Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1st overall pick in keeper league

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I guess you are taking it as a given that Stamkos resigns in TB? He only has 3 years left on his deal and then is UFA.

Mackinnon and Druoin reminds me a bit of the debate that took place between Hall and Seguin...
    As long Yzerman is there I dont see Stamkos going anywhere. Plus I think Stamkos likes the fact that the weather is just beautiful in Tampa where he gets to spend his free time on the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Duchene pretty good, I think. So is Landeskog. Maybe he doesn't line up with either of those guys on a regular shift (though entirely possible), but he will certainly get PP time with them.

I also feel, unlike Drouin, that Mackinnon will become the kind of player who makes others around him better. Soon people won't be saying that Mackinnon doesn't have anyone to play with. Instead, they will be saying that player X has fantasy value because he plays with Mackinnon.

I do agree that Mackinnon is the better all-around player, but I also think people are underestimating his offensive upside, which is truly elite.
    Douchene and Landeskog are good players but they are no where close to the talent that Stamkos has. I agree that Mackinnon will make others around him better but I dont see that transpiring Mackininon to scoring more points.

In Colorado I see Mackinnon as a 75-80pt player where in Tampa I see Drouin being a 90-95pt player.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by DerekReese View Post
    As long Yzerman is there I dont see Stamkos going anywhere. Plus I think Stamkos likes the fact that the weather is just beautiful in Tampa where he gets to spend his free time on the beach.
    I know it is rare for superstars to change teams in the NHL via UFA, but I suppose it could happen. For some reason, I just can't wrap my head around picking an 18 year old player based on the team he is currently playing for...but I certainly do appreciate hearing a diversity of opinions.

I still like MacKinnon. But I'm sure I'm biased as I've been coveting him for over a year, before Drouin was really in the same conversation.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I also feel, unlike Drouin, that Mackinnon will become the kind of player who makes others around him better. Soon people won't be saying that Mackinnon doesn't have anyone to play with. Instead, they will be saying that player X has fantasy value because he plays with Mackinnon.
    Agree 100%!! Kinda like St. Louis VS Tavares (I'm not talking about their respective abilities, but just the way they play on their teams). I think if Marty played with say the Habs, he would be a 70 pt player instead of a 90 pt one and if Tavares played for any other team, he would be the same if not better.
    Last edited by Bass56; September 5, 2013 at 9:42 AM.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay