Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames

The Great One

Default Re: Calgary Flames

How long before it becomes painfully obvious that Sutter is not able to coach effectively in the current NHL? Also, great story on The Athletic today about possible trade scenarios and which team says no - as reviewed by actual anonymous NHL GM. There was ONE trade that was seen as a good and acceptable trade...Johnny Gaudreau and a 2nd rd pick to the Flyers for Travis Konecny and a 5th...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm not blaming Sutter. This team is ripe with dead weight and overrated players. Gio is by far the worst captain I've seen on this team in years and I cannot wait until he's off the payroll. Monahan is softer than a fart, Gaudreau seems like his life will end if he has to shoot a puck, Tkachuk went from being a physical pest with offensive talent to basically invisible in one season and the list goes on. Literally no coach dead or alive could get anything out of this team. If Trey thinks there's even a slight chance we make the playoffs, he needs a psych evaluation because we are so far from a respectable team it's laughable!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Deity

Real classy move by a couple of the Flames players following last nights game. First Andersson tries to take the game puck at the end of the game before Brady Tkachuk comes after him for it, so he throws it towards his end, then Matthew Tkachuk shoots it down to the other end. I am sure if that was their goalie winning his first game in his first start, they'd be looking for the game puck too and be just as pissed if the other team did that to them.

No one likes a sore loser. Just bush league antics there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Real classy move by a couple of the Flames players following last nights game. First Andersson tries to take the game puck at the end of the game before Brady Tkachuk comes after him for it, so he throws it towards his end, then Matthew Tkachuk shoots it down to the other end. I am sure if that was their goalie winning his first game in his first start, they'd be looking for the game puck too and be just as pissed if the other team did that to them.

No one likes a sore loser. Just bush league antics there.
    That was so garbage. I don't get why any player would do that. The leadership on the team has let this happen I'd say. I can't see any team with good leadership letting a player do that to another team, like can you imagine what would happen in Tampa, Boston, or literally any other team in the NHL (outside of maybe Buffalo right now, they'd just be getting the puck because they wanna touch it for the first time that night).

The whole Calgary team is a bunch of kids who think they are good at hockey but won't accept reality. Tkachuk would easily be the most disliked player in the league if he played on a team that won. What he does is worse than Marchand now because he thinks he can fight. The modern NHL fight is who can get the first punch and turtle and he does whatever he can to get that first punch and then end the fight in a grapple or a "pull down".

Calgary needs an identity change, and they need to be taught how to be professionals again before they are taught how to win if they want prolonged success with a core.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    That was so garbage. I don't get why any player would do that. The leadership on the team has let this happen I'd say. I can't see any team with good leadership letting a player do that to another team, like can you imagine what would happen in Tampa, Boston, or literally any other team in the NHL (outside of maybe Buffalo right now, they'd just be getting the puck because they wanna touch it for the first time that night).

The whole Calgary team is a bunch of kids who think they are good at hockey but won't accept reality. Tkachuk would easily be the most disliked player in the league if he played on a team that won. What he does is worse than Marchand now because he thinks he can fight. The modern NHL fight is who can get the first punch and turtle and he does whatever he can to get that first punch and then end the fight in a grapple or a "pull down".

Calgary needs an identity change, and they need to be taught how to be professionals again before they are taught how to win if they want prolonged success with a core.
    Matthew "future captain" Tkachuk showing his leadership abilities. LOL!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

I mean....I think that could be chalked up to brotherly antics no? If it were any other teams then I am with you, but I'm sure Brady would have handed it over at family supper after the game.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I mean....I think that could be chalked up to brotherly antics no? If it were any other teams then I am with you, but I'm sure Brady would have handed it over at family supper after the game.
    Andersson isn't related to Brady, and he was the one who started it by picking up the puck and trying to skate off with it. It just happened to land near Matthew after Andersson got called out for trying to snipe it and threw it on the ice. Matthew then took the liberty to shoot it down the ice.

You can watch the video here.

https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/statu...74121643241473

Dobber Sports Immortal

Andersson isn't related to Brady, and he was the one who started it by picking up the puck and trying to skate off with it. It just happened to land near Matthew after Andersson got called out for trying to snipe it and threw it on the ice. Matthew then took the liberty to shoot it down the ice.

You can watch the video here.

https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/statu...74121643241473
    And that's why I shouldn't comment before watching!

Dobber Sports Titan

Ya I should say the Tkachuk thing last night, I'm sure isn't an issue between the brothers. However, it's a bunch of stuff like this that shows his character. There's points about "look how much he hates losing! I don't want people happy for another team!" but I've noticed that people who get those comments never truly win.

Dobber Sports Deity

Brady's no saint and if I remember correctly, he did something similar to Cayden Primeau back in the day. That doesn't make this any more right. It's just greasy.

Dobber Sports Titan

Brady's no saint and if I remember correctly, he did something similar to Cayden Primeau back in the day. That doesn't make this any more right. It's just greasy.
    https://www.bardown.com/tkachuk-expl...real-1.1412196

Players saying "I didn't know it was his first NHL win" is such BS.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    https://www.bardown.com/tkachuk-expl...real-1.1412196

Players saying "I didn't know it was his first NHL win" is such BS.
    I agree. Teams know who they are playing and the situation. Brady knew full well the kid was looking for his first NHL win. I didnt buy it then either. Doesn't excuse what Calgary did last night. It's not like it was payback or anything.

Dobber Sports Titan

I agree. Teams know who they are playing and the situation. Brady knew full well the kid was looking for his first NHL win. I didnt buy it then either. Doesn't excuse what Calgary did last night. It's not like it was payback or anything.
    Even if it was Matthew was playing keep away from Brady as a brotherly joke, to me it shows the lack of awareness that's happening at a larger picture by them.

Both are young, seems like Brady has been more of a leader to a young team in Ottawa. Again tho, don't understand why a player would steal a puck from a players first NHL win...especially when you play them next. I don't get it. I don't even get why a player who lost the game would want to steal the puck even if it wasn't a special puck/game.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Oilers fans talking about "class" lol. Every team in the league has sore losers and every team in the league pulls bushleague shit sometimes. Non-story, move on.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Oilers fans talking about "class" lol. Every team in the league has sore losers and every team in the league pulls bushleague shit sometimes. Non-story, move on.
    Yep Oilers fan calling out the classless Flames. If the shoe fits. Feel free to defend the Flames actions last night.