Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: XBOX One vs. PS4

The Great One

Precursor to my ignorance.....My three latest systems were....
    (Normal) Playstation.....Playstation 1?
    Super Nintendo (which is still my favourite)
    Sega Genesis

So let me get this straight.....The new XBox system won't let you share games? If I buy a game I can't play it on my friends Xbox?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Well, not only is it region locked, it flat out will not work unless you're in one of the 21 pre-approved countries. Places like Poland that have BIG gaming populations will not get the Xbone at launch. Even if a Polish guy buys it in Germany, it will not work anyway because of... reasons? It's stupid.
    Thanks for keeping me, and us, up to date on that. Such a restriction seems unbearably stupid, as if to indicate they don't want to sell it.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Legend

I am an XBOX fan because I've found their graphics to be a little more my cup of tea. I own 1 game though - NHL13. Each year I trade in my used NHL game and purchase the new one. I own the console for ONE game only. That said, I am old school with it - I don't have XBOX Live (because it is a major annoyance) and I still play NHL on classic controls. I was planning on buying the new XBOX / Playstation based on which console NHL14 looked better on. I know for NHL13 it looks slightly better on XBOX 360 (the NHL series has for a few years now IMO). That said, if XBOX is going to make this a huge challenge for me, I have ZERO problem jumping ship to Sony.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Icon

Another Xbox user here who will be making the switch to PS4. That being said, I will probably be waiting a year before I do. Much like fungchen3 I predominantly use my system for the NHL games. However I am also a fan of the Fallout series and Fable. Unfortunately I did not even play the last Fable anyway as it was a Kinect game and I won't miss it that much by making the switch to Sony.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Demi-God

This is great...
    If we can get the whole Dobber community on PS4... what fun NHL14 leagues we could have?! Always seemed in the past like there were 6 or 7 people on each system and not enough to form the first official online league.

Maybe this year?!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    This is great...
    If we can get the whole Dobber community on PS4... what fun NHL14 leagues we could have?! Always seemed in the past like there were 6 or 7 people on each system and not enough to form the first official online league.

Maybe this year?!
    If I do get the PS4 (which I might eventually - depends on how interesting that backwards streaming service will be, as PlayStation has one hell of a back catalog of my favorite genre - jRPG's), I'll actually be able to play the NHL games again (haven't since they made the decision to stop the PC versions).

It would be nicer if a lot of people are on the one same console instead of split on a pair of them.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    This is great...

Maybe this year?!
    That's a great point! I was in a pretty fun league with some of the guys on here....but if we could double the amount of players? Wow.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The thing is, unless you have loads of disposable income, you don't want to buy a new console on release. The games are often middling, the library is pitiful and the price is at the absolute maximum. Back when the PS3 was released they were sold in bundles for like €750 over here. Fast forward just six months and the prices started going down, but just by a bit.

I will probably get a PS4, but it certainly won't be on release. Just not worth it. POWER PC!!!
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Legend

The thing is, unless you have loads of disposable income, you don't want to buy a new console on release. The games are often middling, the library is pitiful and the price is at the absolute maximum. Back when the PS3 was released they were sold in bundles for like €750 over here. Fast forward just six months and the prices started going down, but just by a bit.

I will probably get a PS4, but it certainly won't be on release. Just not worth it. POWER PC!!!
    Besides, the NHL title is never timed for immediate release which bugs me. When the hockey drops, I'll drop my scratch on a new console. If EA's hockey department can match the visuals of their NBA/NFL brethren the game will be off the rails. Sick graphics on those two.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I've never cared about the graphics in NHL games, to be honest. It's always been about gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. I've had issues with the gameplay in 12 and 13, especially the lagging passing system. 11 was MUCH more responsive with that IMO. It's like there's always some improvement gameplay-wise, but at the same time something else gets worse. Better physics system in 12, worse passing. Better skating system in 13, ridiculously unrealistic goalies. Etc.

I'll take a couple of matches in NHL 94 on Super Nintendo over NHL 13. I bought it, played it for a while and then I haven't touched it in months, which is a shame. I played 11 like mad.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Genius

I get what you're saying, and to some degree I agree with you. The initial exclusives that come out on new systems are often mediocre (but there are almost always a couple stellar releases, too), and certainly in Europe, the prices on systems and games are outrageously expensive and difficult to swallow.

That said, there is absolutely reason to upgrade in a lot of instances. One of my favourite games to play is Battlefield, and the difference between the current and next generations will be massive. On the PS3 and 360 we're looking at 24 players, 30fps, lesser graphics and quite possibly less destructibility in the maps. Compare that with 64 players at 60fps, and better models, shading and lighting. The discrepancy between the two experiences will be huge.

PC is fine, if that's your thing, but I much prefer the console experience.

Banned

Got my PS3 at $600 when it was launched, and I was just a stupid high school kid. Kinda regret it but not really. Used it for movies more than gaming though.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...-game-policies

Complete backpedal job for Microsoft right now. Damage control to the max. No more DRM, no more 24 hour online requirements. It'll work exactly like it does on the 360. They only require you to be online the first time you start the console.

Doesn't matter to me anyway. They already told the world they want to **** over consumers. Now they're just scared. They saw the 8-to-1 ratio of pre-orders in favor of the PS4 and got really scared.

There is still the price difference of $100/€100, better indie support on PS4, not having to pay for an online paywall in order to use your Netflix and other services, the fact that the Xbone only has 65% of the power of a PS4 and lastly the ever-seeing, ever-listening eye of Sauron (Kinect 2.0) on the Xbone.

Still an easy choice.

But I just love the fact that they made a complete backpedal on this. Owned.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Good link!
    Thanks.

Dobber Sports Genius

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...-game-policies

Complete backpedal job for Microsoft right now. Damage control to the max. No more DRM, no more 24 hour online requirements. It'll work exactly like it does on the 360. They only require you to be online the first time you start the console.

Doesn't matter to me anyway. They already told the world they want to **** over consumers. Now they're just scared. They saw the 8-to-1 ratio of pre-orders in favor of the PS4 and got really scared.

There is still the price difference of $100/€100, better indie support on PS4, not having to pay for an online paywall in order to use your Netflix and other services, the fact that the Xbone only has 65% of the power of a PS4 and lastly the ever-seeing, ever-listening eye of Sauron (Kinect 2.0) on the Xbone.

Still an easy choice.

But I just love the fact that they made a complete backpedal on this. Owned.
    Just read about this, too. This is bananas.

I won't lie; this makes things a little bit more interesting for me. I'm still on the PS4 train, but it's closer than it was now.

The price differential, Kinect, the power discrepancy and the fact that they tried to pull this crap on consumers all weigh heavily against MS in my eyes. That said, Xbox One has my most anticipated game (TF), they showed more true 'next-gen' games at E3 that interest me overall, I far prefer the feel of an Xbox controller to Playstation's (although the PS4's controller has some intriguing bits), and I trust MS to put together a solid online experience, while I have my reservations about Sony in that area.

I still plan to get a PS4, so far, but there is now a shred of a chance for MS to win me back.