Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Parise or Stepan

Dobber Sports Wizard

Parise easily. Cheers.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Originally posted saying that I wouldn't even do Parise straight up for Stepan 1 on 1, let alone throwing in a prospect with the Parise side. But I saw you didn't include salary #s. So I deleted my post. A little tip for the future, include ALL the details of your league. I don't understand why you wouldn't include salary numbers when posting a question like this.

Even right now, we have no idea what your max salary for your team is and where your current salary is. Details we should know.

I'll say this. It's a hell of a lot easier to find faceoffs in a 16 team league than it is shots. Stepan gets a hell of a lot more FOW than Parise, but Parise gets a hell of a lot more shots than Stepan.

Seeing as the salary differences aren't monumental, I don't see the appeal in this deal.
    If you look in the first posting I say i will do a one for one swap based on their stats and contracts. Its first when he wants an extra prospect to do it I get a bad feeling about it..

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by rookien View Post
    If you look in the first posting I say i will do a one for one swap based on their stats and contracts. Its first when he wants an extra prospect to do it I get a bad feeling about it..
    How is the salary determined? I see you said by O-Rank, but what are the ranges for each price? What is the O-Rank for a player to be $20 bucks or $30 bucks?

Are you weak at centre in comparison to left wing? What are your needs?

All of this sort of information is needed, makes our jobs easier, and a more accurate assessment can be made.

If Stepan is $20-$25 and Parise is $30, and you need a centreman with top FOW (was one of the best league wide) it's probably a deal worth taking. A centreman's O-Rank such as Stepan will likely be lower than you expect, as the centre ice postition is so deep. You can name easily a dozen better C than Stepan right now, but I'm not sure that it'll last that way much longer. If it's easy to say he's going to be $20 (and sign him 3 years), counter with straight up, if he doesn't take it, keep Parise.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rookien View Post
    Well all I can say is that if you've already got your mind made up then it doesn't make much sense to me how you're letting Christian Thomas be the dealbreaker.

Good luck.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Am I the only one weirded out by the incredible enthusiasm for Stepan posted by staj18, MylesJulien and George Karman? The first two have their first posts in this thread and the third has six total posts. I might be crazy, but it looks to me like the guy you're trading with found this thread and is trying a bit too hard to sway your decision to his advantage
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Novice

hey Dakkster,

I am just new to dobber as of a few days ago. I just found out about this site and I am interested in including my thoughts on trades I think are interesting. I like Stepan as a player, so I just thought I would post that. Parise showed signs of stuggles over the course of this shortened year, while Stepan improved and excelled in all areas of the game. I believe in a year or two: Stepan > Parise. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the assumption though. I appreciate it..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hey, it's all good. It just seemed a bit weird, that's all. And I'm probably crazy too
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Am I the only one weirded out by the incredible enthusiasm for Stepan posted by staj18, MylesJulien and George Karman? The first two have their first posts in this thread and the third has six total posts. I might be crazy, but it looks to me like the guy you're trading with found this thread and is trying a bit too hard to sway your decision to his advantage
    I was actually doing a little questioning myself.. Especially with GK and his unconditional love for Stepan, I honestly felt like he was the Stepan owner and he secretly wanted Parise.. HAHA..

Long-term I like Stepan.. But when Torts is fired, does Stepan still get all that prime icetime??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Rookie

Sure hope rookien noticed this before GK had his way with him

wonder if GK could be his initials?

Dobber Sports Ninja

To whoever the smart ass was who left me a note saying "it was in his first post...wake up", please enlighten me as to where in his first post he lists the salary numbers for either player. Or what the max salary is. Hey, maybe I'm just not familiar with what 'cap-system based on Yahoo O-Ranking' means, because that's the only indication that the league is even a salary based league in the entire post.

But yeah I'm the one who has to wake up.

That'll teach me to try and offer help.

And yeah, I think someone is trying to take you for a ride here too.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

LOL - no shit, exactly where my head was at. I am a Stepan owner in a fow league and you can have him for Parise in a heartbeat. Remember Parise's best years to date? I think Stepan just had his.
    Last edited by Shoeless; May 26, 2013 at 11:21 PM.

Dobber Sports Stud

What a weird thread. Pretty obvious what is going on here. Anyways, Parise easily.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    To whoever the smart ass was who left me a note saying "it was in his first post...wake up", please enlighten me as to where in his first post he lists the salary numbers for either player. Or what the max salary is. Hey, maybe I'm just not familiar with what 'cap-system based on Yahoo O-Ranking' means, because that's the only indication that the league is even a salary based league in the entire post.

But yeah I'm the one who has to wake up.

That'll teach me to try and offer help.

And yeah, I think someone is trying to take you for a ride here too.
    Here's a real question: did you wake up after all of this?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Recruit

I am a Stepan owner, but I don't know who Rookin is. I just frankly think Stepan is the better player. Hard to argue a player that plays that well at such a young age.

Dobber Sports Stud

1. I don't believe you.
    2. Stepan's production to date is not more impressive than Parise's production at around the same age and with Stepan's average (at best) skating abilities I don't ever see him having Parise-like seasons.