Thread: Studs & Duds - Friday 5/24/13

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Studs & Duds - Friday 5/24/13

Studs

The Real Deal deals death to the Sens playoff hopes

James Neal put an exclamation point on the Pens 6-2 demolition of the Sens Friday night. Neal had the hat trick and added an assist for good measure. He's picked a good time to go absolutely berserk. In the last two games Neal has seven points -five goals and two assists- and 14 shots. He's making every effort to erase his three points in his first seven games from the minds of Pens fans.

The Duke of Dish

While Neal has been busy racking up goals for the Pens, Kris Letang has been very busy indeed setting up those goals. Like Neal, Letang has seven points in the last two games, his coming in the form of one goal and six assists, including helpers on three of Neal's five goals. This outburst has Letang leading all Defensemen in scoring so far in the post-season, a healthy five points clear of second place Zdeno Chara. In fact Letang is tied for second overall with Geno.

Duds

Red light district

Craig Anderson is probably feeling a bit like the Pens private beyotch. Pittsburgh pretty much had their way with the Ottawa netminder all through the series. The last two games in particular they had him bent over the crossbar as the Pens once again hung a six-spot on Andy. In the series Anderson surrendered 19 goals in the four losses. Fair to say the Pens were working that thang hard. No word on whether or not the Pens gave him flowers or a reach-around in way of thanks.

Deep thoughts from a shallow mind

- Sidney Crosby, the slacker, only had one measly assist. Oh, did I mention he won 21 faceoffs? That was more than the rest of the Pens combined, and only eight less the Sens as a team.
    - Evgeni Malkin contributed a goal and an assist breaking a streak of back-to-back games where he was held off the scoresheet.
    - Brenden Morrow picked up a goal to open the scoring. It was only his second goal of the playoffs.
    - Tomas Vokoun stopped 29-of-31 en route to the win. Since taking over as the starter he has gone 6-1 and posted a 1.85 Goals Against and .941 Save Percentage with a shutout. Marc-Andre Who?
    - Kyle Turris had a two point night -a goal and assist- in the losing effort. His playoff run ended with nine points in 10 games.
    - We now know Erik Karlsson's kryptonite, the Pittsburgh Penguins. Karlsson was held off the scoresheet for the fourth time in the five games against the Pens.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well I forgot to do Studs and Duds again this week...

Nice write up man, one has to wonder about what is gonna happen with Fleury at the end of this season. I'd be getting antsy if I were an owner but the best thing to do right now is to hang onto him unless a legitimate offer comes along.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Well I forgot to do Studs and Duds again this week...

Nice write up man, one has to wonder about what is gonna happen with Fleury at the end of this season. I'd be getting antsy if I were an owner but the best thing to do right now is to hang onto him unless a legitimate offer comes along.
    So. Bondon = Mike Gillis?
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril