Thread: Should I try to acquire HanRam?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Should I try to acquire HanRam?

10 team H2H. 5 year keeper. KEEP FIVE. Currently in 6th place, and not concerned about winning this year. I've already traded a few legit players for picks.
    Batting Categories: R, HR, RBI, AVG, OPS, SB
    Pitching Categories: W, K, SV, HLD, ERA, WHIP

My team:
    C: Mauer
    1B: Encarnacion (3B)
    2B: Kipnis
    3B: Trumbo (1B, OF)
    SS: Peralta
    OF: Dunn, Willingham, Nava
    Util: Marte, Puig, Holliday
    DL: Kemp

SP: Kershaw, Cain, E. Santana, Maholm, Masterson, Liriano, Cingrani, Wood, CJ Wilson
    RP: Scheppers, Burton, O'Day, David Hernandez, Robertson

I've given up on SVs, as you can see.

I've been offered HanRam for Holliday. I feel like in the long run, HanRam is the better player to own, given his positional eligibility (3B, SS) and his five tools. So this is a deal I want to make, but only if I end up keeping HanRam. Otherwise, I'd rather own Holliday for this season.

So my question is: would you keep HanRam over any of these other guys? I get to keep 5. I'm guessing that Kershaw, Encarnacion, and Kemp are automatically 3/5. I'm undecided on who else I'll keep.

Thanks guys!

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would probably do it. Peralta as your starting SS is scary. Dude's on fire right now but that will not last and his career numbers are not great, to be polite. Holliday seems to be falling apart at the seams as well. His power and average keep dropping, year by year. But even if you think Holliday>HanRam otherwise, 3B/SS is a lot harder to get than OF.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    I would probably do it. Peralta as your starting SS is scary. Dude's on fire right now but that will not last and his career numbers are not great, to be polite. Holliday seems to be falling apart at the seams as well. His power and average keep dropping, year by year. But even if you think Holliday>HanRam otherwise, 3B/SS is a lot harder to get than OF.
    Thanks for the response. Repped.

In any event, I thought I could get a little more out of him. He offered me HanRam + Todd Frazier for Holliday. I countered with HanRam + 5th rounder for Holliday + 15th rounder. Thought he might bite, or at least send me a counter involving picks. He ended up dealing HanRam to another manager... for Chase Headley...