Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eberle or Drouin?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Eberle or Drouin?

Points only, salary-capped keeper league, who's the better choice?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Eberle next year, Drouin long term. Would rather have Drou

Dobber Sports Prodigy

coolio, lets hope i get him then
    DobberHockey Injury Report Columnist

Points only keeper league. 9F 6D 1G + 5 Bench & 9 Farm. $109M cap.
    Drop 5 at the end of the year from Main team only.
    10 Teams.

F: Crosby Kane McDavid Hall Draisaitl MacKinnon Duchene Backstrom Hornqvist Sprong Perron

D: Letang Green Klingberg Rielly Faulk Bowey Phaneuf Campbell Schultz

G: Holtby

Farm: RNH E.Lindholm Vrbata Fabbri Morrissey Pouliot Murray Vasilevskiy Fleury

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'd take Drouin easily.

Dobber Sports Stud

no question here. drouin easily.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Cap league makes it closer, but I still like Eberle better. Remember that Daig...errr...Drouin has not yet played a game in the NHL. Argument could be made for Drouin based on cap league, but I wouldn't say "Drouin by far".

Remember last year at this time, Granlund was the "golden boy" who was a "lock" to put up huge numbers. It's great to get pumped up about young kids entering the league, but not all of them pan out or live up to the hype.
    14-team keeper, Fantrax weekly H2H roto match-ups, daily rosters, 4 waiver moves per week
    8 Skater Cats (G,A,PPP,SOG,PIM,HIT,BS,FOW) and 3 Goalie Cats (W,GAA,SV%)

Start C/C/LW/LW/RW/RW/F/F/D/D/D/D/D/G/G/Util, + 4 bench spots (20 player roster size + 1 IR spot as per Fantrax IR settings)
    Keep 10 players (and 8 prospects w/ less than 25 GP), 10 round entry draft (5 round prospect draft)

2013-14: 1st place reg. season, 3rd in Playoffs
    C - Giroux, Getzlaf, Kadri, Gagner
    LW - Kunitz, JVR, Schenn (C/LW), Girgensons (C/LW)
    RW - Carter (C/LW/RW), Hossa, Pominville, Perron (LW/RW)
    D - Doughty, Josi, Edler, Cowen, Gorges
    G - Andersen, Halak

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed613 View Post
    Cap league makes it closer, but I still like Eberle better. Remember that Daig...errr...Drouin has not yet played a game in the NHL. Argument could be made for Drouin based on cap league, but I wouldn't say "Drouin by far".

Remember last year at this time, Granlund was the "golden boy" who was a "lock" to put up huge numbers. It's great to get pumped up about young kids entering the league, but not all of them pan out or live up to the hype.
    Is "Daigle" the one goto bust people often quote?

don't let one or two flops get in the way of a no brainer stud. I could list all the monsters taken in the top 3, but I won't waste your time.

Also. That was what, like 1997? Drafting/Scouting/Player Development is so completely different from what it was then that flops like that don't happen anymore. The single early round flop I can think of recently is Erik Johnson, and he's still a pretty decent NHL defenseman. Eberle is a 60-65 point forward, I'll take the upside of Drouin

I was kidding lads. By no means do I think that Drouin is the next Daigle. I agree that he has a great opportunity and a successful career ahead of him, just not sure that he is the "better choice by far" than Eberle, even in a cap league.
    14-team keeper, Fantrax weekly H2H roto match-ups, daily rosters, 4 waiver moves per week

Start C/C/LW/LW/RW/RW/F/F/D/D/D/D/D/G/G/Util, + 4 bench spots (20 player roster size + 1 IR spot as per Fantrax IR settings)
    Keep 10 players (and 8 prospects w/ less than 25 GP), 10 round entry draft (5 round prospect draft)

G - Andersen, Halak

Dobber Sports Veteran

With the salary difference, I give Drouin the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by bletchley View Post
    Is "Daigle" the one goto bust people often quote?

don't let one or two flops get in the way of a no brainer stud. I could list all the monsters taken in the top 3, but I won't waste your time.
    I call your bluff, Bletchley. Take the #3 overall pick from the past ten years and tell me how many you would keep over Eberle:

2012 - Galchenyuk (maybe, leaning toward yes)
    2011 - Huberdeau (maybe)
    2010 - Gudbranson (no)
    2009 - Duchene (yes)
    2008 - Bogosian (no)
    2007 - Turris (no)
    2006 - Toews (yes)
    2005 - J. Johnson (no)
    2004 - Barker (no)
    2003 - Horton (no)

So less than 50%. Granted, this draft is alleged to be one of the strongest in years, but my point remains that a lot of folks are quick to anoint a player as a "sure thing", when history shows us that for every Gaborik drafted 3rd overall, there is a Svitov or Barker. Sure, Drouin put up great numbers in the Q with MacKinnon, and has sick hands. But let's see him play a few games in the show, and see how his body responds to getting crushed into the boards by someone like Brooks Orpik before we write his ticket to the Hall of Fame.

Eberle already has a 70+ point season under his belt, and plays with Taylor Hall. Drouin could/might play with Stamkos, and has yet to set foot on an NHL rink.

G - Andersen, Halak

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Also. That was what, like 1997? Drafting/Scouting/Player Development is so completely different from what it was then that flops like that don't happen anymore. The single early round flop I can think of recently is Erik Johnson, and he's still a pretty decent NHL defenseman. Eberle is a 60-65 point forward, I'll take the upside of Drouin
    No...EJ is NOT a pretty decent NHL defenceman...HE IS AND REMAINS a flop. I was with you until you laid that disclosure down. Lol

But yes...I chance it with Drouin.

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    No...EJ is NOT a pretty decent NHL defenceman...HE IS AND REMAINS a flop. I was with you until you laid that disclosure down. Lol

But yes...I chance it with Drouin.
    Well now. By solid I mean he can play second pairing and do ok. Like Andrew Ference. Haha.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Well now. By solid I mean he can play second pairing and do ok. Like Andrew Ference. Haha.
    LOL...fair enough. Although a guy who can play 2nd pairing and "DO OK"...mmmm...I'd maybe gravitate to the word..."adequate"... or "without drawing attention to himself". lol

But a 1st over all like that? BRUTAL!!!!

Dobber Sports Stud

Eberle is a 60-65 point forward,
    No he's not. 76 points in season two. By the very definition of the term, he is not a 60 point forward.

Not necessarily saying to do the deal (I passed on an offer of Eberle for my MackInnon, and it wasn't salary cap), but let's give credit where credit is due. Eberle is one hell of a player.