Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football Guide 2013

I...am your father.

Default Fantasy Football Guide 2013

Looking for feedback. What does everyone think?

I'm really high on Cushard, who is a mastermind when it comes to fantasy sports, particularly football. So I believe that you are getting projections and insight from the best.

http://www.dobbersports.com/dobbersp...-products.html
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Immortal

I will be picking it up again this year and have no issues with previous years. Can't wait.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thumbs up

I picked it up this year for the first time...I just started a fresh new football league, so that's the reason.

I really enjoyed it so far. Although I was wondering what happened to the 7/24 projections update? Is it postponed?

Future features I would like to see:
    - Extensive IDP projections (our league uses over 300 IDP's)
    - Rookie reports (somewhat similair to the NHL prospect report, perhaps a separate issue for purchase just like the NHL one - our league starts with the annual entry draft a few weeks after the NFL entry draft)

I will be purchasing it next year nonetheless.

Keep up the good job!
    NHL Dynasty #1 (24-team - H2H Rotisserie - 4xC,4xLW,4xRW,6xD,1xG)
    Stats: G, A, Ft, SOG, STP, Hit, Blk, Tk, FOW, W, SV, SHO

NFL Dynasty #1 (12-team - H2H Rotisserie - 2xQB,2xRB,4xWR,2xTE,2xK,3xDE,3xDT,4xLB,3xCB,3xS)
    Stats: PaY, PaT, RcY, RcT, RuY, RcT, RtY, RtT, FF, Int, Sk, TkA, TkS, PD, XP, FG, FGYd, KPt

NHL Dynasty #2 (12-team - H2H Points - 18xF (top 12 count), 9xD (top 6 count), 2xG (top 1 count))
    Stats: G (1), A (1), W (2), SHO (3)

NFL Dynasty #2 (6-team - H2H Points - 5xQB (top 3 count), 5xRB (top 3 count), 9xWR (top 6 count), 5xTE (top 3 count))
    Stats: PaT (4), PaY (1/25), Rc (1), RcT (6), RcY (1/10), RuT (6), RuY (1/10), FL (-1), Int (-2)

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by RippedOnNitro View Post
    Although I was wondering what happened to the 7/24 projections update? Is it postponed?
    Not sure if it's been mentioned recently but is there another update to the guide coming soon? Many of the team pages say it will be updated on 7/24 but it hasn't yet. Some communication on delays would be helpful. As a Dobber regular I'm patient but if somebody new is finding this it doesn't give a very good first impression IMO. The content is great and I appreciate all your hard work. Delays happen but communication is vital. Cheers.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned recently but is there another update to the guide coming soon? Many of the team pages say it will be updated on 7/24 but it hasn't yet. Some communication on delays would be helpful. As a Dobber regular I'm patient but if somebody new is finding this it doesn't give a very good first impression IMO. The content is great and I appreciate all your hard work. Delays happen but communication is vital. Cheers.
    i agree, update should be soon based on guide saying updates as of 7/24?
    Yahoo Pool Keeper - Keep 7

Won the championship last year.

12 Teams

Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, G. Weekly changes.

C - Giroux, Datsyuk, Sequin, Nugent-Hopkins.
    W - P. Kane, Hall, Hartnell, Simmonds, Dubinsky.
    D - Burns, Bieska, Hamhuis, Garrison, Gudas, McDonagh.
    G - Bobrovsky, Bishop, Pavelec.

Scoring:

Point = 1
    Plus/Minus = 1/-1
    PIM = .25
    PPG = 2
    SHG = 3
    GWG = 1

Wins = 3
    Losses = -1
    SO = 5

Max 5 moves a season.

Drouin for Downie
    Rinne for Dubinsky
    Giorodano for Pavelec
    Downie for Dubinsky

2013 7 keepers: Giroux, Datsyuk, Sequin, Hall, RNH, Kane, Rinne.

