Page 48 of 240 FirstFirst ... 38 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 58 98 148 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: I need a new show...

Good man!! It's badass! I'm on episode 9 and don't want it to end! One more to go and then gotta wait for the season.
    I need to space these out better, but can't stop the bingeing! lol

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Count me among those who've hopped on the Narcos bandwagon.

Just saw the first episode and I'm instantly hooked.

Dobber Sports Sage

Watched the first 3 episodes of Gotham on Netflix and it has been entertaining. And while we have not watched the last two episodes of the Fear the Walking Dead (DVRed for the weekend), we are really enjoying the show.

Here's what I am currently watching and what's on deck: (not a ranking)
    1) Fear the Walking
    2) Gotham
    3) Longmire (have only watched season 1)
    4) Narcos
    5) Ray Donovan (have only watched season 1)
    Last edited by Daydream Nation; September 30, 2015 at 6:23 AM. Reason: edit
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Master

season 2 of the leftovers , the affair starts this coming weekend

season 2 of fargo (fx series) starts following weekend with a marathon of season 1 playing on oct 11th.

american horror story (motel) is just around the corner as well .

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Watched the first 3 episodes of Gotham on Netflix and it has been entertaining. And while we have not watched the last two episodes of the Fear the Walking Dead (DVRed for the weekend), we are really enjoying the show.

Here's what I am currently watching and what's on deck: (not a ranking)
    1) Fear the Walking
    2) Gotham
    3) Longmire (have only watched season 1)
    4) Narcos
    5) Ray Donovan (have only watched season 1)
    Your priority list is backwards my friend... Ray Donovan and Narcos are head and shoulders above the other 3. Gotham is definitely at the bottom of that list.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Count me among those who've hopped on the Narcos bandwagon.

Just saw the first episode and I'm instantly hooked.

I guess looking into this is now on my list for the weekend (along with my draft).

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Not a new show but if you missed Band of Brothers, I am enjoying it now immensely. One of the best shows I've seen.
    When you get finished with that, you should check out From the Earth to the Moon if you haven't seen it. It's comparable in terms of quality.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Superstar

Also, for those of you who have HBO but don't have Cinemax, HBO Go is offering the first season of The Knick during October to promote the show.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Sage

Your priority list is backwards my friend... Ray Donovan and Narcos are head and shoulders above the other 3. Gotham is definitely at the bottom of that list.
    Thanks for the commentary but I don't have priority list. I don't mind having some heavy hitters to look forward to and I have requested season 2 of Ray Donovan from our library and am waiting for it.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

just finished season 2 of american horror story and was pleasantly surprised...season 3 is not quite doing it after that though.

if anyone missed spartacus that was a great little series

Dobber Sports Wizard

Anyone know where I can find season 2 of Broadchurch? I'm hooked.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    is it out yet?

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    https://torrentz.eu/search?q=broadchurch+season+2

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just caught up on the new season of Walking Dead... first two episodes were amazing.

Let's hope they keep things rolling and leave Alexandria... the show always goes stale when they've stayed at one place too long.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    A really cool and unique new show I've been watching is called Penny Dreadful. It can turn people off as it's about vampires, but it's so far from a typical tale. The cast is really good and it's a dark and gritty drama, which I love. It's shot really well and it takes on a twist with well known characters such as Dr Frankenstein and Dorian Gray. Really cool show. I recommend giving it a two episode trial as there was a scene in the second episode that sold me on the show.
    I just watched the first episode and my interest is piqued!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Just watched the first episode of AMC's new show, Into The Badlands. This one is a different beast. It's an odd mix of different aesthetic styles, unusual settings, retreading of old settings, and themes. It's like Jet Li meets Steampunk and they move to Antebellum Louisiana, after it's been plunked down in a dystopian future. One thing is for sure they didn't waste time getting right into the martial arts badassery. Five minutes in and the main character Sunny is breaking necks, arms, legs, stabbing, slashing, and all in that theatrical Hong Kong style. And they delivered on their promise of at least two major fight sequences in every episode, at least with the opener. If they can keep that up, whatever other faults the show may have it won't fall into the slog-y TWD trap.

It's set in what I've seen the producers call a post-apocalyptic future, but it's more like dystopian. The sets look nothing like the cliche dark, rumble-strewn, bleak landscapes you see when they call it post-apocalyptic. The scenes outside of the Barons' fortresses looks very normal, albeit with lots of poppy fields and such. When Sunny first arrives at his Baron's fortress you have the poppy surrounding the road leading up to a gate that has a very Third Reich-ish look. Once he's inside then you get a scene reminiscent of Gone With The Wind, the narrow lane lined with moss-draped willows leading up to an old southern cotton plantation mansion. Then it gets all Enter the Dragon with large groups of men in various forms of martial arts training. And to top it all off all of these Baron characters run around dressed in the steampunk style next their hitmen, known as clippers, all dressed in stereotypical martial artist gear. Makes for some truly odd visuals, but at least it's original.

I think the show has potential, the problem is it kind of sets up to appeal to niche groups. I really don't know much about steampunk other than I know the look when I see it, so will that crowd like what is an ostensibly Kung Fu show? Will the more traditional martial arts fans go for a show that eschews a lot of the cliche visuals? It really is at it's heart a story of feudal Japan with a different wrapper on it. The Barons are the Shogun, the Clippers are the Samurai, and there are the roving bands of outlaws who would be the Ronin. This one is kind of 50/50 on whether it makes it or not, though I hope does succeed at this point.

There is one other show sometime in 2016 also on AMC that I'm really getting jacked for after the trailer and that is Preacher. That looks like it could be a really good one. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for it, and I would imagine they'll do with it what they've done with Badlands and it will debut at some point in the second half of season 6 of TWD.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....