Thread: Traded up for MacKinnon

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Traded up for MacKinnon

League in sig...just pulled the trigger on a deal that sent my #2 prospect draft pick + Ceci for the #1 pick. Only 2013-drafted players are eligible.

I want MacKinnon, Gut feeling + I think he'll be better than Drouin in our format. Also, part of the decision was based on this article:

http://www.coppernblue.com/2013/6/4/...on-comparables

"Drouin outscored MacKinnon in 2012-13, but he doesn't have the same year-over-year stability, and some of Drouin's success in 2012-13 looks like it's coming from an unsustainable shooting percentage, which spooks me just a touch. MacKinnon generated 4.62 shots per game in 2012-13 and 3.79 in 2011-12, both of which are ahead of Drouin's 2012-13 total of 3.52 (and well ahead of his 2011-12 total of 2.52). Drouin's 22.8% shooting percentage in 2012-13 is awfully high, and much higher than the 12.7% he shot in 2011-12. MacKinnon, by contrast, is once again much more consistent, shooting 15.2% in 2012-13 and 15.5% in 2011-12."

Copper and Blue's Comparables series is excellent.
    10 team roto, Keep 17 + 50 farmers (Farm GP limits 246 F, 328 D and 200 G). Dress 9F 5D 1Ut 2G (G, A, D-pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA)

F- Tavares Bergeron Simmonds Kucherov Radulov Skinner JVR Brown R. Smith Perron Kesler
    D- Doughty Josi Giordano Suter Muzzin Boroweicki
    G- Dubnyk Murray Smith
    Farm highlights: Abramov, Chlapik, Cirelli, Kunin, Mantha, McCarron, Perlini, Johnsson, Zykov, Ritchie, Honka, Kylington, Sorokin, C. Point, Dansk

Dobber Sports Ace

Think Ceci will take a few years to be productive for the Sens, so to get the guy you want it's a small price to pay.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah not much to say about the deal - you really didn't give away buckets to get MacKinnon. We shall see who plays out the best - you think it's the guy you got, so done!!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Based on your signature, your league doesn't differentiate between F positions, so this deal makes more sense than it might in leagues that have a separate category for wingers. A lot of Drouin's value in my mind comes from the fact that high-end wingers are tough to find. If an F is an F, then yeah, taking the less risky of the two makes sense.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I wouldn't stress out too much using Ceci to get the player you want. You've got some pretty good defensemen in your pipeline anyway.