Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Comish 30GM Draft Excel Tool

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Comish 30GM Draft Excel Tool

I was creating something for myself out of the player salary and position eligibility list, and it seems to have cannonballed into something that i will probably end up using for my draft to see some things. I was wondering if you guys would be interested in having a tool available to you something like this..

There is a sheet which will allow you to input a players name. When this name is typed the following will be displayed in the Tool:

-Player\'s info from Salary list will be displayed ($,GP,G,etc.)
    -Player\'s Hit to the salary cap will be deducted from 1000
    -Calculation of avg salary to be spent on remaining REQUIRED picks
    -# of REQUIRED picks left

I can edit this to display total number of picks ALLOWED while subtracting from when you input the players\' names and just make it a general cap hit calculation as opposed to keeping it in the whole \"REQUIRED\" picks idea.

I don\'t know if this will help anyone, i don\'t know if it will help speed the draft up. This is my first draft ever and my first dynasty league i have joined so this started mainly so i could just organize what im doing.

Here is a picture of what it looks like, please post your comments on this idea and if you think you guys would be interested in this
    2014-15 - 12TM ESPN H2H - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SHG,GWG,Hat,Hit,Blk - W,GA,SV,SHO

F: Rick Nash, Stepan, Hornqvist, Gaborik, Voracek, Kesler, Vrbata, Versteeg
    D: E. Karlsson, Josi, Pietrangelo
    G: Lundqvist(IR), Holtby.

[img size=499]http://i27.tinypic.com/t5ncqo.jpg[/img]

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Wow, that\'s impressive. Nice work!
    "If the all star game is about showing off ur skills. If I was in the breakaway competition, I'd dump it in and change."
    -Paul Bissonette, "BizNasty2point0", on Twitter, January 30, 2011

Dobber Sports Ninja

Very nice idea notubble. I did something similar for a salary cap pool I\'m in - it\'s not as nice as yours looks though!

Certainly most people will need to keep track of their salary and how much they have left to spend. It will become very important later in the draft when (if) you are getting close to the cap limit.

You can send it to me if you like, I would likely use it over mine. I can always doctor up the excel formulas to make it do what I want it to. Great idea.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

Awesome job notubble. I would definitely be interested in something like that.

I rarely announce it when I do it, but Karma for you.

Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Initiate

I\'ll take a copy too if possible..

Can you send it to [email protected] ???

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yeah good idea I would use that for sure good work.
    League - YOUNG STARS DYNASTY LEAGUE
    12 teams

MY TEAM

Kovalchuk/Tavares/Zetterberg
    Michalek/ Thornton /Nash
    E.Cole/ Spezza/ Purcell

Suter/Jack Johnsson
    Del Zotto/ Hedmen

Miller / Hiller

Benched Players

Tanguay/Desharnis/Hemsky
    McDonald/Nyquist /Selanne

Gardiner/ Orlov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I want it too please !!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I\'d love to have a look at that and see if I can put it to use in my league. Email [email protected]

Thanks so much

Dobber Sports Master

Maybe you could just email it to everyone in the Commish Pool since you have all our emails.

thx in advance
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Torture

I would love that if you\'re willing to share it with your competition! :P

[email protected]

Thanks for the quick replies guys, I will be completing this tool so that it suits the Comish 30 team dynasty layout.

I will release a version of it so that people in other leagues will be able to use this for their own use, maybe just giving one row of each example for formulas and such.

Pertaining to the 30 Team League:

In an Effort to slim the tool down to a smaller more straight forward size, i would like some suggestions to help get it

- What are the chances that someone will have more than 3 goalies?

I have already reduced the size of fonts, and made it a bit smaller, and i also had it zoomed to 120% when i did the screen shot, so, it is smaller then it appears.

Please let me know some ideas as to roster sizes, etc that would help to make it smaller.

Would anyone be interested in a way of calling up multi-year stats pages? I know i would like to see that stuff, but to compile a list like that, it will be pretty difficult to try and do it myself, anyone with some sort of spreadsheet master list of multi year stats (maybe 3-5 years) would like to donate a little time or pass it along to me, i would love to try and get something like that incorporated into this.

I am also looking in to how efficiently i can make the list use drop down lists so that we don\'t need to remember how to spell Marc-Edouard Vlasic, for example.

I started this project for myself, but since i found this website it has been of the most significant help for my success in my first season of fantasy hockey (07-08) and helped me achieve first place victory in most all of my leagues, thanks to the guys throughout these forums, and i feel like it is time to give back something that will help you guys, and maybe this site down the road.

Sean

Dobber Sports Ninja

Crazynuck wrote:
    Maybe you could just email it to everyone in the Commish Pool since you have all our emails.

thx in advance
    I\'ll do that if Sean would like. It might be easier. Or he could just hit reply to all on one of my earlier emails (I\'ve broken the dist lists up into 3 groups of 10).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Pro

Really nice Notubble...

I would be interested in getting a copy to look at with my other similar projects.

Considering there are a lot of regulars in the Commish pool, what does everyone think of asking Dobber to host and allow members to download tools such as this one. maybe as a bonus for all those that buy the fantasy packs or something.

I am not as gifted as Notubble but I was able to create:

a spreadsheet that had all the predictions from all the major fantasy magazines averaged out and broken down into various categories.

a worksheet that used Dobber\'s rankings filtered by NHL Salary for those in leagues that use real NHL salaries.

It might be too much of a burden but it would be nice to share useful tools. They do take a lot of time to develop but considering the amount of fanatics here, we could probably develop some fantastic tools pretty quickly, while constantly improving on existing models.

Just a thought.

Dobber Sports Initiate

shareware would probably mean new servers for Dobber. You need alot of Bandwidth for something like that...