Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: draft keeper help - first yr

The Magnificent One

Default draft keeper help - first yr

yeah i was ghoing for kovi and he took him the pick before me so i went with phaneuf instead
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Star

Hahaha, I was clearly not being serious, just didn\'t want to name who I thought it was, in case it was who I thought it was and than i woulda ruined it for newper
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

The Magnificent One

yeah we know and no worries anyone in my league will kow who it is. one already guessed it and messaged me with it lol.
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Giant

newper114 wrote:
    Chicleteur

are you in this league?
    Like Crazy pointed out no, I\'m not.

Dobber Sports Giant

newper114 wrote:
    yeah we know and no worries anyone in my league will kow who it is. one already guessed it and messaged me with it lol.
    Oups... Hope you\'ll still be able to grab him!

Dobber Sports Novice

wow i didnt even no i was in this league untill i read this thread haha. Nice picks guys by the way im the Ducks in that league. What do you guys think i should get next i was thinking of picking up a assist guy with my next pick. This is how my team looks so far.

G-Nabby-1st pick
    G-Fleury-2nd pick
    F-Rads-3rd pick
    F-Kopitar-4th pick
    Comish 30 team Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV($1k cap)
    LW-Kovy,Eriksson
    C-Kopitar,H.Sedin
    RW-St.Louis,Setoguchi
    D-Timonen,Bogosian,Sekera,Spacek
    G-Rask,C.Mason

Dobber Sports Star

Great looking back end in Nabby and Fleury. Should keep you near the top of your league.

I\'d be looking for a LW if I were you, unless you can find a young D-man that will contribute to your club. I still think LW would be my main priority, unless of course there\'s a very talented C/RW you can\'t just pass up on.
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Padawan

mapletreemarty wrote:
    I think your team is shaping up very nicely not only now, but for the future as well. I would\'ve maybe not taken Richards at #30, would\'ve focused more on the wings, but he does bring a complete game fantasy wise (PIM, +/-, SHP) that cannot be overlooked!!
    I had the same dilemma in my draft, watched richards play quite a bit this year and although he\'s not gonna be a 90+ pt guy he has ppg (and selke award) potential and I think he will be a perennial multi-cat stud. He also looked good as PP QB this year and especially in the playoffs so I rolled the dice, picking him 41st overall. Although in my league we have 4 util spots so picking centers over wingers is easier to do, plus I\'m in a cap league and its nice to know he wont be getting a raise until 2020!
    Dynasty - $100/yr buy-in - YEAR 8 - $100M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C - Crosby, Malkin, Getzlaf
    LW - Pavelski, Domi
    RW - Seguin, Perry
    D - Letang, OEL, Carlson, Hamilton, J. Schultz
    Util - M. Koivu, Aho, Spooner, Atkinson
    G - Rask, Quick

BENCH
    Brassard, Bjugstad, Jagr, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Buchnevich, Ekblad, Beaulieu, Severson, Lundqvist
    PROSPECT
    Puljujarvi, Boeser, Barzal, Dal Colle, Fiala, Sergachev, Lindell

FOUR TIME DEFENDING CHAMPION

Dobber Sports Giant

mapletreemarty wrote:
    Great looking back end in Nabby and Fleury. Should keep you near the top of your league.

I\'d be looking for a LW if I were you, unless you can find a young D-man that will contribute to your club. I still think LW would be my main priority, unless of course there\'s a very talented C/RW you can\'t just pass up on.
    One more vote for the LW. You really need to grab one upper tier LW before moving on.

The Magnificent One

babalu69 wrote:
    wow i didnt even no i was in this league untill i read this thread haha. Nice picks guys by the way im the Ducks in that league. What do you guys think i should get next i was thinking of picking up a assist guy with my next pick. This is how my team looks so far.

G-Nabby-1st pick
    G-Fleury-2nd pick
    F-Rads-3rd pick
    F-Kopitar-4th pick

hey yeah i was shocked rads went so early i was thinking i could have gotten him easliy in the 8th round that pick to me was the most shocking. and you took fleury also early. but yeah i like your team alot.

Dobber Sports Star

I don\'t think Fleury or Rads are that shocking. Maybe Rads as high as the third round. Fleury in the 2nd is no surprise he\'s going to be on a team that\'s going to contend for the Eastern Conf. title every year, and those Wins are going to add up quickly.

As for Rads.... a little early... yes perhaps, however I don\'t see him sticking around until the 8th round...he seems more of a 4th/5th round selection in a 12 team league. But than again... if there\'s someone you really want you don\'t always have the luxury of saying you can wait until next round to grab them, cuz usually the guy before you ends up snatching them up haha :silly:
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

The Magnificent One

yeah i was just waiting on rads because of his situation. his coach is not in favor of him and only gets like 14mins a game. he should be getting 22mins

Dobber Sports Master

A goalie tandem of Nabby and Fleury is sick in a 12 GM league. Fleury is not the goalie of old who I would not touch with a 10 foot pole at the start of the season in a league that included SV% and GAA. He has been amazing since is return and both goalies are top 7 goalies with the likes of Luongo, Lundy, Price, Kipper and Brodeur. You win pools from the goalie out.

There is no way Rads goes in the 8th rd especially if most ppl in the pool read dobber. I\'m surprised he didn\'t go in the first 2 rounds. I wouldnt take him that early but a good percentage of dobber readers would.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Giant

I\'m a Radulover myself, but I considered him as a 60-70th pick last year and probably around the same this year.

Dobber Sports Guru

wow, i take the weekend off and i miss all these great threads.

thought i\'d share some comments about how the draft is going...

first off, i want to say that babalu went and f*%&ed with my whole strategy. i was already designing the lundy-fleury avatar. so okay, not the end of the world... for this league i was set on building out from the back (partly since i\'ve never done it before and wanted to see how it would work) and so phaneuf was my next guy. i say to myself, \"well pal, surely i can trade from pick 17 down to 20 and still get my boy dion\". and then freaking newper goes and crushes me. i thought this was a sure sign of an oncoming dman rush, as crazynuck\'s top 24 prediction seemed to be coming true. i admit it, i panicked, and am now the proud owner of the calgary boy, mike green.

I thought rads was a little early too, but it was a great pick. i\'m all about drafting for peak production in keepers, even if thats a few years off. you\'ll always find people who will buy into the hype if you decide later to trade.

there have been a few other surprises too.

the stamkos prospect pick traded for a 2nd rounder? as many of us discussed before, that seems a little strong. but get this, the incoming manager taking over the team that got Thornton at #3, he goes and trades Jumbo Joe for Mikey Ribeiro and an insignificant prospect pick!?! I hope he read my write-up on Joe Colborne, cuz thats whose gonna be around for him.

already, there are a few teams who look real strong. the #4 team, who i suspect may be richardparknation or hockeylifer, lucked out with malkin and has added getzlaf, miller, and perry to form a real nice core. chronoX\'s team is also looking pretty sick... Luongo-Kovy-Gaborik-Jokinen. he\'s definitely taken advantage of those of us who are drafting youth. another guy has heatley and hossa as his two top RWs... just sick. i\'ll probably spend the rest of the season trying to convince him to trade me one of those guys.

as mentioned before, datsyuk went top 12, which really surprised me. i love him, and he\'s an awesome player, but the lady byng champ top 12 in a league with PIMs and G categories?

i am expecting the d rush to come at any time now. can you imagine if sergei gonchar falling to the 5th round?

PS. getting young Nick Backstrom in the 3rd round may be a little early, but it was 3 in the AM and i was hammered out of my tree, so i\'m quite lucky it wasn\'t worse!!