• Toews

3 4.55%
  • Tavares

63 95.45%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Toews or Tavares?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    I posted a response to this gong show on a thread entitled "Troll Alert", but it has unfortunately been deleted. So here's the Coles Notes version:

1. We all base our opinions on various factors, and for most of us we rely heavily on the writings of others;

2. We are all wrong very often...even those who actually write articles for this site and for the guide;

3. No one, no matter how many postings they have, is entitled to appoint themselves the High Priest(ess) of Fantasy Hockey truth;

4. Rattler gave an opinion, and he backed up by supplying his reasoning and the data he relies on. That's all anyone can ask of any poster here, and the groupthink attack that seems to be happening is ridiculous.

5. Have some effing humility....people are wrong all the time. There are drastic changes in the rankings (especially goalies) every year. He may be wrong about Tavares/Toews, but even if you think it is obvious, calling him a "troll" etc. is arrogant, ridiculous, and is no way to welcome a new member to these boards.

So he thinks Toews is just as good or better at scoring goals than Tavares? There is no need to react to that as if it were heresy and proclaim him to be a troll or a pariah that must be ignored.

This place is supposed to welcome newcomers, not ostracize them.
    Lol. You haven't been paying attention. He is being a troll, and he isn't a newcomer. He is an inactive poster who comes on a couple times per year to try and talk people asking for helpful advice into bad decisions. 6 years isn't a newcomer son, sit down.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Wow, this is as one-sided a poll result as they come (Tavares 45, Toews 1 as of time of this post). Not even mercy votes for Toews (we all know who the lone Toews vote is).
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    I posted a response to this gong show on a thread entitled "Troll Alert", but it has unfortunately been deleted. So here's the Coles Notes version:

1. We all base our opinions on various factors, and for most of us we rely heavily on the writings of others;

2. We are all wrong very often...even those who actually write articles for this site and for the guide;

3. No one, no matter how many postings they have, is entitled to appoint themselves the High Priest(ess) of Fantasy Hockey truth;

4. Rattler gave an opinion, and he backed up by supplying his reasoning and the data he relies on. That's all anyone can ask of any poster here, and the groupthink attack that seems to be happening is ridiculous.

5. Have some effing humility....people are wrong all the time. There are drastic changes in the rankings (especially goalies) every year. He may be wrong about Tavares/Toews, but even if you think it is obvious, calling him a "troll" etc. is arrogant, ridiculous, and is no way to welcome a new member to these boards.

So he thinks Toews is just as good or better at scoring goals than Tavares? There is no need to react to that as if it were heresy and proclaim him to be a troll or a pariah that must be ignored.

This place is supposed to welcome newcomers, not ostracize them.
    Thank You Achillies!!!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    You're not paying attention here dude...not only is he NOT a newcomer, it's a fake account created years ago by a certain dimwitted shit disturber and notorious troll. Read the posts over again, even if you've only been here a couple years you should be able to spot who it is.

You owe us an apology here
    Bro, I haven't posted on this site for years....how is saying Tavares is comparable to Toews being a shit disturber?

You have issues!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Lol. You haven't been paying attention. He is being a troll, and he isn't a newcomer. He is an inactive poster who comes on a couple times per year to try and talk people asking for helpful advice into bad decisions. 6 years isn't a newcomer son, sit down.
    Who are you? The dobber public forum police... relax MALL COP

Dobber Sports Ninja

Exclamation Caution, nothing to see here, move along

You owe us an apology here
    Achilles said nothing worthy of an apology. Weird that you think that.

Even if some guy is trying to troll the forums and he thinks that Toews is better than Tavares in fantasy hockey, it's his opinion however flawed it is.

This is dobberhockey, here we pet the trolls. Too many panties in bunches here over nothing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Achilles said nothing worthy of an apology. Weird that you think that.

Even if some guy is trying to troll the forums and he thinks that Toews is better than Tavares in fantasy hockey, it's his opinion however flawed it is.

This is dobberhockey, here we pet the trolls. Too many panties in bunches here over nothing.
    really dude? that's how you guys 'moderate' huh? are you really that obtuse? you don't see it for what it is? are you blind?

Dobber Sports Ninja

really dude? that's how you guys 'moderate' huh? are you really that obtuse? you don't see it for what it is? are you blind?
    Not acting as Mod here, just posting my opinion. I'm allowed, right? I don't have to stop posting my opinion once I become a mod/admin, do I?

I have already admitted in other posts that I enjoy being obtuse. I'm also a Scorpio and I do enjoy long walks on the beach.

What exactly did Achilles say that deserves an apology? Did he hurt someone's feelings? I am getting older, so I need my reading glasses, but I'm not blind yet.

How come we don't get any apologies from you after insulting the heck out of some poor sucker who disagrees with your viewpoint?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Has tequilamonster ever been banned aside from the three weeks or so I slapped on him back when I had the banhammer? I know I wanted to permaban the troll, but no...

Can someone of the mods at least do a basic IP search to see what other sock puppet accounts he has?

I'm disappointed that I didn't find this thread earlier. I would have posted this gif:

GO WINGS!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Not acting as Mod here, just posting my opinion. I'm allowed, right? I don't have to stop posting my opinion once I become a mod/admin, do I?

I have already admitted in other posts that I enjoy being obtuse. I'm also a Scorpio and I do enjoy long walks on the beach.

What exactly did Achilles say that deserves an apology? Did he hurt someone's feelings? I am getting older, so I need my reading glasses, but I'm not blind yet.

How come we don't get any apologies from you after insulting the heck out of some poor sucker who disagrees with your viewpoint?

Of course you can share your opinion, but as a mod you need to be careful with chastising others, especially when you're talking out of your ****ing ass (as usual). I'll use small words and break this down for you, hopefully it will sink in.

1)The fact that the viewpoint differed from the majority is completely irrelevant, in fact it ceased to have any relevance a couple threads ago. That's the reason we are rightly angry and that's the reason Achilles owes several folks an apology, because like you, the entire thing went over his head and he slung shit in the wrong direction and defended the troll.
    2)Rattler aka bletchey, etc etc... aka half a dozen other accounts are all aliases for the same user. If you paid a little more attention to basic details and a little less about giving me shit for real or imagined slights that you find oh so objectionable you'd probably be less pissy and a better mod and we'd have better forums. Allow me to elucidate:

-the fact that all these accounts were created six years ago in 2007, that all of them follow the same pattern: low post count (like a couple dozen posts), only posting every couple years, only posting to troll and intentionally stir up shit in threads (or occasionally to deceive a fellow pool-mate with false advice). You would really have us believe that all of a sudden, out of the blue in the last 48 hrs, all these accounts from 6 years ago suddenly woke up from 'hypersleep' (like in Alien!) and decided to start posting in the same threads and with the same exact trolling patterns? Really? lmao
    -the eerie similarity in tone, wording and writing style that these posts all share? For example:

1)The constant use of the ellipsis...like this...every second word...all the damn time...every second or...third word

2)The short, choppy sentences...

like this

broken out onto several...

lines

like some, spastic, ****ing...stream...of consciousness...

3)The UNECESSARY and EXCESSIVE use of CAPITALS to denote EMPHASIS and ATTITUDE

4)The ridiculous scramble of posts he's logging now with that account (after being called out) trying to establish some kind of legitimacy...c'mon, you make 25-30 posts in 6 years and then all of a sudden have this big cluster**** of a trollfest and go rattling off another 25-30 in a day? Please Comish, open your eyes and give your head a good shake.

Here are a couple of recent posts by Rattler (screen capped, cause he'll probably change em otherwise): http://imgur.com/gu2BfPk,jMVu6uB
    Here are a couple from TM: http://imgur.com/TQ1yKTe,LoNEcqa,88FZ0ij

note: click the 'First Image', 'Second Image' etc at the top to see the large sized images

Seriously, this is what passes for 'moderating' these forums? What a ****ing joke. Don't quit your day jobs.
    Last edited by mister_mcgoo; August 20, 2013 at 11:13 PM.

Dobber Sports Pro

Where are the parents?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    Where are the parents?
    getting drunk with the mods

Dobber Sports Initiate

Nothing went "over my head" here, and I don't believe I owe anyone an apology. I certainly don't mean to imply that every response to Rattler was inappropriate. What I did see was that when he stood his ground and argued his point, people started by responding to him in a patronizing manner (eg. calling him "bud", telling him to "try reading"). Fair enough. This progressed to outright name calling ("dickhead", "idiot"). Then Seeds of Grapes started this very thread just to "prove a point" and McGoo did a McCarthyesque background check, then the pile-on began. Seeds of Grapes started a third thread entitled "Troll Alert". I presume that was deleted by a mod....which should come as a relief to SoG because its existence was making him/her look like a vindictive jerk.

If the argument (though calling it that is disingenuous, given the name-calling and personal attacks) had stayed between McGoo and Rattler I would have stayed out of it....but come on, starting 2 threads as part of a passive-aggressive attack on someone is just too much. It's ironic that both threads claimed Rattler was the "troll".

I'm not being sanctimonious here. I have been guilty of being a douche myself. However I'm not going to be silent when someone is getting ganged up on for nothing more than expressing an opinion and sticking by it. Even if McGoo is right about Rattler having a "fake account", he didnt't do anything in the original post that could be called "sh$t disturbing". In fact, even though I disagreed with his assessment of Toews/Tavares, I though he backed up his position quite well. His arguments certainly weren't "completely destroyed" as one member claimed. If they had been, there would have been little reason to turn the discussion into a personal attack and public shaming.

We all can let our emotions get the better of us and get carried away in an argument. Including me. It's even easier to get carried away on the Internet. The response to Rattler was way over the top. It offends me when a larger group of people starts throwing stones at someone because they have a different point of view....especially about something as trivial as gambling.

We all have enough negative BS that we have to deal with in our real lives....let's try not to bring it here. This place is supposed to be fun.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Pro

Dobber Sports Monster

Everyone done hating on each other? Man I come in from work all excited to see some good hockey talk and I run into this railroad of a mess hhaha. Hockey season is almost here guys. Let's get back on track. This type of behavior does no one any good. It hurts others from having interest. I didn't read the entire thread so forgive my ignorance here. Let's clean it up.