Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Dobber Forums Mock Draft

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Winnipeg is on the clock!! I guess the whole clock thing doesn't work in this draft.. HAHAHA..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Sage

YaGary Bettman steps to the mic. "We have a trade to announce the Toronto Maple Leafs have traded James Reimer and there 2014 second rd pick to the Flyers for Sean Couturier. The Leafs would also like to announce the signing of Ilya Bryzgalov to a three year contract at 3mil per year". He was bought out by the Flyers.

Skip ahead one year to draft day. Gary Bettman steps to the mic " We have a trade to announce the Toronto Maple Leafs have traded reigning Conn Smyth winner Ilya Brygalov to the Flyers for James Reimer and the 1st overall pick as well as the Flyers next two first rd picks"

The Toronto Maple Leafs are pleased to select first overall in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft Sam Reinhart!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    YaGary Bettman steps to the mic. "We have a trade to announce the Toronto Maple Leafs have traded James Reimer and there 2014 second rd pick to the Flyers for Sean Couturier. The Leafs would also like to announce the signing of Ilya Bryzgalov to a three year contract at 3mil per year". He was bought out by the Flyers.

Skip ahead one year to draft day. Gary Bettman steps to the mic " We have a trade to announce the Toronto Maple Leafs have traded reigning Conn Smyth winner Ilya Brygalov to the Flyers for James Reimer and the 1st overall pick as well as the Flyers next two first rd picks"

The Toronto Maple Leafs are pleased to select first overall in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft Sam Reinhart!
    HAHAHA.. BBB, you are definitely in a dream world this evening.. Quick, somebody pinch him..

Dobber Sports Stud

The Jets have a prospects cupboard that is not bare but other than Scheifele and Trouba it is certainly lacking in potential game-breakers at any position. While the Jets have a deep blueline at the NHL level, with Trouba expected to make the jump to the NHL in the 2013-2014 season they will be relatively bare in terms of prospects at D. Essentially, they have need at every position, so they are very much in a position to take the best player available.

In terms of drafting tendencies, the Jets seem to be all over size recently. In 2012, all Jets draftees were 6'1" or taller with the exception of Kosmachuk.

There is also the fact that in the first round the Jets like to draft from the CHL almost exclusively. Before drafting Trouba in 2012 the last time that the Jets organization took a player in the first round that wasn't from the CHL was in 2002 (Kari Lehtonen).

There is a large group of players that could be considered at 13 in light of the above. They include Ristolainen, Domi, Wennberg, Lazar, Mantha, Erne, Zykov and Gauthier. The Jets are torn between Mantha and Gauthier but Chevy's guy is...

ANTHONY MANTHA.

At 6'4" he has a very impressive frame to work from and the hands to go with it (50 goals in 67 games). The concern with him is apparently between the ears (takes games off), but if they are patient with him he could be a 30/30 guy or even better in the NHL.

Your move, Kekalainen.

Dobber Sports Initiate

"With the 14th pick in the 2013 NHL Entry draft, the Columbus Blue Jackets are proud to select from TPS of the SM-liiga, defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen."

While this pick seems to fly in the face of Kekalainen's draft history with the St. Louis Blues, the opportunity for him to spend this pick on fellow countryman Ristolainen proved far too intriguing to pass on.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by maya has the knife View Post
    "With the 14th pick in the 2013 NHL Entry draft, the Columbus Blue Jackets are proud to select from TPS of the SM-liiga, defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen."

While this pick seems to fly in the face of Kekalainen's draft history with the St. Louis Blues, the opportunity for him to spend this pick on fellow countryman Ristolainen proved far too intriguing to pass on.

Magnificent pick!! Absolute steal at 14! 7th best player in the draft in my books and could be a lot better than that even!

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Lots of great picks so far, Zorro is up!
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Genius

Cool idea here, some of these write ups are hilarious!
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Magnificent pick!! Absolute steal at 14! 7th best player in the draft in my books and could be a lot better than that even!
    Im sick of your love for risto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha, were you hoping he fell to ur pick?

I think i know who you realistically want
    Last edited by Mr. Guru; June 13, 2013 at 2:34 AM.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Im sick of your love for risto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha, were you hoping he fell to ur pick?

I think i know who you realistically want
    I was hoping very badly that he fell to me but knew he wouldn't! My feeling about certain players on the Leafs are fairly well known, so I suspect you do know who I'm hoping to get at 21.

In reality I have a feeling the Leafs trade up in the real draft and pick Domi.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Pro

We've come to a stand still.. dissapointing to see really wanna make my pick soon!
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by dodospice View Post
    We've come to a stand still.. dissapointing to see really wanna make my pick soon!
    Zorro said because we waited so long to let him pick he was working 12 hours and we would have to wait awhile for em
    10 Team Roto League; 20 Keepers;
    Start 3C,3LW,3RW,1U,5D,2G

Stats: G,A,Pts,PPG,PPA,Pims,+/- W,Sv%,Sv
    C: Tavares Thorton H. Sedin
    LW: Moulson Clowe D. Sedin Whitney
    RW: Hossa Gaborik Pomminville Pavelski Purcell Heatley
    D: Bieska Boyle
    G: Smith Nabobov Bishop Lindback Ramo Luongo

12 teams 12 keepers
    Points Only

F: Spezza, Brown, Lecavalier, Horton, Elias, Weiss, Desharnais,
    D: Whitney, Zidlicky, Brodin
    G: Smith, Schnieder
    Farm: Justin Faulk, Ryan Ellis, Krill Kabanov

Garth Snow steps to the podium..........................................

"With the 15th pick in the 2013 NHL Entry draft, the New York Islanders are excited and proud to select from the London Knights of the OHL, Max Domi.."

The New York Islanders believe that building there team strong down the middle is the way to go.. They now have the trio of Tavares, Strome, and Domi for the future.. Even though the Islanders have alot of depth in their system at center, they couldn't pass up on Domi.. Domi is a lightning fast skater, has above average agility, and has one of the biggest hearts in junior hockey.. Max is an excellent playmaker and has a really high hockey IQ, he see's the game as good as anybody in this draft.. The team believes that Max Domi's drive and determination is what they need more of thoughout their entire organization..

The Great One

Zadorov, Horvat and Domi gone 15 picks in. Damn Knights!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The Sabres have seen several defenceman traded this year with the likes of Jordan Leopold, Robyn Regher, and TJ Brennan all leaving the Sabres. With Mark Pysyk and Brayden McNabb ready for promotion, the pipeline is very thin and reinforcements will be needed to bolster the blue line depth. However with nobody to trade with at this spot, no defenceman warranted a selection at this spot (However Josh Morrissey, Mirco Mueller and Samuel Morin were considered). The Sabres have 2 picks in the second round at 38 and 51 and should be able to pick some D at that spot.

With that in mind, with the 16th overall pick the Buffalo Sabres are proud to select, from The Quebec Remoarts of the QMJHL, Adam Erne.

Will write more info later this weekend with a picture. On the road and already had a lengthy write up about Domi that is now useless.
    Last edited by NikW71; June 14, 2013 at 12:43 AM.