Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who is the dirty Flyer...?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Who is the dirty Flyer...?

That is funny Doulos. Chuk, bang on. The part you quoted was exactly what riled me up. Despite my efforts of docking one karma, he ended up going from +1 to +3. Oh well. I\'ve already spoken my peace.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dobber wrote:
    duballstar014 wrote:
    Whatever man. He was diving to get the puck in the corner. To say that hit is a dirty hit when we all know everything else thats been going on all season long and in game one alone, I think it\'s pretty weak to try and say that is a dirty hit when his intention was not to injure a Penguin, the Pen wasnt hurt, and there was no penalty called.

The Flyer you are questioning is Thoresen. All that guy does is work hard and play clean. I have yet to see him do something dirty like punch someone in the head (Gonchar) or intentionally fall skates first into a goalie (Laraque).

Who is this dirty Flyer player? I just want to know to see if it was a normal dirty player or someone else on the team that now has no standards or hockey etiquette.
    To me, that is ignorant. -1

Not ignorant at all. GSP +5 for all the bashing you are taking. If that was Briere and it was a Penguins player that did that to him, the Flyers fans would be all over it. C\'mon guys, re-read what GSP is saying. Was it biased? Sure. But was it really offensive? DobberHockey readers should have backbones of iron! Just say \"Patrick Thoresen was the player, and that hit was clean, are you crazy?\" and leave it at that.

doulos I read this and didn\'t even bother replying.
    Why? The question seemed innocent to me. Man oh man...HFBoards, or what? :lol:

primeau25 This is stupid.
    The Flyers made some poor decisions in the BEGINNING of the year and now every little thing they do, some idiot feels the need to whine \"that\'s a dirty hit! that\'s a dirty hit!\". It wasn\'t even a penalty! Wake up!
    Now this is a fair rebuttal. You got your point in, you said it was stupid, but you didn\'t jump on him for asking the question. This is what DobberHockey is all about!

primeau25
    The embodiment of a fan who knows absolutely nothing about hockey.
    OUCH! You had to go and ruin it

Trash talk him, call his opinion outright biased and wrong...but let\'s be realistic. The person obviously not only knows about hockey, but he enjoys it enough to join a forum on it.

B)

PS - Thoresen is a pretty rough player, but is clean from what I have seen. But he pushes the limit with his hard play, which is a good thing. So I agree, it wasn\'t dirty. That\'s my opinion. I agree with you all - but was shocked at the gangbanging here.
    I distinctly remember some guy posting on here asking for dating tips. He posted twice and then left. Not once did he talk about hockey, and as far as I\'m concerned GSP isn\'t any different. He\'s talking about a stupid bias against the Flyers with little or no support to back up his claim. That\'s the truth. A guy went down to get the puck along the boards and someone tripped over him, and now we have a 2 page long thread about it because someone thought it was worth it to point a finger at the Flyers organization. Also, to me, he is the embodiment of a fan, notice I used the word \"fan\", therefore acknowledging that he does in fact enjoy hockey, that knows nothing about the sport and has his opinions force-fed from other sources that call the Flyers cheap-shotters, dirty players, dirty organization, etc. but can\'t formulate his own opinion the team. If he saw that dive on any other team, I guarentee you this wouldn\'t be a fuss. But because he reads about the Flyers 35 year long reputation and the suspensions early in the year, he\'s ready to pounce on any little thing the Flyers do, whether it\'s legal or not. The embodiment of a fan who knows so little about the sport, that he simply can not make a statement that is not derived from someone else.
    e11 team league
    F: Zetterberg, St. Louis, Iginla, Datsyuk, Alfredsson, Arnott, Forsberg, Stillman, Whitney, Knuble, Morrow, Holmstrom, Sakic, Doan
    D: McCabe, Lidstrom, Spacek, Markov, Schneider, Chara, Timonen
    G: Biron, Toskala, Ramo
    2ND PLACE

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dobber wrote:
    duballstar014 wrote:
    Whatever man. He was diving to get the puck in the corner. To say that hit is a dirty hit when we all know everything else thats been going on all season long and in game one alone, I think it\'s pretty weak to try and say that is a dirty hit when his intention was not to injure a Penguin, the Pen wasnt hurt, and there was no penalty called.

The Flyer you are questioning is Thoresen. All that guy does is work hard and play clean. I have yet to see him do something dirty like punch someone in the head (Gonchar) or intentionally fall skates first into a goalie (Laraque).

