• Miller

13 56.52%
  • Dubnyk

9 39.13%
  • I cant decide

1 4.35%

Thread: Miller or Dubnyk

Default Miller or Dubnyk

Team in sig, who do you like better as a keeper?
    Not sure how early goalies will go in our draft -id like to draft whichever of the two I dont keep but if you can only keep one, who would it be?
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I have to go with Miller based on the fact that he has put up good numbers in the past. I think it's close here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I have to go with Miller based on the fact that he has put up good numbers in the past. I think it's close here though.
    I originally thought definitely Miller based on how good he has been but Dubnyk seems to consistently get better. Didnt Tambellini say he expected more of him as well - could that push him even further?
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    If Miller stays in Buffalo until the trade deadline (and it very well could happen), I'd go with Dubnyk. I think Miller has mentally checked out of Buffalo already, and that team is an absolute train wreck...(I say that as a 35 year fan of the Sabres)

Dobber Sports Pro

I don't have much confidence in Dubnyk or the Edmonton Oilers for that matter. Defensively they're still going to be awful this season. I'd go with Miller here, as much as I personally think he acts like a whiny baby sometimes. Pushing that aside, he has plenty of motivation to have a good season(olympics and new contract). He has a more proven track record and in terms of pure ability/talent, he is capable of being a top 5 NHL goaltender(don't laugh, seriously!!).

Also with Miller there's a chance he's traded to a contender at some point.

Miller.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    He [Miller] has a more proven track record and in terms of pure ability/talent, he is capable of being a top 5 NHL goaltender(don't laugh, seriously!!).
    LOL.

And the Sabres could win the Cup!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Miller by a mile. Dubnyk is on my do't draft list. I've seen Dubnyk play and he just isn't that good. His numbers last year were ok and that is really all fantasy hockey is about but he never makes the big save when it is needed. And again, that may not matter for fantasy but I don't believe MacT or the rest of the Oilers management believe he is the answer between the pipes, and that does matter. Miller is very talented and a change of scenery and/or the prospect of losing his coveted starting gig with Team USA will invigorate him this year.
    20 team H2H Fantrax Cap Dynasty
    2018/2018 Cap=90 mil
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, FO%, HIT, BLK, TOI/G
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO
    3C/LW/RW, 6D, 2Sk, 2G

C: Backstrom, Bergeron, Eichel
    L: Benn, Rakell, Coleman, Goldobin, Weal, B. McGinn
    R: Pavelski, Radulov, Panik, B. Tanev, D. Ryan
    D: Burns, Josi, Weber, Ellis, Manson, Forbort, Stecher, Weegar
    G: Talbot, Elliott
    Farm: Harkins, Hayden, Kampf, Highmore, Dickinson, Bjork, Motte, Foegele, Rychel, Kossila, Poturalski, Graves, Bear, Nielsen, Timmins, Ozhiganov, McKeown, Gillies, Boyle, Brossoit, Ellis, Rittich

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by jmouland View Post
    I've seen Dubnyk play and he just isn't that good. His numbers last year were ok and that is really all fantasy hockey is about but he never makes the big save when it is needed.
    I swear you are talking about Pavelec...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I swear you are talking about Pavelec...
    Haha I'm sure there might be a couple other tenders who I could be talking about too. Unfortunately, I haven't had the pleasure of watching a game in the peg!

Dubnyk is awful and I think management knows it, don't draft him!
    20 team H2H Fantrax Cap Dynasty
    2018/2018 Cap=90 mil
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, FO%, HIT, BLK, TOI/G
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO
    3C/LW/RW, 6D, 2Sk, 2G

C: Backstrom, Bergeron, Eichel
    L: Benn, Rakell, Coleman, Goldobin, Weal, B. McGinn
    R: Pavelski, Radulov, Panik, B. Tanev, D. Ryan
    D: Burns, Josi, Weber, Ellis, Manson, Forbort, Stecher, Weegar
    G: Talbot, Elliott
    Farm: Harkins, Hayden, Kampf, Highmore, Dickinson, Bjork, Motte, Foegele, Rychel, Kossila, Poturalski, Graves, Bear, Nielsen, Timmins, Ozhiganov, McKeown, Gillies, Boyle, Brossoit, Ellis, Rittich

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    I don't have much confidence in Dubnyk or the Edmonton Oilers for that matter. Defensively they're still going to be awful this season. I'd go with Miller here, as much as I personally think he acts like a whiny baby sometimes. Pushing that aside, he has plenty of motivation to have a good season(olympics and new contract). He has a more proven track record and in terms of pure ability/talent, he is capable of being a top 5 NHL goaltender(don't laugh, seriously!!).

Also with Miller there's a chance he's traded to a contender at some point.

Miller.
    I have a little more faith in the Oil...call it blind faith... But THH is right..they are still suspect on D and I don't think we know what Duby can be right yet. Ill go with we know miller can do on buff or anywhere else.

And congrats on 1000 buddy! Great contributions.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I have a little more faith in the Oil...call it blind faith... But THH is right..they are still suspect on D and I don't think we know what Duby can be right yet. Ill go with we know miller can do on buff or anywhere else.
    Edmonton is a little suspect on D? Buffalo has lost three starting D (Regehr, Leopold and Sekera). They have a criminally under rated Ehrhoff, but after that? Tyler "I've lost my confidence so bad they are bringing in Henrik Tallender to save my career" Myers; Jamie "trade throw in, cash dump" McBain; and then like Pysyk and probably Weber.

And their forwards? Have you looked at Dobber's projected line up?

It's going to be a long, long year in Buffalo.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I really don't see Miller's value getting any lower than it is right now. I think Miller is the better goaltender and would go for him here. Getting traded of course would be great for him and just hopefully does not turn into a Luongo type situation
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones