Page 92 of 240 FirstFirst ... 42 82 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 102 142 192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: I need a new show...

If anyone comes across good 20-minute shows, please let me know. It feels like it's always difficult to find them and often times you have just 20-30 minutes to watch something, so you can't watch a 40-minute show.

I've already watched How I Met Your Mother like 7 times. I've also watched Friends, The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, The Simpsons, That '70s Show, Family Guy, New Girl, Brooklyn 99, Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23... seen them all at least twice. Arrested Development, American Dad, The Ranch, Master of None, The Good Place, Disjointed - seen them.

The League and Big Mouth - seen them (took me an episode to realize they're from the same people).

But please, if you have more shows like any of these, please let me know. I just wanted to get out of the way the ones I could remember off the top of my head.

Dobber Sports Master

I dont see Rick and Morty in your list J-P. Those episodes are short and really funny.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    If anyone comes across good 20-minute shows, please let me know. It feels like it's always difficult to find them and often times you have just 20-30 minutes to watch something, so you can't watch a 40-minute show.

I've already watched How I Met Your Mother like 7 times. I've also watched Friends, The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, The Simpsons, That '70s Show, Family Guy, New Girl, Brooklyn 99, Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23... seen them all at least twice. Arrested Development, American Dad, The Ranch, Master of None, The Good Place, Disjointed - seen them.

The League and Big Mouth - seen them (took me an episode to realize they're from the same people).

But please, if you have more shows like any of these, please let me know. I just wanted to get out of the way the ones I could remember off the top of my head.
    Last Man on Earth!!!

Dobber Sports Sage

The IT Crowd on Netflix is fantastic- wish they ran more seasons. Catastrophe on Amazon is very entertaining. You didn't mention It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. That is probably my favorite all-time sit com. There are some snoozer episodes but they have many classics. I think it is on Hulu Plus now. Veep is excellent and the first couple seasons are on Amazon. Scrubs and The Office are on Netflix and those are very good.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ninja

I see that AW mentioned Rick and Morty - I'm watching random episodes and I like some of them.

I can't get enough of Brooklyn 99 lately.

My recommendation is to check out Archer. While it's animated, it's definitely not for kids. Recommend you start with anything from seasons 1-4 or even 5 (Archer Vice). Seasons 6-8 aren't up to the same standards in my opinion, but the characters and the way they interact keep me coming back.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

What about "Cheers"?? It's a classic!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

Just a reminder that AMC launches its newest show tomorrow night, March 26.

"The Terror" is based on the real life, ill fated John Franklin Expedition to find the Northwest Passage in the mid-1850s and the Dan Simmons' fictionalized account of what might have happened to the two crews of HMS Erebus and HMS Terror. Simmons' novel of the same name is phenomenal as he introduces a paranormal twist to the mystery of the lost men.

Here is the trailer:

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Just a reminder that AMC launches its newest show tomorrow night, March 26.

"The Terror" is based on the real life, ill fated John Franklin Expedition to find the Northwest Passage in the mid-1850s and the Dan Simmons' fictionalized account of what might have happened to the two crews of HMS Erebus and HMS Terror. Simmons' novel of the same name is phenomenal as he introduces a paranormal twist to the mystery of the lost men.

Here is the trailer:

Thanks for the reminder.

Setting my PVR now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

I just finished watching Icarus on Netflix. Pretty interesting documentary about the whole Russian doping scandal.

Definitely worth the time.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

i know I've already talked about "The Terror", but now that I've seen the first two episodes, I'm even more impressed by the finished product than the enthralling trailers. It is sublimely spooky. Every whistle of the Arctic wind, every groan of pack ice, every creak of the ship's boards and every distant howl of some northern beast spikes the hairs on the back of my neck. Every moment threatens disaster, and you really feel it.
    The acting is excellent as well, with three great leads: Ciaran Hinds, Tobias Mendies and Jared Harris are excellent as Sir John Franklin, Capt. Fitzjames and Capt. Crozier respectively.
    Can't wait for episode 3...

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just started watching Manhunt: Unabomber. Fabulous!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Wife & I watched Wild, Wild West on Netflix about some cult in Oregon in the 80s.
    It got really good reviews, but at 6eps of 1hr... bit too drawn out for me.
    The main character, an Indian lady named "Sheila", is quite... well, she's something... I don't know what to call it... very interesting for sure.
    I won't recommend it since my tastes fall pretty much in line with those in this thread.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    i know I've already talked about "The Terror", but now that I've seen the first two episodes, I'm even more impressed by the finished product than the enthralling trailers. It is sublimely spooky. Every whistle of the Arctic wind, every groan of pack ice, every creak of the ship's boards and every distant howl of some northern beast spikes the hairs on the back of my neck. Every moment threatens disaster, and you really feel it.
    The acting is excellent as well, with three great leads: Ciaran Hinds, Tobias Mendies and Jared Harris are excellent as Sir John Franklin, Capt. Fitzjames and Capt. Crozier respectively.
    Can't wait for episode 3...
    Hadn't realised they made this book into a series. It was a great story. Will have to look to see if it's on Netflix.

Dobber Sports Master

that was weird watching the Roseanne reboot and I cant promise that I'd stick with it .

laurie metcalf still makes me laugh though .

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Just started watching Manhunt: Unabomber. Fabulous!
    agreed...

- - - Updated - - -

started watching The Colony..have 3 episodes under my belt, kinda interesting...
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-