Thread: Format

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Format

My format is 6 offensive (g,a , plus minus, ppg,ppa gwg), and 3 goaltending (w, gaa, sv) plus 2 bonus points( shorthanded points and shoutouts) I call them that because it doesn't happen all the time. Most of thew time its a 9 point week.

You need 6 points out of 11 to win

How much stock do you put in goaltending when you can actually win the week in offense?

The Wolverine

Without knowing league depth I would focus on workhorses since two of your main three categories are quantity based. Furthermore, as GAA can fluctuate on a weekly basis, I wouldn't focus worry too much about having elite goalies when top offensive players are still available. That being said, I wouldn't disregard them completely, just don't overpay to get them.

This all depends on the context of your question, of course, e.g. depth, draft vs trades vs keepers etc

Dobber Sports All-Star

I would put a ton of stock in goaltending since it counts for one third of total scoring. If you have good goaltending, then winning all 3 goalie cats should be fairly consistent. If that's the case you only need to win 3 out of the 6 skater cats to win every week. Thats having a huge advantage when you know that your team is probably going to take 2 or 3 cats before the week even starts.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Daily or weekly starts? If it's weekly then you need to avoid goalie tandems at all cost. Like Horrorfan says, since wins and saves don't penalize goalies for a weak showing you just need to plug in guys that play a lot and maybe have a weaker defense (more shots allowed). I'd focus on guys like Fleury, Nabokov and Dubnyk who should be available deeper in the draft over the Schneider's, Halak's, Bernier's who'll be spliting time and/or play on more defensive teams. Save your higher picks for offense.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Format

Daily starts

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Format

8 team league

The Wolverine

In an eight team league, assuming you start two, there is plenty of good goaltending available so my suggestion remains the same - focus on workhorses.