Dobber Sports Deity

I joined a football keeper pool last season and our draft is coming up and trying to find the best source to help me make my rookie picks. Does the Dobber guide offer a pre-draft rankings for all rookies for the upcoming season to help me in my draft or is it more based around 1 year pools.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

There are rookie rankings in the guide.

There will be a major update to the guide this Friday 8/2. All rankings will be updated to reflect recent injuries and training camp news and there will be even more articles and projections added.

Seriously folks, this guide costs the same or less than some news stand magazines and will provide you with up to date info up to the moment of your draft. Guys in your league drafting with magazines will still be told to draft Percy Harvin and Michael Crabtree. Get this guide and you will have the most current information possible.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post

This is my biggest issue as a first time buyer of the football guide.

I can appreciate the work that goes into creating a huge guide like this but I'd rather wait an extra two weeks and get a mostly completed guide with only feature sections missing. The incomplete teams was really a disappointment for me the first time browsing through.

Second, expectations need to be managed better. If you need to complete updates to the guide I'd prefer to see "Team write up coming soon, check back for updates" rather than see a deadline missed by a week. I don't check the football ramblings so maybe the delays have been explained but it still doesn't look good on the guide itself when I'm checking it on Aug 1st.

I'm a big fan of the hockey guides, and will continue to buy those year in and year out.

Quote Originally Posted by Late Round Gem View Post

I can appreciate the work that goes into creating a huge guide like this but I'd rather wait an extra two weeks and get a mostly completed guide with only feature sections missing. The incomplete teams was really a disappointment for me the first time browsing through.

Second, expectations need to be managed better. If you need to complete updates to the guide I'd prefer to see "Team write up coming soon, check back for updates" rather than see a deadline missed by a week. I don't check the football ramblings so maybe the delays have been explained but it still doesn't look good on the guide itself when I'm checking it on Aug 1st.

I'm a big fan of the hockey guides, and will continue to buy those year in and year out.
    Stick with us. We are working as hard as we possibly can to bring you the best draft guide possible. Lots of new things coming today.

Thank you for all of your comments and suggestions. I assure you we are listening to them all.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Looking for feedback. What does everyone think?

I'm really high on Cushard, who is a mastermind when it comes to fantasy sports, particularly football. So I believe that you are getting projections and insight from the best.

http://www.dobbersports.com/dobbersp...-products.html
    Hey Dobber,

I sent you a PM. Still having troubles and i'm getting ancy!

Probably my own doing but please share your wisdom.

tks.

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Hey Dobber,

I sent you a PM. Still having troubles and i'm getting ancy!

Probably my own doing but please share your wisdom.

tks.
    Anything I can help with?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Price View Post
    Anything I can help with?
    Thanks Matt. Dobber set me up.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Late Round Gem View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Price View Post
    Stick with us. We are working as hard as we possibly can to bring you the best draft guide possible. Lots of new things coming today.

Thank you for all of your comments and suggestions. I assure you we are listening to them all.
    I echo LRG's suggestion about using dates within the guide. It now has "Team write up to be updated on 8/3" on nine teams and it's now August 5th. As I mentioned above, I understand that delays happen but now that's the second time a date has been used within the guide that has been missed. A late addition when it says 'coming soon' is better than multiple missed dates.

Furthermore, I do understand you're working hard to get this complete and there are some great additions in the latest version. However, the primary focus should be the team write ups. I would rather you focus on them first and any additional columns (e.g. sleepers etc) should be done afterwards. Having 9/32 teams without write ups is an incomplete guide. I recommend in future that the guide does not get released until all teams are complete. A late, complete guide is better than an early, incomplete one.

As mentioned, it doesn't look good to first time buyers, so this is crucial to the success of this site and business.

What's there is useful, thanks, and I look forward to the completed version.
    Last edited by horrorfan; August 5, 2013 at 11:52 AM.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Is there any update as to when this is going to be completed??