Thread: Kaepernick or Le'Veon Bell

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Kaepernick or Le'Veon Bell

Just inherited this keeper team. We start 1 QB and 2 RB's and I'll have a first pick that comes down to one of these two. I know Kaepernick is the better guy, but my RB's are terrible, and it'll be fairly slim picks after my first pick. Advice?

Eli Manning - QB
    Jake Locker - QB
    Steven Jackson - RB
    Isaiah Pead - RB
    Hakeem Nicks - WR
    Percy Harvin - WR
    Steve Smith - WR
    Kenny Britt - WR
    Alshon Jeffery - WR
    Coby Fleener - TE
    Owen Daniels - TE
    Houston - D

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ouf, that is a tough team to be taking over for sure. It's close but I think I would go with Kaepernick here. You won't be competing this year anyways I would guess so you might as well shore up your QB1 position for the future.
    Try and see what you can get for Eli in terms of a trade for a RB and stay active on the WW to land a backup RB when his starter gets injured.
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw20 View Post
    Ouf, that is a tough team to be taking over for sure. It's close but I think I would go with Kaepernick here. You won't be competing this year anyways I would guess so you might as well shore up your QB1 position for the future.
    Try and see what you can get for Eli in terms of a trade for a RB and stay active on the WW to land a backup RB when his starter gets injured.
    What QBs and RBs other than those two are available?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

draft Kaep and trade him, it's possible to even trade him to the owner of Le'veon for Bell+. With Eli already on your team and QB being quite deep, you need to focus on getting name value for some of the players you have on your team. Like I mentioned already, I would be drafting Kaep and looking to trade him while his ADP is high and he hasn't stunk it up yet (not saying he will but his value is high enough for a healthy return right now). I would also be shopping SJaxx hard to hopefully a contender who has a little bit of a hole at RB. Your focus really should be on getting players you can trade away again for more value. Trading SJaxx to someone for another RB like Forte or CJ2K doesn't make much sense in the long run. You want to start stacking players like Bell, Giovani, DeAndre Hopkins, Patterson, etc.

Shop SJaxx for a healthy return of either a top TE or WR or even another QB and start shopping your return again (i.e., trade SJaxx for lets say, Andre Johnson + ; then move Andre Johnson for someone like Reggie Bush + or Bell + and so forth).

High number keepers are tough in football when your thinnest position is also the most important. You could draft Le'Veon Bell and then trade what you've got to keep getting more, it's the '+' that's important here because the more names you add to your roster (younger names of course), the better chance you end up having someone like Alfred Morris, or David Wilson on your team etc. etc.

Good Luck. Tough to turn things like that around.
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Round1 View Post
    Just inherited this keeper team. We start 1 QB and 2 RB's and I'll have a first pick that comes down to one of these two. I know Kaepernick is the better guy, but my RB's are terrible, and it'll be fairly slim picks after my first pick. Advice?

Eli Manning - QB
    Jake Locker - QB
    Steven Jackson - RB
    Isaiah Pead - RB
    Hakeem Nicks - WR
    Percy Harvin - WR
    Steve Smith - WR
    Kenny Britt - WR
    Alshon Jeffery - WR
    Coby Fleener - TE
    Owen Daniels - TE
    Houston - D
    If your league is 14 team or bigger, take Kaepernick - QB's will have great value and his trade value will be immense (or Manning's)
    If 12 or smaller, take Bell, depth QB's are less valuable and while you might trade a QB a starting RB is of more obvious value.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Round1 View Post

Eli Manning - QB
    Jake Locker - QB
    Steven Jackson - RB
    Isaiah Pead - RB
    Hakeem Nicks - WR
    Percy Harvin - WR
    Steve Smith - WR
    Kenny Britt - WR
    Alshon Jeffery - WR
    Coby Fleener - TE
    Owen Daniels - TE
    Houston - D

As mentioned before, try to trade players and stock up as many young names as you can. But regarding your original question, take Bell or Lacy with your 1st pick. Eli is good enough to start in most leagues and I think The Gmen will find themselves down in a bunch of games this year. No need to grab another QB.