Page 96 of 240 FirstFirst ... 46 86 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 106 146 196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: I need a new show...

Anyone seen Genius? I think it's on Nat'l Geographic? I'm not sure since I watch it on an android box and channels have no meaning.

The life stories of history's greatest minds

1st season was about Einstein - wife and I ripped through that in a few days.

Second season is Picasso - Similar to American Horror Story - there is some carry over of actors/actresses from one season to the next. Such a great show - love taking a biography and stretching it into a full 10 episode season

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone seen Genius? I think it's on Nat'l Geographic? I'm not sure since I watch it on an android box and channels have no meaning.

The life stories of history's greatest minds

1st season was about Einstein - wife and I ripped through that in a few days.

Second season is Picasso - Similar to American Horror Story - there is some carry over of actors/actresses from one season to the next. Such a great show - love taking a biography and stretching it into a full 10 episode season
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

I just binge watched the first six episodes of Safe on Netflix. Two more to go. Great show. Tons of twists and turns. Can't wait to see how this ends.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    ^ht... My wife's favourite show.
    The first season is based on book by Margaret Atwood (Canadian). I really enjoyed it too.
    The second season is writer/producer direction. My wife still says it has been "amazing"... but I fall asleep on couch.
    [They do a bit more character-backstory in s2, which is the part I've liked best.]
    So, S2, E1... Fenway Park!? Wow.

Dobber Sports Deity

Finished watching Safe last night.

Great show. Well worth the time to watch this.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

Oh, that's my boy MCH.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Oh, that's my boy MCH.
    He was awesome in this show.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

Agreed. Safe is excellent.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

Based on recommendations in here, I watched safe. Very much enjoyed it. Does anyone know if there will be another season? The show seemed to end with everything resolved...

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Cobra Kai - karate kid reboot. Who's watching. Available on You Tube Red, or additional sources for your steaming savy group.

Just finished the 10 episode series for season 1. FANTASTICALLY DONE IMO. Not sure if it was included here earlier... but for those Karate kid fans of the 80's... this is a must watch. I really enjoy how they treated the main characters (Johnny and Daniel) and how they nursed the story along the same lines as the 1st movie (ish) with a twist

... just well done IMO. Season 2 approved for 2019.
    Yup, liked it. A little too much cheese for my liking though. Johnny's character was great though. Awesome music too. Solid 8/10.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Yeah, I stopped with torrents after getting ISP warnings. It wasn't worth the risk for me. Although, they typically only go after heavy seeders I think, something I never did.
    I've been getting these for over 5 years. Just ignore them - nothing but scare tactics. For now you're untouchable in Canada don't worry.

Banned

Just started watching Safe

its really good

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just finished watching the first season of the HBO series High Maintenance.

The show centers around a pot dealer who bike's around New York City delivering to his different customers, but each episode is more of a backstory of the customers and eventually how they all inter twine with the pot dealer.

Each episode is also kind of like a social commentary, think Black Mirror but not about technology, really well written and thought out, like most HBO shows.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Finished watching last episode The Terror last night. Damn, that was a good show.
    Very satisfied with the ending too.

Wife and I just finished watching first season of Better Things, comedy with a potty-mouth single mom of three daughters.
    If you are a dad with daughters, this shit is a pretty fun watch - especially with wife/mom... since she has to deal with the grumblings.
    I've heard Season 2 is even better than Season 1... but I can't stream it anywhere for free.

We had also finished the 2nd season of 13 Reasons Why - but I thought that was pretty lame.
    I pretty much surfed my phone while it was on.

I've started watching an old HBO show called 6 Feet Under. A couple episodes in, pretty solid.

And thanks to those that recommended Mindhunter - I'm probably through 3 or 4 episodes of that, but wife isn't interested.

For more of a thriller, we started watching The Staircase last night (on Netflix, but actually a 2005 Sundance documentary).
    It is a court case / murder story. Netflix probably signed it on because it has much the same vibe as Making a Murderer.
    I'm wondering if the death (in Dec 2001 of a Nortel exec in North Carolina) will even touch on the plummeting stock at that time!

Dobber Sports Expert

Add Westworld, Legion and Fargo to the list

Also Money Heist on Netflix is enjoyable
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Ace

Brockmire starring Hank Azaria is absolutely fantastic. Azaria is absolutely hilarious as a drunken, washed up baseball play-by-play announcer. Definitely worth a watch, especially for sports fans.