Page 62 of 241 FirstFirst ... 12 52 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 72 112 162 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I have to give Vinyl a plug this week, just for a specific Olivia Wilde scene.
    God bless HBO and their gratuitous nudity.
    If it's Olivia Wilde getting banged then sign me up! Episode number please!

Dobber Sports Deity

After seeing one of 2014OG's gif's, I was reminded to post in here about the Canadian TV show, Letterkenny. It's only six episodes on Crave TV but it was six episodes of pure gold. It was like watching a mixture of Corner Gas and Trailer Park Boys.

It just got renewed for season 2 as well. I cant wait. Funny as hell!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    After seeing one of 2014OG's gif's, I was reminded to post in here about the Canadian TV show, Letterkenny. It's only six episodes on Crave TV but it was six episodes of pure gold. It was like watching a mixture of Corner Gas and Trailer Park Boys.

It just got renewed for season 2 as well. I cant wait. Funny as hell!
    Is that what that gif was in the Steph Curry thread?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Is that what that gif was in the Steph Curry thread?
    Yes sir.

I believe this is the first two minutes of the first episode. Warning, language so NSFW. LOL!

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Yes sir.

I believe this is the first two minutes of the first episode. Warning, language so NSFW. LOL!

Lol- this looks good- think Ill jump into episode 1. So far my only gripe (and its a fake one which isnt at all serious)- is that those hicks keep burning the sht out of the hockey players- hahaha! Some classic burns- but not fun to be on team hockey player- lol!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Just got caught up on "Billions". I'm really enjoying it. Never liked Giamatti but he is great in this. Also the Wags who is played by David Costabile ( Gale from Breaking Bad ) constantly pumps out hilarious lines.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    Just got caught up on "Billions". I'm really enjoying it. Never liked Giamatti but he is great in this. Also the Wags who is played by David Costabile ( Gale from Breaking Bad ) constantly pumps out hilarious lines.
    I heard that was good- next in the q...

Dobber Sports Star

Anybody else watch Horace and Pete? I'm sure 99% of the people here will hate it, but it's gotten really good the last few episodes. The first couple episodes were really rocky and I wasn't so sure, but it's starting to figure itself out. There's nothing else like it, that's for sure.

The Great One

Anybody watch Mad dogs?

Just watched the pilot and wow what an episode. Hooked.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Anybody watch Mad dogs?

Just watched the pilot and wow what an episode. Hooked.
    The orignal is just miles ahead. Do yourself a favor and get the orginal one first. You will be hooked in 2 episodes anway and watch all seasons. Itīs awesome.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Vinyl show-runner Terrence Winter has been fired by HBO

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Genius

Anyone else watching/watched the latest House of Cards season? What happened to this series? It's so dry now, with little to nothing happening from one episode to the next. Last season was just as bad. The acting and production values are still high, but it's getting more difficult to care about this show or its characters.

Glad I've still got Daredevil season 2 waiting for me.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I actually watched 4-5 episodes of House of Cards Season 4 a few weeks ago... and then... put it down... (no itch to return to it!)
    These days, I think any full-story drama show that has 3-5 main characters... probably only has a shelf life of 3-5 seasons max.
    After that it gets old and we move on.
    [Game of Thrones, with its depth of cast & characters will probably sustain through Season 7 or 8... but it too will start to feel stale soon. They need to get Daenyras the fugg out of Meereen.]

I've got a nice queue thanks to this thread for after hockey season including:

1. The FULL series of the Wire. I'm gonna do it - we have Amazon Prime.
    2. Daredevil Season 2.
    3. Vikings
    4. True Detective Season 2.
    5. Sherlock, Season 3.
    I also put Veronica Mars on my queue - supposed to be decent, hopefully good husband/wife viewing.

Wife & I go back & forth lately with a few shows, in Season 4 of Suits, in Season 1 of the Americans.
    We may even sign up for two months of HBO to watch the current season of GoT and the past season of Vinyl.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I actually watched 4-5 episodes of House of Cards Season 4 a few weeks ago... and then... put it down... (no itch to return to it!)
    These days, I think any full-story drama show that has 3-5 main characters... probably only has a shelf life of 3-5 seasons max.
    After that it gets old and we move on.
    [Game of Thrones, with its depth of cast & characters will probably sustain through Season 7 or 8... but it too will start to feel stale soon. They need to get Daenyras the fugg out of Meereen.]

I've got a nice queue thanks to this thread for after hockey season including:

1. The FULL series of the Wire. I'm gonna do it - we have Amazon Prime.
    2. Daredevil Season 2.
    3. Vikings
    4. True Detective Season 2.
    5. Sherlock, Season 3.
    I also put Veronica Mars on my queue - supposed to be decent, hopefully good husband/wife viewing.

Wife & I go back & forth lately with a few shows, in Season 4 of Suits, in Season 1 of the Americans.
    We may even sign up for two months of HBO to watch the current season of GoT and the past season of Vinyl.
    Oh, nice. I'll be interested to hear your take on The Wire. Great series.

Veronica Mars! Yes! I really enjoyed it. By the end of the series, I loved the characters and didn't want it to end. The early going is decent, but not amazing, so stick with it (whenever you decide to give it a try).

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Veronica Mars! Yes! I really enjoyed it. By the end of the series, I loved the characters and didn't want it to end. The early going is decent, but not amazing, so stick with it (whenever you decide to give it a try).
    Thanks!
    Yeah... wife & I have been struggling a bit for a lighter show with a good balance of female/male characters.
    We both really enjoyed Friday Night Lights for 5 seasons of binge watching a few years ago.
    We haven't found too many lighter shows we both like since then (we did watch Nurse Jackie and Shameless... those are both pretty good.)
    The one season of Freaks & Geeks was a good watch.
    The mom from that show also plays the mom of Hannah on Girls - which is pretty solid husband/wife show to watch. I like seeing the new Darth Vader in Girls... he's wonderful, Adam Driver.
    We watch Goldbergs, Modern Family, Black-ish on Wednesday night. That's our only night of live mainstream TV.
    Goldbergs is actually one of my favourite shows these days - as a Flyer fan, I like seeing the one kid where his Flyers shirt almost every other episode!!! LOL.