• Boston in 6

20 28.57%
  • Boston in 7

10 14.29%
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Final. (1)Chicago Blackhawks vs (4)Boston Bruins

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    LOL Zorro, the Hawks are determined as well. Don't make it this far if not determined
    You know what I mean... I can obviously point out all their strengths. But what I was really trying to say was, the hawks definitely have more "scoring" skillz then the B's.. More fire power..

Going to be a good series.. Two great teams..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Actually its the furthest thing from hate if you actually know me Guvnah, feel free to do some research.. I respect the Hawks for making it this far and for being such a great team.. I also respect the Penguins, but wasn't wrong when I pointed out their bottom 3-4 d-men.. I have seen alot of Oduya play live, so I know my stuff when it comes to his game..

Its funny how everyone keeps bringing up that the Bruins were minutes away from losing to the Leafs, ok, and?? So what should happen now?? Hey, not that it matters, but the Hawks were 60 minutes away from losing to the Red Wings.

I have a lot of close frineds who are hawks fans and I am happy for them. But doesn't mean I should like them in this series against the Bruins.
    A top 4 of Keith, Seabrook, Oduya, Hjalmarsson is much better than the Pens top 4 Dmen, especially on the defensive side.

The Hawks' offensively are similar to the Leafs, great combination of skill with some grit, and are much faster than the Pens and Rangers.

I love the Bruins depth and overall this is a great match-up, where both teams are facing the opponent that truly will give them the biggest test in terms of playing styles.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    A top 4 of Keith, Seabrook, Oduya, Hjalmarsson is much better than the Pens top 4 Dmen, especially on the defensive side.

The Hawks' offensively are similar to the Leafs, great combination of skill with some grit, and are much faster than the Pens and Rangers.

I love the Bruins depth and overall this is a great match-up, where both teams are facing the opponent that truly will give them the biggest test in terms of playing styles.
    I would not say our offense is similar to the Leafs at all.

Toews
    Kane
    Hossa
    Sharp
    Saad

Leafs have no where near that firepower.

I know this thread isn't about all that, but I had to point this out haha.

Back to topic.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    I would not say our offense is similar to the Leafs at all.

Toews
    Kane
    Hossa
    Sharp
    Saad

Leafs have no where near that firepower.

I know this thread isn't about all that, but I had to point this out haha.

Back to topic.
    No arguing Chicago's deep talent pool.

The point was more about offensive styles, rather than depth in firepower. Leafs play a quick transition game, they are creative, and attack, which the Bruins struggled with.

Rangers are more of a dump and chase team, which the B's handled easily.

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post

Just my opinion here:

I have seen Oduya(including this playoffs) give the puck away alot.. He sometimes seems to have brain cramps and does some very silly things with the puck. Rosival just doesn't seem to be a good fit, he looks to shaky back their.. And Leddy, well, he's only getting 10 mintues a game, so won't see much of him anyway.. But when he is out there, who knows what can happen..

I can't wait for this to start.. I think every game is going to be close.. But I do believe the Bruins will win.. I wouldn't bet my house on it, but I have to love my team..

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think this series will be fantastic, rough, and full of drama, making up for the quick and lopsided conference final round. Goaltending wins championships, and Rask is the far superior goalie, and is playing other-worldy right now. He will be the deciding factor in the series that goes the distance, Bruins in 7.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Pro

Boston. Simply because my friend is a huge Bruins fan and he has won everything he has taken part of this calendar year. Otherwise, I have no clue

Hopefully it will be a very entertaining, long series!

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Pro

i wonder if the Hawks are bringing in a shrink to talk to the guys?

"ok team we know in the last series the 2 best players in the world got shutout and didn't score a point in 4 games for the first since forever but that's no reason to let it get in your head"

Hawks need to score in the first period of the first game to help with their Mo, Kane's confidence should be super high.

I am hoping for a 7 game series where they beat the crap out of each other
    no idea who is going to win but both teams have hot goalies and are firing on all cylinders so it should be entertaining!

who is Marchand gonna hound?
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    i wonder if the Hawks are bringing in a shrink to talk to the guys?

"ok team we know in the last series the 2 best players in the world got shutout and didn't score a point in 4 games for the first since forever but that's no reason to let it get in your head"

Hawks need to score in the first period of the first game to help with their Mo, Kane's confidence should be super high.

I am hoping for a 7 game series where they beat the crap out of each other
    no idea who is going to win but both teams have hot goalies and are firing on all cylinders so it should be entertaining!

who is Marchand gonna hound?
    Marchand and Kane will be able to look each other in the eye, because they are both midgets.. I think those two will have a good battle throughout the series..

Dobber Sports Pro

Marchand and Kane will be able to look each other in the eye, because they are both midgets.. I think those two will have a good battle throughout the series..
    good call, that should be good
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin

Dobber Sports Immortal

Im sure this has been mentioned but couldn't they haev done Tues-Thurs-Saturday????

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Im sure this has been mentioned but couldn't they haev done Tues-Thurs-Saturday????
    I have a wedding to attend on Saturday, so they moved the game to Sunday for me!!

Dobber Sports Initiate

I have a wedding to attend on Saturday, so they moved the game to Sunday for me!!
    Apparently you don't have as much pull with Gary as you might think and somebody is going to really miss you when you phone them to say that you have very contagious illness that is keeping you from making it to the wedding Saturday.

Games are Wed-Sat-Mon-Wed-*Sat-*Mon-*Wed (*if necessary)
    GO BRUINS

20 team Keeper - Protect 10
    Dress weekly 8 Fwds 4 D-men 1 Goalie
    Fwds 1pt - gl 1pt - asst
    Dmen 2pt - gl 1pt - asst FWDS & D-Men 1pt PPG / SHG / OTG
    Goalies 3pts-win 2pts-shutout

Quote Originally Posted by BDog View Post
    Apparently you don't have as much pull with Gary as you might think and somebody is going to really miss you when you phone them to say that you have very contagious illness that is keeping you from making it to the wedding Saturday.

Games are Wed-Sat-Mon-Wed-*Sat-*Mon-*Wed (*if necessary)
    HAHAHAHA, oh darn.. Ohwell, I will somehow sneak out to the bar(club house) as the wedding is being held at a golf course..

The NHL sure knows how to spread the games out..

Dobber Sports Icon

Can't wait for tonight. I'm picking my Bs of course but either way I'm stoked for this series.

I think Boston has a better shot at winning against Chicago than they would have had against LA. Chicago is the better team but LA's style would have worn the Bruins down more.

Chicago is a very skilled team and they need to use that to their advantage. Guys like Kane and Toews can't get frustrated the way Crosby and Malkin did. If they fall into that trap, then this could be a short series.

On a personal note, if this series goes 7 games, I may shoot myself. I have to throw my buddy a bachelor party on the 26th. I'm best man so I can't get out of it. He's not a hockey fan either so it's not like I can somehow work watching the game into it. Maybe I can just get strippers to come to the hotel room and I will sneak off to watch the game while everyone else is distracted.