Thread: lamar miller for my rice plus

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default lamar miller for my rice plus

OK just completed a trade in my pool and I hope it doesn't explode in my face...I traded ray rice and my 5th round pick this year for Lamar Miller a 3rd round pick this year and a first round pick next year

How do you all think I did....I'm praying that miller can match rices TD production this year as my pool is TD only

This season I have 2 first round picks 7th and 11th...two second round picks ...three 3rd round picks and I have another 5th round in my pocket from a prior deal. To start the 2014 season I will have 3 first round picks unless I move them for help during the season

But regardless of all the picks how does the trade look....too much faith in miller on my part or is this guy just primed to breakout in a big way, like I said if he matches the TD production of rice this season than I would be satisfied
    Last edited by Corv; July 23, 2013 at 5:51 PM.
    My Football Pool
    12 team keeper league . Protect 5 .
    Start 1qb,2rb,2wr,1te,1k
    Draft 15 rounds
    TD ONLY. td worth six points . Standard points for kicker.

Andrew Luck, MEGATRON, Dez Bryant, Lamar Miller, Doug Martin

My hockey pool - standard points 1 pnt goal/assist
    Start 12 F , 6D, 2G 1pnt goalie win/5 per shutout
    Keep any combo of 20
    15 reserves

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Corv View Post
    OK just completed a trade in my pool and I hope it doesn't explode in my face...I traded ray rice and my 5th round pick this year for Lamar Miller a 3rd round pick this year and a first round pick next year

How do you all think I did....I'm praying that miller can match rices TD production this year as my pool is TD only

This season I have 2 first round picks 7th and 11th...two second round picks ...three 3rd round picks and I have another 5th round in my pocket from a prior deal. To start the 2014 season I will have 3 first round picks unless I move them for help during the season

But regardless of all the picks how does the trade look....too much faith in miller on my part or is this guy just primed to breakout in a big way, like I said if he matches the TD production of rice this season than I would be satisfied

I think this is a ballsy move by you. I love Lamar Miller and truly believe that he can be a nice fantasy option. But I think asking for anything more than rb2 numbers is asking a lot. Rice is a rb1 still and is heading into his 6th season. A nice article through the link below on that. For this season, I think you lose. Now depending on what type of players are normally available at your draft, this could be a win for you if we are looking at who you can get in next years 1st round.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/...careerarcsrb13

I like the fact that you swapped a guy approaching his decline for an up and comer. I like this trade....I just think you did it a year too soon.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Agree with TheWhale ... ballsy move.

But I actually like the move in your league. For whatever reason, it seems as though Rice is either getting eased up on (to save him from the wear and tear) or, worse yet, being a bit marginalized in the offense. Now don't get me wrong, the guy is still a weapon, but I think he's far more valuable in yardage or performance leagues than in a TD only league. In that format especially, Bernard Pierce worries me as a potentially significant drain on Rice's value.

Regarding Miller, I'm interested to see what he brings this season. But what I feel more confident in is that Daniel Thomas is NOT a large threat to steal the show. Add in the 1st rounder next season and upgrade this year, and I think this tilts in your favor despite Rice's name leaving your roster (and I'd also strongly consider nabbing Pierce in the mid rounds -- you just may make out on both ends!).
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Stud

Rice is a top 3 RB in the league and will be for a while.

Miller isn't even a surefire starter. I like Miller, but he is as unproven as it gets.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    Rice is a top 3 RB in the league and will be for a while.

Miller isn't even a surefire starter. I like Miller, but he is as unproven as it gets.
    I agree with ASF.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Corv View Post

BIG mistake. No way you should have traded a stud like Rice for an unknown commodity in Miller. The picks mean nothing as well because they are unknowns, too.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Deity

Probably not a deal I would have done but it may work out for you. Maybe..
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

TD only league, I'll be really interested to see how this trade pans out this season.

As for the long run, For those saying Rice is a top 3 or 5 back (I agree he's really good) and will be for a few more years to come, I think you're underestimating what a work load the guy has gotten since becoming the starter. He's got a pretty fair amount of mileage on him already. And, I really do think Pierce is a threat -- both long term overall and this season in a TD only league. Dude has talent, is big and, at a minimum, well suited for goal line work.

An interesting piece I just came across:

http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#secti.../p2p-76817254/
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yes I read this article as well....I believe pierce is going to have a big roll on the team and saying that I do think rice will still be effective but I'm willing to roll the dice with miller and to maybe hedge my bets I'll also grab pierce with one of my 7 picks in the first 3 rounds......I don't think my trading partner will like that much but he should be smart enough to lock up Pierce early...if not he's mine.
    My Football Pool
    Start 1qb,2rb,2wr,1te,1k
    Draft 15 rounds

Keep any combo of 20
    15 reserves

Dobber Sports Veteran

Great trade for a keeper league. Rice is definitely a sell high right now.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I don't think he is a sell high right now .....last off season was his high point....from here on in it will get lower and lower but that's my opinion based on his age(he ain't getting younger) based on pierce(he is younger)and based on the ravens having a SB hangover
    My Football Pool
    Start 1qb,2rb,2wr,1te,1k
    Draft 15 rounds

Keep any combo of 20
    15 reserves