Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Round 1 Discussion

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Round 1 Discussion

Rad64 wrote:
    Hey guys,

What do think of my Lidstrom pick, do you think he\'s getting too old to go this high? If so, what round did you think he\'d go in?

Thanks,
    Cory

i think it will keep it value for 2 maybe 3 year but after that you will need a new general at the blue line
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Master

Chinny wrote:
    mapletreemarty wrote:
    Crazynuck wrote:
    Well put Noriculous, lets get this trade rolling.

Getting close to your turn Noriculous, must be killing you. I waited a whole day for mine so I know how you feel.
    By trade you mean draft??? See it happens to everybody

Oh, and I believe I won last night
    So this is how he got his post count up, say something that makes no sense than will have to come back with 5 posts to correct it!
    Are you talking about my posts again Chinny.

The random talk if you read correctly is Maple and not me.

Jealous eh?
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Initiate

Well he has at least 2 years left based on his contract extension. By then he will be 40. But up until then, you have a 70+ point defenceman. Cant be all bad...

Dobber Sports Master

forget about points this guy is a +/- machine
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Initiate

Man... this wait is killer. Anyone know if Dan has spoken to Commish yet? Or better yet, has he registered?

Dobber Sports Ace

have a question for experienced player in roto for the GAA

if i played my goalie 1 time and he made a shout out will is GAA will be 0.00 so if i bench it for the rest of the year i win this category....i know i lose the other two
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Ninja

NordiqueFan wrote:
    Rad64 wrote:
    Hey guys,

What do think of my Lidstrom pick, do you think he\'s getting too old to go this high? If so, what round did you think he\'d go in?

Thanks,
    Cory

i think it will keep it value for 2 maybe 3 year but after that you will need a new general at the blue line
    I feel the same way taking Brodeur. I\'ve got a stud for 2 maybe 3 years, then I had better have a stud waiting in the wings (hmmm Wings, mmmmm wings - man I\'ve got to stop going out to the bars to watch the games!).

On another note, I have not heard from Dan yet. It is possible with the long weekend almost upon us, that he has already gone away for the weekend. Be patient guys, I know the waiting is killing some of you.

Once I get back \"home\", we\'ll come up with a more structured draft where we have time slots to hopefully make the draft go at a much faster pace. That will only be until 10 Jun or so.

We have some people away starting 10 Jun. We can continue to pick up until the guy that\'s away though. We will have to break for the summer, although we could continue with a slow draft, but with no expectations. Some people go camping and don\'t want to be linked to internet, telephones, etc.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

NordiqueFan wrote:

if i played my goalie 1 time and he made a shout out will is GAA will be 0.00 so if i bench it for the rest of the year i win this category....i know i lose the other two
    I have thought of this as well. I don\'t like the possibility of this. There may be a minimum games played rule added to prevent this kind of stuff. I\'d say cheating, but that is too harsh of a word because if there is no rule against it,then it\'s legal. It\'s still not something I like.

Maybe a 25 games played minimum rule in order for your GAA category points to count. You can keep the cumulative goalie stats (Wins, Saves) because you only hurt yourself with less games played.

I\'ll give it some thought, but I think that it goes against the spirit of fair play. Right now, I\'d like to focus on the draft portion.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

this is not what i want a do but cannot find the answer anywhere...
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Star

The Comish wrote:
    NordiqueFan wrote:
    Rad64 wrote:
    Hey guys,

Thanks,
    Cory

I feel the same way taking Brodeur. I\'ve got a stud for 2 maybe 3 years, then I had better have a stud waiting in the wings (hmmm Wings, mmmmm wings - man I\'ve got to stop going out to the bars to watch the games!).

On another note, I have not heard from Dan yet. It is possible with the long weekend almost upon us, that he has already gone away for the weekend. Be patient guys, I know the waiting is killing some of you.

Once I get back \"home\", we\'ll come up with a more structured draft where we have time slots to hopefully make the draft go at a much faster pace. That will only be until 10 Jun or so.

We have some people away starting 10 Jun. We can continue to pick up until the guy that\'s away though. We will have to break for the summer, although we could continue with a slow draft, but with no expectations. Some people go camping and don\'t want to be linked to internet, telephones, etc.
    Hey Commish,

I\'ve been going over my field schedule and might not be leaving until the 15th/16th...I\'ll be on the road headed out to vancouver, than may have internet access while i\'m at a conf. june 23rd-25/26th... than nothing until early July.... I\'ll know more details nearing the end of May once we have our sites determined.
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Star

The Comish wrote:
    NordiqueFan wrote:

I have thought of this as well. I don\'t like the possibility of this. There may be a minimum games played rule added to prevent this kind of stuff. I\'d say cheating, but that is too harsh of a word because if there is no rule against it,then it\'s legal. It\'s still not something I like.

Maybe a 25 games played minimum rule in order for your GAA category points to count. You can keep the cumulative goalie stats (Wins, Saves) because you only hurt yourself with less games played.

I\'ll give it some thought, but I think that it goes against the spirit of fair play. Right now, I\'d like to focus on the draft portion.
    I think the minimum rule will also depend on a team by team basis I think.... with 30 GM\'s your backup that you may have and a young guy that is a couple of years away may only get you 10 starts?? In a situation like this as long as you play your goalie every game possible, it should maybe be an exception to the 25-30 games rule or something??
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Then what would stop guys from taking only prospect goaltenders and max out one of the three categories? It may be necessary to prevent a cheap category win.

Dobber Sports Master

The Comish wrote:
    Then what would stop guys from taking only prospect goaltenders and max out one of the three categories? It may be necessary to prevent a cheap category win.
    I know there was a dispute in the dobber expert league about something similar to this. I think a 25 games minimum would be fair. But ther should be a clause that if your top goalie is injured for the season an exception can be made.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Stud

I think there should be a hard set limit, then there will be no questions asked, worst case someone has to work on getting the games or trading to get the games

Dobber Sports Initiate

Chinny wrote:
    I think there should be a hard set limit, then there will be no questions asked, worst case someone has to work on getting the games or trading to get the games
    I think there can always be exceptions made to all rules. As long as they are set out up front so there are no disagreements then we can move forward from there. I tell you, there will be a few guys with problems getting all the playing times needed for their goalies...