Who is this dirty Flyer player? I just want to know to see if it was a normal dirty player or someone else on the team that now has no standards or hockey etiquette.
    To me, that is ignorant. -1

Not ignorant at all. GSP +5 for all the bashing you are taking. If that was Briere and it was a Penguins player that did that to him, the Flyers fans would be all over it. C\'mon guys, re-read what GSP is saying. Was it biased? Sure. But was it really offensive? DobberHockey readers should have backbones of iron! Just say \"Patrick Thoresen was the player, and that hit was clean, are you crazy?\" and leave it at that.

doulos I read this and didn\'t even bother replying.
    Why? The question seemed innocent to me. Man oh man...HFBoards, or what? :lol:

primeau25 This is stupid.
    The Flyers made some poor decisions in the BEGINNING of the year and now every little thing they do, some idiot feels the need to whine \"that\'s a dirty hit! that\'s a dirty hit!\". It wasn\'t even a penalty! Wake up!
    Now this is a fair rebuttal. You got your point in, you said it was stupid, but you didn\'t jump on him for asking the question. This is what DobberHockey is all about!

primeau25
    The embodiment of a fan who knows absolutely nothing about hockey.
    OUCH! You had to go and ruin it

Trash talk him, call his opinion outright biased and wrong...but let\'s be realistic. The person obviously not only knows about hockey, but he enjoys it enough to join a forum on it.

B)

PS - Thoresen is a pretty rough player, but is clean from what I have seen. But he pushes the limit with his hard play, which is a good thing. So I agree, it wasn\'t dirty. That\'s my opinion. I agree with you all - but was shocked at the gangbanging here.
    He\'s insulting an entire hockey organization and indirectly its fanbase. As you said, we all love hockey enough to post on these boards, so you can be damn sure we\'ll stick up for our team when some bonehead starts the \"Flyers iz dirty\" campaign.
    e11 team league
    F: Zetterberg, St. Louis, Iginla, Datsyuk, Alfredsson, Arnott, Forsberg, Stillman, Whitney, Knuble, Morrow, Holmstrom, Sakic, Doan
    D: McCabe, Lidstrom, Spacek, Markov, Schneider, Chara, Timonen
    G: Biron, Toskala, Ramo
    2ND PLACE

I...am your father.

He must be a Penguins fan. So get him back with by saying Jarkko Ruutu is a cheapshot artist and the entire organization stacks their team with goons (Laraque, Tibbetts, Bonvie).

He\'s insulting an entire organization and it\'s fanbase?

The Flyers are dirty - but it works so I am 100% for it. I back the organization up completely. Yesterday, they signed two goons with zero chance of making the NHL...so I\'m not even mentioning it in my ramblings, but they each had about 100 penalty minutes and two points.

But the Flyers have signed about six players in the last month and I believe five are pure fighters. I love what the team is doing - they are breeding toughness in right through their system so that when players get to the NHL then the culture is ingrained in their system.
    Brilliant!
    I\'m a big fan of what they are doing and if I was a fan of the Flyers, I would feel honored and blessed when someone says that they are dirty, or tough, or both. So don\'t insult Philadelphia\'s chosen path - which is a brilliant one - by saying they aren\'t dirty. Embrace it.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

I should add that their chosen path will lead them to a Stanley Cup within three years - or at the very least a Stanley Cup Final berth. \"Anything to win\". That\'s their motto and frankly, that\'s my motto too.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Guru

wow, you flyers fans sure are sensitive.

thoresen\'s little dive was a bit dirty...admit it! i mean, he submarined the other guy, and in all the years i played hockey, submarining someone was always considered dirty.

\"not even a penalty called\"... hah, what? since when did we all agree that the referees had the godlike ability to catch all penalties, or even call the right ones? weak defence..

honestly, i had to go back and watch the highlights a few times to catch this. it was kinda dumb on thoresen, and i\'m not sure why he felt he had to endanger himself like that, but it worked out so whatever.

the play i have a problem with was when richards bombed malkin awkwardly into the boards from 3 or 4 feet out... that is called boarding, and i was taught that boarding was a penalty. hilarious seeing malkin get the puck right back and point blank it through the wickets.

lets keep the hormones in check, boys. you all know that i am indifferent at best towards this series... i\'m not really a big flyers fan, and i always like throwing eggs at the penguins bandwagon bus. keep it civil, eh?

I...am your father.

I don\'t know why someone would get offended by it anyway - if someone called my team dirty, I would wear it like a badge of honor and hold my head up proudly.
    \"Hey Dobber - your team is so f\'n dirty man.\"
    \"Thanks!\"