Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Draft Day - Chatter

Default 2013 Draft Day - Chatter

Good Morning, fellow geeks of the gridiron! The 2013 NFL draft is upon us, so I thought I would get this up and running early.

Feel free to post any rumors, speculation or theories throughout the day. And any, of course, any rage after your team picks...

For my hometown Bills, I have finally come to the conclusion that they will first try to trade down from 8th. They'll take Barkley in the 2nd if they feel he'll be there or Nassib later in round 1.

I think they should get one of the top LBs at 8th - really solidifying their d-corp, and then go for a QB in the second. Go with Kolb this year and if the team tanks so be it. 2014 is a better draft class for QBs - get your boy then.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Really looking forward to this draft due to the uncertainty of how a lot of teams are picking. Also all these mocks never account for trading and there should be plenty this year that will have many teams clamouring for position.

For my Colts a lot of mocks are saying they are picking DJ Haydon who is a CB from Houston. Good player and fills a need but not sure if I would spend a 1st round pick on a guy that almost died in practice last year and had a scar from the middle if his chest to the top of his belly button. However it seems that a lot of players have medical issues coming in or have some character flaws (fake gfs, leaving feces all over your hotel room, etc) but im sure most of it all is media hype. Hoping one of the big NT's falls but I don't see that happening.

As for the Bills I am hearing Tavon Austin is what they are looking at at the moment which would give them an elite playmaker they lack.

First overall is also in the air as the scouts of KC want Joeckel but the coaching staff wants Fisher. Not sure you could be wrong with either one but its been a while since the morning of the draft it hasn't been known who number 1 is.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think this is going to be a fun draft to watch, if you are into that shit (which I am) since there is no real clear cut prized prospect. There should be lots of teams moving up and down.

Im a Niners fan so I am really looking forward to what they do. They have 13 picks this year and I dont expect them to be drafting 13 players so I expect them to be moving and shaking a lot. I wouldnt be surprised to see them move up into the top 15 with a trade.

As far as the draft in general, to quote Mayock, this is a fat man draft. I love that quote. Lots of big men drafted this year, less flash, especially early on. There will probably only be 1 (or 2 maybe) QB's taken in the first round. There will probably only be 1 RB taken in the first round (if any at all).

Go Niners!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

I can't wait for this to finally play out. this past week of teams lying has been driving me crazy. Things I expect to happen in this draft:

-geno going in the top 10, other qb's will be taken at the end of round 1 (trades)
    -3 trades to go down in the top 10.
    -mayock to entertain the hell out of me and make me wonder why he only does the draft and Thursday night games.

Rumors I'm hearing:

-9ers trading up to snag eifert
    -falcons trading up for millner
    -chiefs will take fisher if Albert isn't traded to the dolphins by the time they're on the clock.

Happy draft day all!

Shariff Floyd is the one I want for the Bills. A DL w/ 3-4 and 4-3 ability is just what the doc ordered for this defense.
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

I cannot wait for some classic Ozzie wheeling and dealing. Ravens probably not picking tonight.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    I can't wait for this to finally play out. this past week of teams lying has been driving me crazy. Things I expect to happen in this draft:

-geno going in the top 10, other qb's will be taken at the end of round 1 (trades)
    -3 trades to go down in the top 10.
    -mayock to entertain the hell out of me and make me wonder why he only does the draft and Thursday night games.

Rumors I'm hearing:

-9ers trading up to snag eifert
    -falcons trading up for millner
    -chiefs will take fisher if Albert isn't traded to the dolphins by the time they're on the clock.

Happy draft day all!
    Don Banks of SI has the Niners trading up with the Jets to take Milliner. I'd be happy if the Niners walked away with either of those guys, Milliner or Eifert.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Ahhhhh Bills trade down to get EJ. I effing knew it!!

Ballsy. Nothing wrong with that.
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

I do not like all the pass rushers getting drafted by Ravens opponents next season.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Ahhhhh Bills trade down to get EJ. I effing knew it!!

Ballsy. Nothing wrong with that.
    I see Twitter exploding with this.....who is this guy?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Byron Leftwich 2.0.

I actually don't hate the move by the Bills. They traded down and got a decent haul so they maximized the pick that way and then they drafted the QB they liked. Even if he doesn't end up the franchise guy they need at least they'll add talent with those other picks.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Don't listen to MD26, he's huffing again.

EJ Manuel is arguably the most skilled QB in the draft, yet also the most raw. Developmental with big upside. 2yrs till he starts.
    @SmittysRant

Ah there goes Floyd. That's who I wanted.
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Don't listen to MD26, he's huffing again.

EJ Manuel is arguably the most skilled QB in the draft, yet also the most raw. Developmental with big upside. 2yrs till he starts.
    Hey, Leftwich looked great coming out of college too. I know the Ravens wanted him in the draft but ended up having to go with Kyle Boller. And it's not like Leftwich didn't have some good years so don't look at this as a negative comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Hey, Leftwich looked great coming out of college too. I know the Ravens wanted him in the draft but ended up having to go with Kyle Boller. And it's not like Leftwich didn't have some good years so don't look at this as a negative comparison.
    No it's cool. I's just messin...

I tend to disregard the pundits on the radio and tv (see: Jim Rome, Kiper, etal), and focus more on the scouts commentary l(Greg Kossel is one) because I don't watch college football so I have no perspective on these players. So while everyone was blowing Nassib-smoke up my ass, I always had one eye on EJ.

Now the Bills aren't exactly known for picking the correct QB (Kelly aside), so time will tell. But the EJ pick tool some big stones, so credit to them for that.

And this is still a stocked 2nd and 3rd round. Lots of value here so that extra pick will serve them well.
    @SmittysRant