Thread: Pick one of 2

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Pick one of 2

Hi all, excited for the new season but loving the last days of summer.

OK, multi-cat league (G, A, special team points, +/-, FOW, S, S%, blocks, no PIM thank heavens).

Our last forward spot will be either Franzen (Wings) or Ennis (Sabres). It's a bidding league and Franzen costs about double what Ennis does, but neither is too expensive so that's not a huge dealbreaker.

Benefit of Ennis is he should get FOW where Franzen won't. But Franzen, if healthy, should score more goals.

Question is whether Ennis is going to sniff with breaking out somehow this year. Given the Sabres situation I'm not convinced it will happen, but I always value the community here at Dobber! Anyone have any strong feelings on this one?

thanks

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Krysmo View Post
    Hi all, excited for the new season but loving the last days of summer.

OK, multi-cat league (G, A, special team points, +/-, FOW, S, S%, blocks, no PIM thank heavens).

Our last forward spot will be either Franzen (Wings) or Ennis (Sabres). It's a bidding league and Franzen costs about double what Ennis does, but neither is too expensive so that's not a huge dealbreaker.

Benefit of Ennis is he should get FOW where Franzen won't. But Franzen, if healthy, should score more goals.

Question is whether Ennis is going to sniff with breaking out somehow this year. Given the Sabres situation I'm not convinced it will happen, but I always value the community here at Dobber! Anyone have any strong feelings on this one?

thanks
    I would rather have Ennis. Franzen should get you more goals but Ennis will be very close in overall production and as you said he is cheaper and will get you some mroe FOW.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Id rather have Ennis as well. Franzen is one of the most frustrating fantasy players to own and as you said....Ennis will get you faceoffs.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I see both Franzen and Ennis round the 55-point mark this season.

G - edge to Franzen
    A - edge to Ennis
    special team points - edge to Franzen
    +/- - big edge to Franzen
    FOW - edge to Ennis since he's C but I actually don't know how many he wins
    blocks - non-relevant as both are F and don't block that many

It's fairly close but Franzen is an injury risk and is getting up there in age and given his style of play, that is a concern. Ennis (and all of BUF for that matter) will hurt in you +/-.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Pro

You're stating Franzen will cost double what Ennis would cost? For two players who are expected to produce simiarly, I'd definitely go Ennis here. Also Franzen is a higher risk for injury. And don't forget Ennis will be an RFA next summer so he should have a big season.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for all the great contributions, gang. Ennis it will most likely be.
    And a poster with the Red Wing icon says Ennis over Franzen...well, that says a lot!

good luck to all for your upcoming pools.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    You're stating Franzen will cost double what Ennis would cost? For two players who are expected to produce simiarly, I'd definitely go Ennis here. Also Franzen is a higher risk for injury. And don't forget Ennis will be an RFA next summer so he should have a big season.
    I agree with this thought process. Production will be similar, so the salary becomes the determining factor
    Full Keeper with Contracts Determined via Auction. Top 9 F, 4 D and 2 G get stats each week. G/A worth 1 pt, +/- worth 0.5. 2 Pts for each Goalie Win and 1 per shutout.

Forwards: Crosby, Parise, Malkin, Duchene, Okposo, van Riemsdyk, Eberle, Skinner, Paciorotty, Mueller, Little, Kadri
    Defense: Boyle, McDonaugh, Elliot, Bouwmeester, Phaneuf, EKarlsson
    Goalie: Price, Miller, Rask, Bernier, Holtby