Page 75 of 240 FirstFirst ... 25 65 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 85 125 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Season 3 of The Fall is on Netflix. I've only watched the first episode, and it was a little slow, but the first two seasons were so, so good, so I'm pretty stoked that there's a new season. My wife can't watch scary shows, unfortunately, so I have to wait for the right time.
    Watched the third season of "The Fall", and while it was interesting to see the repercussions Spector's actions had on everyone, the season didn't really get engaged until the final, series ending, episode. Agree that the first two seasons were very well done.

I'm in TV show limbo right now, and am not sure what to watch next. Here is a list of shows I'm interested in watching, but am curious what some of you think of them:

Luke Cage (I've watched both Daredevil and Jessica Jones, so this is near top of list)
    Rome (an older series, but one with great reviews)
    Black Mirror (not a fan of horror, but I'm ok with supernatural bits like "Stranger Things" & "X-Files")
    Westworld (mixed reviews, although it sounds like my cup of tea)
    Luther (a friend with similar tastes highly recommended this one)
    Ray Donovan (anything to do with the mob...)

Just looking for new opinions on any of these shows to help sway my choice. Thanks!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Sage

It's really a shame that "Better off Ted" was only around for 2 seasons. That was a funny and witty show. If you never watched it, it is definitely worth watching.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Master

I watched the first episode of Stranger Things the other night. Seems like a good show. I got an x-files vibe from it.

Also, I am almost up to date on Vikings. Thanks to the thread contributors who have recommended that show. Its a good one.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Vikings is incredible.

Lots of hidden gems buried within the 46 pages of this thread... I've gotten so many ideas on shows I otherwise would never have even heard of.

I think the creator of this thread should get a medal... truly brilliant.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Lots of hidden gems buried within the 46 pages of this thread... I've gotten so many ideas on shows I otherwise would never have even heard of.

I think the creator of this thread should get a medal... truly brilliant.
    Agreed. There should also be annual awards given to those who share the most quality shows. We'll call them... "The Blayzies".

Dobber Sports Wizard

I watched one episode of "Bull", and now I need to see the rest. I had no idea Michael Weatherly had gotten his own show so quickly after leaving NCIS (which is still one of the best shows out there). I like him, he's a funny guy.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I watched one episode of "Bull", and now I need to see the rest. I had no idea Michael Weatherly had gotten his own show so quickly after leaving NCIS (which is still one of the best shows out there). I like him, he's a funny guy.
    I watch this show too. Solid show based on the life of Dr Phil and his previous career as a trial consultant.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

waiting for Game of Thrones to come on CDN Netfix.....watched Season 1. Loved it.

Is getting teh American Netflix as easy as changing the IP adress on your settings?
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    waiting for Game of Thrones to come on CDN Netfix.....watched Season 1. Loved it.

Is getting teh American Netflix as easy as changing the IP adress on your settings?
    Netflix has blocked most proxy and VPN service providers. Some smaller service providers might work for some time but at least the bigger names are already blocked and no one knows how long those smaller ones will work either.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I think LetterKenny season 2 is next for me. So damn funny

Dobber Sports Sage

Watching Vikings (has been a favourite of mine since the first episode), Letterkenny Season 2 (just as funny as the first season if not funnier), and Black Mirror (heard about this show for a while but never gave it a chance until last weekend - bingeworthy... almost done the entire series - it is that mind-blowingly good - basically the theme revolves around how current and near future technologies could realistically transform us as a society for the better but also, and more importantly, for the worse. Every episode is different (like a miniature movie). Pretty scary how close we are to a lot of the ideas they bring up in the show).

I'd also (re)recommend BBC's Peaky Blinders and Sherlock... top notch shows. Will not let you down.

BBC has really been giving HBO a run for their money over the last few years. Love what they're putting out.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Not sure if it has already been mentioned but "The Night of" is awesome. Only 8 episodes though but brilliant IMO. It's an HBO series.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2401256/?ref=m_nv_sr_1

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if it has already been mentioned but "The Night of" is awesome. Only 8 episodes though but brilliant IMO. It's an HBO series.

12 team full keeper dynasty league (H2H Points-Based)

scoring cats:

G, A, P, PPP, SHP, +/-, PIM, SOG, FOW, FOL, Hit, TK, BLK, GWG, GA, SV, SHO, W

C: Barkov, MacKinnon, Zegras, Hughes, Matthews
    LW: Pavelski,Teravainen, Nichushkin,
    RW: Rantanen, Laine, Terry
    F: Kakko, Rakell, Granlund
    D: Jones, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dahlin, Burns, Thrun,
    G: Gibson, F. Andersen, Saros, Hart
    Farm: L. Carlsson, Moore, Miroshnichenko, Mintyukov, Zellweger, Askarov, Fedotov, Clang

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Selanne13 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

++1

Dobber Sports Deity

I just started watching Ballers this morning. A couple shows in and it looks like a solid show so far. Anyone else watched this?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I just started watching Ballers this morning. A couple shows in and it looks like a solid show so far. Anyone else watched this?
    I watched some of season 2 this past weekend. It's like a sports Entourage...very easy to get through and you don't even really have to pay attention.

It's enjoyable tho