Thread: New Columnists Needed

I...am your father.

Default New Columnists Needed

Hi everyone,

I'm going to have a need for anywhere from one to four hockey columnists in a month or so. If you would like to be considered, please post a fantasy hockey column in this section (i.e. create a new thread, do not reply here with your column).

Criteria -

1. insightful
    2. well written (see guidelines in a thread that is stickied in this section
    3. 600 to 1000 words
    4. fantasy relevant

I could also use another three baseball columnists, three hockey prospects scouts/writers and another football writer. So if you are interested in one of these, you can also post your sample article in this area (create a new thread)

Thanks!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

Not volunteering per se (though I'd probably be willing to chip in) but have you ever considered adding a humorous fantasy column in the vein of Down Goes Brown? We've got some funny guys on here, it would probably make for an amusing read with your coffee in the morning...plus might help take the sting out of looking at your roster and realizing that due to injuries your best forward is Dustin Penner

Administrator

Are there any specific column topics that are up for grabs?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

Intriguing...... Whats the deadline for submissions Dobber?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Intriguing...... Whats the deadline for submissions Dobber?
    Let's say two weeks

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Are there any specific column topics that are up for grabs?
    No, there will be some shuffling

Dobber Sports Recruit

Wink New Columnist Submission

The summer has been hot and so has the NHL off season. A lot of players in new places, some I like and some I don’t, my thoughts.

Like:

Ryan to the Sens, this guy is sniper and should get a chance to play on the top like with Spezza and be on the number 1 PP which he should have been in Anaheim but wasn’t, I’m thinking 40 goals 75 points for Ryan.

Eriksson to Boston I like as well, he’s still young and should get back to his 70 point seasons playing with more talent and on a better team

Seguin said all the right things when going to Dallas but he’s still a 21 year old party guy although he has lots of a talent and will be a top line player for Dallas so I’d take a chance on him rebounding and showing the Bruins they made a mistake, around 70+ points

Iginla playing top 6 with the Bruins and will have better players than he ever had in Calgary. He has slowed down the last couple of seasons but I think he can still be decent and around a 65 point player given the players he’ll have around him

Ribeiro should do well on Phoenix, he was a point a game player last year although he won’t have the talent around him he had in Washington he will be a top line, top PP player and should put up around 60 points

Seth Jones I like as he should step right in and be a top D man and PP guy, having said that Nashville don’t have much offense up front so I think Jones is looking at around 40 points in his rookie season

Dislikes:

There is talk of Penner playing on the top line for the Ducks, regardless I can’t see a huge upside, a rebound season for him would be in the 40 point range.

Briere, I don’t think he’ll be any better in Montreal than he was with the Flyers, older, injury prone and probably about 45 points

Lecavalier is similar to Briere and not the player he once was and he’ll still be a 2nd line center like he was with Tampa Bay but I think this is an upgrade over Briere for the Flyers and he should be in the 55 point range

Alfredsson although 40 should rebound a bit with the Redwings as he’ll have more talent around him, but I still put him on my dislikes as I have him pegged for about 55 points and I want 60 point players or higher.

Weiss will rebound in Detroit as well, he only played 17 games last year and tallied 4 points so it’s a no brainer he’ll be better. He’s just 30 and will have good players around him but he won’t be a top line player so probably around 50 points.

Clarkson should put up similar numbers from two seasons ago, 30 goals, 16 assists. I like the move for the Leafs at least for the next couple of seasons but they did pay to much and sign him for to long

Nathan MacKinnon will be a star but I don’t think it will be in his rookie season. He’ll be just 18 years old and the Av’s have said he’ll start as their 3rd line center so sounds like they’ll bring him along slowly. Let’s assume he sticks with the team, he’ll be more like Stamkos as a rookie than Crosby, so 45 points not 100

Those are some of the players that will be in new places next season and how it may impact their fantasy value.

The Great One

what sort of commitment are you looking for? Weekly or monthly contributions?
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Do it SeaDawg! You'd be an awesome writer!!

Dobber Sports Monster

Good luck boys!! I'd love to throw my hat in the ring and give'r a go but I can never think of a good topic to write about haha.

Hopefully we'll see some good submissions entered!!

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Good luck boys!! I'd love to throw my hat in the ring and give'r a go but I can never think of a good topic to write about haha.

Hopefully we'll see some good submissions entered!!
    What about i send you something and you bring it into perfect english?

I have the time and the motivation to do it, my english is just not good enough to do it.

The Great One

As one of the Black Aces success stories (it's me - Rick Roos, writer of the weekly "Holding Court" column), I strongly encourage folks to throw their hats into the ring for this.

Being a weekly columnist is hard work, but there are countless rewards, not the least of which is you learn something all the time, whether in doing your research or via the feedback you receive from the DobberHockey community. Plus, you stay so much sharper during the year because you're always focused on everything that's happening.

Do yourself a favor and give it a shot.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Here's a list of graduated Black Aces :

Tim Lucarelli – DobberProspects, prev. Eastern Edge (2011-12)
    Brendan Ross – Managing Editor of DobberProspects
    Gates Imbeau - Assistant Manager of Dobber Sports, prev. Top 100 Roto (2011-13)
    Steve Laidlaw – Cage Match, Associate Editor of DobberHockey
    Eric Daoust – Capped, DobberProspects, prev. Fantrax Quick Hits (2012-13)
    Ryan Goddard – prev. Capped, prev. DobberProspects (2011-12)
    Tim Graveline – DobberProspects
    Miika Arponen – prev. DobberProspects (2011-13)
    Mac Vincent – DobberBaseball, Forum Manager
    Michael Amato – Wild West, Associate Editor of DobberHockey
    Brandon Landry – prev. IR, prev. Fantrax Quick Hits (2011-12)
    Rick Roos – Holding Court
    Peter Harling – prev. IR Report (2011-12)
    Yas Guthe – prev. DobberProspects (2011-12)
    Evan Hotham – prev. DobberProspects (2011-12)
    Bob Fisher – A look Ahead

Is it worth it? Hell yes!
    Last edited by GMGates; July 22, 2013 at 8:00 PM.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates