Page 46 of 241 FirstFirst ... 36 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 56 96 146 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: I need a new show...

Not a new show but if you missed Band of Brothers, I am enjoying it now immensely. One of the best shows I've seen.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Not a new show but if you missed Band of Brothers, I am enjoying it now immensely. One of the best shows I've seen.
    Oh, BoB is awesome. Great choice.

I finally got around to watching the first episode of Sherlock, and it was terrific! Super characters, a lot of sharp wit, and just the right amount of humour.

Has anyone watched The 100. It's not amazing by any means, but I'm slowly getting through it on Netflix. It's my go to when the really good stuff runs out.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post

Has anyone watched The 100. It's not amazing by any means, but I'm slowly getting through it on Netflix. It's my go to when the really good stuff runs out.
    I barely got through the pilot for that one. It was painful.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Nichushkin, Batherson, Sharangovich
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei, Forsling
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, But, G.Perreault, Morrow, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    I barely got through the pilot for that one. It was painful.
    It gets better than that, but I'd hesitate to recommend it. It's like Lost, but without the great characters...

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Oh, BoB is awesome. Great choice.

I finally got around to watching the first episode of Sherlock, and it was terrific! Super characters, a lot of sharp wit, and just the right amount of humour.

I am somewhere in the middle of the 2nd season of that show but only got as far as Netflix Canada had before I moved on. I haven't gone back to see what episodes that have added for a while now. Thanks for the reminder.

PrairieDog, The 100 isn't that bad once it gets going. As mentioned, it's nothing special but its not bad either.

Band of Brothers is one of, if not the best, mini-series I have ever watched.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

Band of Brothers is one of, if not the best, mini-series I have ever watched.
    Agreed, but I'll go one step further- Band of Brothers is at the top of my list for all miniseries, movies, and tv shows. Basically, it is my favorite thing I've ever watched.

I too enjoyed Sherlock. Well done and interesting. Enjoy the wit and humor too.

I started watching Salamander recently and while it has subtitles that I don't like, it has been very solid.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I'm curious about this new Walking Dead spin-off... anyone catch the pilot?
    I can see why some people were disappointed with the pilot as there was very little action, and even fewer zombies. However, I think that is exactly how it would be in real life. Nobody is going to believe that zombies are real, and the reaction time of normal people would be slow in realizing what the hell was going on. I am certainly going to give the series a bit of time to get rolling, and am interested in seeing how long humanity takes to begin to figure things out even though I know it will be too late to stop.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I can see why some people were disappointed with the pilot as there was very little action, and even fewer zombies. However, I think that is exactly how it would be in real life. Nobody is going to believe that zombies are real, and the reaction time of normal people would be slow in realizing what the hell was going on. I am certainly going to give the series a bit of time to get rolling, and am interested in seeing how long humanity takes to begin to figure things out even though I know it will be too late to stop.
    My wife kept saying that it isn't as good as Walking Dead. I told her to stop comparing to a different show and just take in what is going on. I liked the first episode and by the end my wife did as well. She did complain that it was shit at about half way in though.

I'm keen for next week to watch the next one.

Dobber Sports Legend

So I started watching the show "Power" on Starz. Burned through 2 seasons onDemand in less than 2 weeks! Really dig it. Can't wait for season 3.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm half way through 2nd season of Ray Donovan... can't say enough good things about this show!

Dobber Sports Ninja

OMG just found out that the new season of Suits has been on since June!!! How is it possible that did I know not about this?!?!

You guys need to keep me informed lol

Administrator

OMG just found out that the new season of Suits has been on since June!!! How is it possible that did I know not about this?!?!

You guys need to keep me informed lol
    This show is like always on and on at the weirdest times. I'm waiting until it's January and there are four hours of daylight and I'm depressed to dive into the new season.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Legend

I'm half way through 2nd season of Ray Donovan... can't say enough good things about this show!
    Ray is my favorite show on TV, period. Wait until you start digging into season 3!
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Deity

I started watching Vikings yesterday. I got most of the way through the first season. That show is pretty impressive as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I started watching Vikings yesterday. I got most of the way through the first season. That show is pretty impressive as well.
    I heard it was a pretty good show too. Never got the time to get to watching it though.