Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Parise or Stepan

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Parise or Stepan

In a 16 teams dynasty League with a cap system based on Yahoo O-rankings. I am the owner of Parise. I could use some help in faceoffs and I got the chance to get Stepan but he want a prospect with him to go..

Stepan + 76th overall pick out of 80

for

Parise + Christian Thomas

I would do the Stepan for Parise swap one for one but i dont know if thomas is to much. but still i got a chance to scout a longshot with the pick...

what do you think

Dobber Sports Ace

I wouldn't do this either. Stepan still has a lot to prove to me, whereas Parise is tried and true, and the man on a team on the rise. I would find your faceoffs elsewhere.
    20-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,
    D: Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Parayko
    G: Rask
    Farm: Kravtsov, A Boqvist, Necas, I Samsonov

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd stick with Parise here as well
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Monster

I keep Parise here. You can search around for more FOW but You lose this deal if you trade Parise.

Hold your cards with Parise.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Are You NUTS!?!?! Do it now!! Stepan is a 60+pt centerman on a solid team playing with top players! and he's only a 1990 born! He has the time to get better! Parise is great!, but to get your hands on Stepan! Wow!

and I'm guessing 76th is part of an entry draft? This year's entry draft is a loaded draft, while Thomas has VERY low opportunity to breach the roster anytime soon.

I say do it now! before the GM realizes the mistake he's making!

Dobber Sports Recruit

MAN! Trade for Stepan.

This guy is skilled already on a great team and can only get better with age. Minnesota is a up and coming team, but they have 2 lines that are all prospects/young guns in Coyle, Granlund etc. So they will take time, while NYR already has Richards, Nash, Callahan etc. whoa are ready and sick now!

Stepan is a guy who is hard to get, a top centerman at the young age, born 1991 or 90 I believe.

I say DO it!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Stepan shows flashes of skill that is not seen by many at that age and is complimented by the team around him. Paris is great, but his teammates aren't yet other than Koivu and Suter.

I say trade for Stepan

Dobber Sports Novice

Do the deal i'd say. Stepan is going to be very good.
    Last edited by staj18; May 26, 2013 at 5:29 PM.

Dobber Sports Expert

Thatīs not a good trade for you, Parise is a high class player, you shouldnīt shop him just to improve one single statistic.

Stepan might bring face-offs, Parise beats him in points and they are much tougher to get.

Administrator

The stars are worth the money. Keep Parise.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

imo parise is not a star he is not a stud he is not elite or a high class player or anything else

8 seasons in the nhl now and only 2 of them have been higher than 70 points

he is a 65-70 point player

stepan is probably a 60-65 point player going forward so with FOWs a category i would have no problem taking stepan over parise
    Last edited by lucifer316; May 26, 2013 at 1:41 PM.

Dobber Sports Recruit

You mentioned you are in a salary cap league, but I don't see any of the prices here so I feel this could be a deal worth making if the salaries are different, especially because Stepan has played so well recently. To beat out Brad Richards is no easy task.

If you could, please post the salary differences and the categories so this can be analyzed appropriately.

Dobber Sports Expert

Parise is a lock for 30+ goals, that alone makes him top 30

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Stepan is a FA his salary will be based on his new O-Rank it will probably be in the $20-30 class. Parise has a $30/1yr contract.
    I feel i got the same production from both but Parise have more shots then Stepan but he got the faceoffs....and alot of them.

I need to cut the salary but still be a major faktor and I feel I improve with switching to Stepan but i dont know if its worth it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Originally posted saying that I wouldn't even do Parise straight up for Stepan 1 on 1, let alone throwing in a prospect with the Parise side. But I saw you didn't include salary #s. So I deleted my post. A little tip for the future, include ALL the details of your league. I don't understand why you wouldn't include salary numbers when posting a question like this.

Even right now, we have no idea what your max salary for your team is and where your current salary is. Details we should know.

I'll say this. It's a hell of a lot easier to find faceoffs in a 16 team league than it is shots. Stepan gets a hell of a lot more FOW than Parise, but Parise gets a hell of a lot more shots than Stepan.

Seeing as the salary differences aren't monumental, I don't see the appeal in this deal.