansson has very respectable offensive skills. Meanwhile, I'd say MPS is at least 2 more years away from having even a sniff of top-6 TOI in STL. They just have too much talent up front to insert him there. He's not even likely to get PP2 TOI.
    The League:
    11-teams, pts-only, no positional restrictions, top 12/20 count.
    1 in-season UFA (24+y/o), 3 round entry draft.
    Unlimited (24+y/o) off-season UFAs after the entry draft.

The Show:
    Crosby, Malkin, Kopitar, Eberle, Couture, Krejci, Subban, Simmonds, Hedman, Jokinen, Kesler, Barrie, Johansson

The Farm:
    MacKinnon, Toffoli, Bjugstad, Spooner, Zucker, Bjorkstrand, Jaskin