Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Dobber Forums Mock Draft

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    but playing for a Kelowna franchise with a great history of developing NHL defensemen like Tyler Myers, Luke Schenn and Tyson Barrie....
    Whenever I hear 'Kelowna' and 'defender' I think of Shea Weber....

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Whenever I hear 'Kelowna' and 'defender' I think of Shea Weber....
    Yeah, I knew I was missing someone but couldn't think of him off the top of my head for some reason. Hell, I almost mentioned Kyle Cumiskey.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    The 2013 Stanley Cup Champions are proud to select from the Seattle Thunderbirds of the WHL defenseman Shea Theodore.
    Say what?? The Bruins traded their first rounder to Dallas.. Get your facts straight here Shake..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Say what?? The Bruins traded their first rounder to Dallas.. Get your facts straight here Shake..
    hahahaha

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

WIth the 31st pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, the Florida Panthers are proud to select from Sweden - Andre Burakovsky.

At the press conference Dale Tallon introduces both Mackinnon and Burakovsky as 2/3rds of Florida's future #1 line. Both young men break out in smiles as an unexpected visit from Jonathan Huberdeau at the conference with their named jerseys gives them their first glimpse of their linemate for the next decade in Florida.

"Our guys were pumped when Andre was still there at 31, we think he's the best value pick in the draft. The guy is a dynamic sniper with top notch speed. He's able to beat his man on the rush in transition, he's able to get his shot off in the slot while crowded - the kid can score goals in a number of ways."

"This is the future" exclaims Tallon while posing with Huberdeau, Mackinnon and Burakovsky for a picture. "These guys are gamebreakers".

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Bronz View Post
    WIth the 31st pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, the Florida Panthers are proud to select from Sweden - Andre Burakovsky.

At the press conference Dale Tallon introduces both Mackinnon and Burakovsky as 2/3rds of Florida's future #1 line. Both young men break out in smiles as an unexpected visit from Jonathan Huberdeau at the conference with their named jerseys gives them their first glimpse of their linemate for the next decade in Florida.

"Our guys were pumped when Andre was still there at 31, we think he's the best value pick in the draft. The guy is a dynamic sniper with top notch speed. He's able to beat his man on the rush in transition, he's able to get his shot off in the slot while crowded - the kid can score goals in a number of ways."

"This is the future" exclaims Tallon while posing with Huberdeau, Mackinnon and Burakovsky for a picture. "These guys are gamebreakers".
    Hehe I felt like I was there when I was reading this!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Padawan

After spending the last 30 or so picks dreaming of making little girls cry and beating on Detroit goaltenders, Pat Roy approaches the podium, because he wants to.

Avec le trente-unieme choix dans la draft du League NAtional D'Hockey en New Jersey Vinght Mille Treize, L'avalanche de Colorado choisi, de Les Gatineaux Olympiques De La Ligue de hockey junior majeur du Québec: Emile Poirier - LW

http://youtu.be/pIBLICwkIQk

After taking Jones over a pair of talented offensive (not to mention franchise) forwards, there was a definite need to be addressed. As a 17 year old Poirier led his team with 70 points in 65 games, while also amassing 101 PIMs, good for third on the team. This combination of offensive touch and fiery compete/aggression, as well as the fact Poirier is from La Belle Province, had the 'lanche brass (well Roy at least) salivating at the fact he was available at this position.

http://video.jets.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=252291

The team had Klimchuk and Lehkonen shortlisted as well, but liked the grit Poirier would add to the team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFERYaJgFSg
    Last edited by Spec7ral; June 21, 2013 at 3:48 PM.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Bronz View Post

Great pick sir! I considered him when I took Morrissey. Kid has top 20 talent for sure, he's getting slept on a bit!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

With the 33rd overall pick, the Tampa Bay Lightning are proud to select from the Belleville Bulls of the Ontario Hockey League, defenseman Jordan Subban.

Montreal is on the clock, oh wait did we take your guy?
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    With the 33rd overall pick, the Tampa Bay Lightning are proud to select from the Belleville Bulls of the Ontario Hockey League, defenseman Jordan Subban.

Montreal is on the clock, oh wait did we take your guy?
    Wow... 33rd... .jordan would be happy to know that!! Nice pick, but a bit of a reach. He was my pick at #55!!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Wow... 33rd... .jordan would be happy to know that!! Nice pick, but a bit of a reach. He was my pick at #55!!

I was totally planning to pull a Burke-style "Is that the guy you want? We're going to take him" at #51.

Dobber Sports Expert

Le Club de Hockey Canadiens de Montreal est fier de selectionner : Des Sagueneens de Chicoutimi, Laurent Dauphin
    Last edited by yougo; June 23, 2013 at 3:06 PM.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I think whoever gets Subban in the second round will be very happy with him. It may have been a bit of a reach, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him go early in the second round.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Pro

I think whoever gets Subban in the second round will be very happy with him. It may have been a bit of a reach, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him go early in the second round.
    I think he's a 2nd round prospect as well, lots of guys have him down towards the 3rd or late 2nd but mid to early 2nd isn't too far wrong on where I would take him, depending on who is on the board of course.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Sage

I agree completely based on pedigree alone I would take him in the second. I would not be surprised if even went at the end of the first. He is going to be a really good hockey player. If the Leafs got him in the second I would be stoked.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.