Thread: Cruz / Closer / Other to Drop for Davis' wheels?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Cruz / Closer / Other to Drop for Davis' wheels?

Hey Dobberites...

I'm currently sitting 3rd in my pool and am looking to add Runs and Steals... 2 cats that I'm sitting close to last in...but a meer 10 - 15 individual counts away.

My stats of strength are HR/RBI (1st)...then Average/OBP (4th) then S/K (5th)

Hmmmm....Cabrera back on DL...Davis is available.

I have 5 Closers (Kimbrel, Chapman, Henderson and late ads Brothers and Ziegler).

While I still have some gains to make with Saves...I think Brothers or Ziegler are my most expendable player right now to drop and pick up Davis.

Thoughts?

Here's my roster

C - Posey (C/1)
    1 - Santana (C/1)
    2 - Kinsler
    3 - Cabrera
    SS - Hardy
    OF - Cruz (soon to be lost...another reason to scoop OF Davis)
    OF - Pence
    OF - McLouth
    Util - Myers

B - Brown (DL)
    B - J Lowrie (S/2b)
    B - Alvarez (3)

SP - Price
    SP - Weaver
    Sp - Sanchez
    SP - Wood
    SP - Teheren
    SP - Archer
    SP - Cobb (DL)
    RP - Kimbrel, Champan, Henderson, Brothers, Ziegler

Drop one of my closers? Or is there someone else better to drop (I suppose Cruz is the obvious guy if he's going to be suspended...but not knowing when that would happen...it would be a disaster to drop him and he not be suspended.

Help me out pls boys!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Either Brothers or Ziegler can be dropped. Neither has the long-term job but then again, Cruz will very likely be suspended shortly. Davis is a decent pick up but you don't have to be in a hurry IMO. I'd probably wait a couple days before making a final decision but remember that adding an OF for just steals is usually easy to do.

If Cruz is indeed suspended, 1 for 1 replacing with Rajai makes a lot of sense.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    Either Brothers or Ziegler can be dropped. Neither has the long-term job but then again, Cruz will very likely be suspended shortly. Davis is a decent pick up but you don't have to be in a hurry IMO. I'd probably wait a couple days before making a final decision but remember that adding an OF for just steals is usually easy to do.

If Cruz is indeed suspended, 1 for 1 replacing with Rajai makes a lot of sense.
    I agree entirely, good move dropping Cruz for Davis.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    I agree entirely, good move dropping Cruz for Davis.
    HEY! You're not supposed to be around anymore. Focused on that School thing you're doing! lol

Thanks man. Actualy accepted a trade for OF Crawford in exchange for Cruz (not sure what the other guy was thinking...likely hoping for an appeal). Davis is till on the wire, but not sure that he's worth it given his lack of playing time and I just got Brown back from the DL.

Thanks. Mac

Dobber Sports Veteran

I did replies to both of your topics. Cough hack *rep me* hack.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne