Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman Trial Verdict

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    What I'm seeing A LOT online from people who are defending Zimmerman or the verdict, it's that he was just defending himself. He had a history of false reports (40+ or something), of racial profiling, had been told several times by actual police to stop his bullshit and he still kept doing it. He should not have been armed in the first place because he clearly had paranoid delusions. No, he was NOT a proper neighbourhood watch person, so stop using that as an argument.

I get the whole not guilty vs innocent issue, but like mcgoo says, Zimmerman should have gotten manslaughter AT THE VERY LEAST. The fact that Zimmerman killed Martin is beyond the shadow of a doubt. The fact that he followed Martin is beyond the shadow of a doubt. What cannot be proven is intent, hence manslaughter instead of murder.
    Wow I didn't know that about Zimmerman and the police. He is as guilty as Casey Anthony was and with the same results.

As for the 2nd degree murder vs manslaughter goes, yes the prosecution should have gone for manslaughter instead. It's just too hard to prove murder beyond any doubt with no witnesses.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    What are you trying to say here? You're bashing racism and then you come out with a comment like that?

I'm white and I think he should have went to jail. Most of my white friends think he should have went to jail too. Some of my black friends think he shouldn't go to jail.

But you say he didn't go to jail because the jury was all white? Ok. Get your head out of your ass. I find it incredibly offensive that you think every white American hates black people. Because that's what you seem to be implying there.

Comments and thoughts like that are the exact problem.
    What the **** are you talking about? Where in my post did I say EVERY white American hates black people? Don't put words into my mouth moron.

I am sorry you seem to lack the basic IQ or real world experience to understand my very simple point. The world is largely racist whether you believe it or not, and people tend to stick up for their own and give less credit to those different from them. Does it apply to everyone? Obviously not, but it does apply to most people. It's human nature and that's just how the world works.

Zimmerman may not be "white" but he looks close enough and has a white enough last name that a white jury is more likely to give him the benefit of the doubt over a black guy who seems to fit the stereotype.

Look at all the landmark wall street trials over the past few years. You have large firms like Goldman, JP Morgan, Sac Capital and a host of other whiteshoe firms getting off with a slap on the wrist because they have people in government and endlessly deep pockets yet they publicly hang a small time Indian hedge fund manager to make an example of him. You think that's a coincidence? Only in America baby.

I am not a racist, I am just realistic about how the world actually works and how people think and behave. If I ever find myself on death row I would take an Asian jury over a white or black one any day, and so would any of you.
    Last edited by blayze; July 14, 2013 at 6:12 PM.

Dobber Sports Monster

Haha. Once this thread was created it was destined to become a shit storm.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I agree but this isn't a black vs white thing going on here. Hispanics are faced with lots of racism as well.

Point is we can't say he got off because the victim was black...that's silly.
    as usual Ev you're a ****ing idiot...if you had ever lived outside of your sheltered little life in Ontario you'd recognize that white vs black racism isn't the only flavor that exists, especially in the melting pot that is FL. Forgive me a generalization (but to be fair, this thread is chalk full of them) but the only thing Blacks and Hispanics are united on in FL is their distaste for the white man, to a large degree they don't like each other at all. At best you could call it a tentative understanding. Hell even within the large Hispanic communities in FL there are conflicts...Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Mexicans, Colombians, Venezuelans...you realize when you live amongst these communities how stupid it is to lump them all into this singular category 'Hispanic' and assume they are all the same thing

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    What the **** are you talking about? Where in my post did I say EVERY white American hates black people? Don't put words into my mouth moron.

I am sorry you seem to lack the basic IQ or real world experience to understand my very simple point. The world is largely racist whether you believe it or not, and people tend to stick up for their own and give less credit to those different from them. Does it apply to everyone? Obviously not, but it does apply to most people. It's human nature and that's just how the world works.

Zimmerman may not be "white" but he looks close enough and has a white enough last name that a white jury is more likely to give him the benefit of the doubt over a black guy who seems to fit the stereotype.

Look at all the landmark wall street trials over the past few years. You have large firms like Goldman, JP Morgan, Sac Capital and a host of other whiteshoe firms getting off with a slap on the wrist because they have people in government and endlessly deep pockets yet they publicly hang a small time Indian hedge fund manager to make an example of him. You think that's a coincidence? Only in America baby.

I am not a racist, I am just realistic about how the world actually works and how people think and behave. If I ever find myself on death row I would take an Asian jury over a white or black one any day, and so would any of you.
    excellent post and well said!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    as usual Ev you're a ****ing idiot...if you had ever lived outside of your sheltered little life in Ontario you'd recognize that white vs black racism isn't the only flavor that exists, especially in the melting pot that is FL. Forgive me a generalization (but to be fair, this thread is chalk full of them) but the only thing Blacks and Hispanics are united on in FL is their distaste for the white man, to a large degree they don't like each other at all. At best you could call it a tentative understanding. Hell even within the large Hispanic communities in FL there are conflicts...Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Mexicans, Colombians, Venezuelans...you realize when you live amongst these communities how stupid it is to lump them all into this singular category 'Hispanic' and assume they are all the same thing
    I was only referring to blayze's comments about the white jury being out to protect the non-black guy.

But as usual, you stay classy.

Man some of you guys really need to seek some help if you can't go a couple of posts without insulting somebody or calling them a ****ing idiot. You're grown men yet you act like you're 14. I hope you don't have kids of your own because you must set an awful example for them.

There's no point in having any discussions on this site if you're going to call people ****ing idiots after they say something you disagree with.

Grow up, relax, or seek help.

Banned

I was only referring to blayze's comments about the white jury being out to protect the non-black guy.

But as usual, you stay classy.

Man some of you guys really need to seek some help if you can't go a couple of posts without insulting somebody or calling them a ****ing idiot. You're grown men yet you act like you're 14. I hope you don't have kids of your own because you must set an awful example for them.

There's no point in having any discussions on this site if you're going to call people ****ing idiots after they say something you disagree with.

Grow up, relax, or seek help.
    there's no other response to you Ev, your ignorance is so profound that it makes me positively cringe...no way in a zillion years this doesn't end in conviction if the victim is white

Dobber Sports Master

Not saying it's right, but I think a lot of people would think this way.
    Reminds me of a funny story.

Back when I lived in Toronto I used to play pick-up soccer in Centennial Park with a highschool kid from the apartment building next door. Anyway, we played every weekend and a few times in the week and always walked the same route home (down to crossing at the exact same point on the road).

So one day he says "Hey man let's cross over" half a mile before we usually crossed. I thought nothing about it and we crossed and walked on. About 10min later he says "I had to cross over, whenever I see a group of black guys like that I think gang and I don't want to risk it."

I hadn't really noticed the group or thought much about them but my buddy 'profiled' them from a block or two away.

Now guess which one of us is white and which one is black.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    excellent post and well said!

looks like mister mcgoo took blayze's ***** out of his mouth long enough to insult Big Ev.

great job guys, really spouting out tons of intelligence with your name calling and aggressive "i know everything" posts.

An opinion is an opinion. Don't try and tell Big Ev he is wrong. He can believe what he wants to believe. And I can believe what I want to believe when someone says "Zimmerman got off because the jury was white". I think that's a very stupid comment and totally wrong. It's such a stretch to say "they sympathize with him because he has a white last name". Get a clue guys. It's 2013. If you honestly think that he got off because the jury was white, you've lost all credibility whatsoever. He got off because they couldn't prove he did what he was being charged with. Key words: BEING CHARGED WITH.

if the victim was white do I think he would be in jail? No. Not with the evidence that was presented for those charges. You guys spend way too much time reading articles online yet you seem to have no clue how a court proceeding in America actually works. Do you know how a jury is selected? Do you know what's required to convict someone? Do you know anything?

The prosecution really ****ed this up, and if they focused on proving manslaughter the whole time, they probably would have gotten it.

Dobber Sports Monster

Take it easy boys. Opinions are fine, but damn relax on the insults.

The whole thing is just wrong. Zimmerman didn't listen to what he was told, which was to stay in the car , not follow him. He didn't listen, which led to a 17-year old getting killed. No one wins this thing. Zimmerman may of gotten off, but he's got a full life to live and he knows if he is guilty or not. The court did it's thing, right or wrong.

In my eyes, the entire thing falls on Zimmerman for not listening and basically taking the law into his own hands - so he thought. Martin wasn't apparently doing anything wrong other than walking home, Zimmerman felt otherwise, he acted out on that, against what he was instructed to do which was not to follow.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Reminds me of a funny story.

Back when I lived in Toronto I used to play pick-up soccer in Centennial Park with a highschool kid from the apartment building next door. Anyway, we played every weekend and a few times in the week and always walked the same route home (down to crossing at the exact same point on the road).

So one day he says "Hey man let's cross over" half a mile before we usually crossed. I thought nothing about it and we crossed and walked on. About 10min later he says "I had to cross over, whenever I see a group of black guys like that I think gang and I don't want to risk it."

I hadn't really noticed the group or thought much about them but my buddy 'profiled' them from a block or two away.

Now guess which one of us is white and which one is black.
    you're the white boy, of that there is no doubt

there's a fantastic musical here on Broadway called "Avenue Q" that is basically a twisted R-rated version of Sesame Street featuring foul mouthed (but hilarious) puppets. They perform a song entitled Everyone's a little bit racist sometimes that really cuts to the meat of the issue. We're all racist to some degree, we all make snap judgments on people without a second thought, it's a tough pattern to break out of. I've decided that it's not race that I give a damn about, it's ignorance and stupidity and hate. Poor blacks, white trash, elitists living in gated communities it doesn't matter, you see the same pattern of behavior that is despicable and I despise them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    looks like mister mcgoo took blayze's ***** out of his mouth long enough to insult Big Ev.

great job guys, really spouting out tons of intelligence with your name calling and aggressive "i know everything" posts.

An opinion is an opinion. Don't try and tell Big Ev he is wrong. He can believe what he wants to believe. And I can believe what I want to believe when someone says "Zimmerman got off because the jury was white". I think that's a very stupid comment and totally wrong. It's such a stretch to say "they sympathize with him because he has a white last name". Get a clue guys. It's 2013. If you honestly think that he got off because the jury was white, you've lost all credibility whatsoever. He got off because they couldn't prove he did what he was being charged with. Key words: BEING CHARGED WITH.

if the victim was white do I think he would be in jail? No. Not with the evidence that was presented for those charges. You guys spend way too much time reading articles online yet you seem to have no clue how a court proceeding in America actually works. Do you know how a jury is selected? Do you know what's required to convict someone? Do you know anything?

The prosecution really ****ed this up, and if they focused on proving manslaughter the whole time, they probably would have gotten it.
    so where do you live a$$hole? I really wanna hear this? Or are you just Ev's moron alter-ego?

Dobber Sports Ace

And as the masses are once again distracted by the Cabal controlled Mass Media and the "Zimmerman" trial. Here's what's going on behind the curtains...

http://divinecosmos.com/start-here/d...anny-free-fall
    24 Team Dynasty, H2H , NHL Salaries & Cap 94M$.
    3C , 3R , 3L, 4D, 1SKT, 2G , 4B , 5Farm
    G,A,SPT,HT,BLK,SHOTS,FOW... W,SV,SV%,GAA

C: E.Kuznetsov. B.Neilson, B.Hayton
    LW: J.Huberdeau, J.Kyrou, D.Heinen
    RW: J.Virtanen, V.Hinostraza, E.Tolvanen
    D: C.Makar, T.Chabot, M.Dumba, M.Matheson,
    SKT:C.Sissons
    G: B.Bishop, A.Raanta
    B: A.Anisimov, C.Fischer, T.Pitlick, A.Martinez, N.Zaitsev
    Farm: V.Kravtsov, J.Gauthier, R.Lavoie, I.Konovalov, M.Berdin

2021 picks: 2/1'st , 3/2nd's

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 5hole View Post
    And as the masses are once again distracted by the Cabal controlled Mass Media and the "Zimmerman" trial. Here's what's going on behind the curtains...

http://divinecosmos.com/start-here/d...anny-free-fall
    My brain wants to kill itself after I read some of that shit. What subreddit did you find that on?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    My brain wants to kill itself after I read some of that shit. What subreddit did you find that on?
    Ya, the Brain/EGO dosn't do well with the truth as the Matrix programing goes into overdrive!

Most people who encounter this kind of information will deny and ridicule it completely, in order to feel more comfortable in their daily lives.

The truth has always been available -- at least most of it. The real test, from a psychological standpoint, has been whether you can handle the truth.

Now, we have finally reached a tipping point -- where the truth is openly and commonly known, whether you can handle it or not.

This, of course, can be psychologically overwhelming.
    Last edited by 5hole; July 14, 2013 at 7:08 PM.
    24 Team Dynasty, H2H , NHL Salaries & Cap 94M$.
    3C , 3R , 3L, 4D, 1SKT, 2G , 4B , 5Farm
    G,A,SPT,HT,BLK,SHOTS,FOW... W,SV,SV%,GAA

C: E.Kuznetsov. B.Neilson, B.Hayton
    LW: J.Huberdeau, J.Kyrou, D.Heinen
    RW: J.Virtanen, V.Hinostraza, E.Tolvanen
    D: C.Makar, T.Chabot, M.Dumba, M.Matheson,
    SKT:C.Sissons
    G: B.Bishop, A.Raanta
    B: A.Anisimov, C.Fischer, T.Pitlick, A.Martinez, N.Zaitsev
    Farm: V.Kravtsov, J.Gauthier, R.Lavoie, I.Konovalov, M.Berdin

2021 picks: 2/1'st , 3/2nd's