Page 38 of 241 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 48 88 138 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: I need a new show...

Just watched the first couple of episodes of "Bosch", and I like what I see so far. I have heard some say that the writing is really hit and miss for today's standard, and I am not sure how much confidence I have in Amazon to be able to tackle something like this without making a few stumbles, considering their lack of experience in cable television. The cast is really strong, so I am hoping that they can pull it off. Titus Welliver is great as Bosch, and they have some world class actors filling out some of the supporting roles.

I will come back with a more thorough review after I finish the first season. Right now, I am impressed with the first 2 episodes.

Rylant

The Great One

Suits is fun. Not anything crazy groundbreaking- but pretty clever at times- only two episodes in- but seems neat...

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Suits is fun. Not anything crazy groundbreaking- but pretty clever at times- only two episodes in- but seems neat...
    Suits is pretty good. I enjoy it. My life is unchanged by it, but its pretty good telly. I've watched the whole thing so far. Enjoyed the great majority of it.

I gotta say that I am really enjoying Luther. My only gripe is the seasons are so short. You could easily binge watch the entirety of the series in one weekend.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Just watched the first couple of episodes of "Bosch", and I like what I see so far. I have heard some say that the writing is really hit and miss for today's standard, and I am not sure how much confidence I have in Amazon to be able to tackle something like this without making a few stumbles, considering their lack of experience in cable television. The cast is really strong, so I am hoping that they can pull it off. Titus Welliver is great as Bosch, and they have some world class actors filling out some of the supporting roles.

I will come back with a more thorough review after I finish the first season. Right now, I am impressed with the first 2 episodes.

Rylant
    I commented on this show a few pages back. I binged thru the entire season, and really liked it. Have you read any of the books by Michael Connelly which feature Harry as the main character. Connelly is one of the best mystery / police writers out there, and the show was carefully overseen by the author himself.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Ace

Binge watched HOC 3 over a weekend, and to be honest, was somewhat disappointed. The end however, screams for a Season 4.
    League 1: 2021 Dobber Entry (Patrick), Yahoo Roto, 10 Teams
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G start; 5 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, Saves, GAA

Forwards:
    C: Malkin, ROR, Backstrom
    LW: Forsberg, Parise
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, D Brown, Kessel
    Dual Eligibility: Svechnikov, Jamie Benn, Radulov, Domi, Rakell, Pavelski
    Defense: Hamilton, Letang, OEL, Suter, Spurgeon, Girard
    Goalies: Vasilevskyi, Lehner, Mrazek, Reimer

Dobber Sports Ace

A die hard fan of Crime / Detective shows like Blue Bloods, CSI, Criminal Minds and occassional episodes of Law and Order SVU. I am starting to like Madam Secretray as well, although I don't care for Tea Leoni much.
    League 1: 2021 Dobber Entry (Patrick), Yahoo Roto, 10 Teams
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G start; 5 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, Saves, GAA

Forwards:
    C: Malkin, ROR, Backstrom
    LW: Forsberg, Parise
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, D Brown, Kessel
    Dual Eligibility: Svechnikov, Jamie Benn, Radulov, Domi, Rakell, Pavelski
    Defense: Hamilton, Letang, OEL, Suter, Spurgeon, Girard
    Goalies: Vasilevskyi, Lehner, Mrazek, Reimer

Dobber Sports Genius

I was hugely disappointed in HoC season 3. Practically nothing happened. Felt like the entire season was an interlude, and I can't believe it took them 13 episodes to get across what they did. It was still watchable and "good," but only by virtue of the talent on display and the groundwork laid in previous seasons. They dropped the ball in a big way this season, in my opinion. It felt lazy and aimless. I've got specific complaints, but I'll leave it at that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by suvojitde View Post
    A die hard fan of Crime / Detective shows like Blue Bloods, CSI, Criminal Minds and occassional episodes of Law and Order SVU. I am starting to like Madam Secretray as well, although I don't care for Tea Leoni much.
    What's wrong with Tea Leoni? I've always liked her, and she's the prime reason I check in on that show.

Dobber Sports Genius

If it ain't Vikings, it ain't it.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Ninja

Ugh I hate to say it but I'm afraid Vikings is about to take a turn for the worse based on the latest episode.

The season has been awesome so far, but it looks like they are headed down the slippery slope of bringing back old storylines instead of driving the central storyline forward (invasion of Paris and then Rome).

Hopefully the writers don't ruin it by recycling the same theme over and over again (ie: walking dead)... it's among the best on television right now.

Dobber Sports Genius

Meh, you can't be raiding all the time. One or two episodes back home in Kattegat are fine with me. Paris is coming…

I've never watched Walking Dead as I'm not a fan of make believe.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Monster

House of Cards is absolutely fantastic!! Love that show!

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Well... I finished House of Cards Season 3, which did not disappoint.

I'm currently following Walking Dead, Vikings, Suits and Better Call Saul weekly, but it's not enough.

What else have you guys seen lately that's good?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Better Call Saul started out strong, took a bit of a sideways pause for character development (like all shows do), and has now resumed its upward trend.
    Terrific show, although maybe I'm biased because I liked Breaking Bad so much.
    It's interesting though... I've never watched a prequel before so it's weird that you can still be drawn into the conflict a character faces even though you know damn well he's coming out of it unscathed. Seeing "early" Mike and Saul is still awesome though. Odenkirk and Banks should get some Emmy consideration I think, as should Mckean.

I honestly think people who have never seen BB (seriously, though, what are you WAITING for?) would still enjoy Better Call Saul.
    Have you checked out the series Fargo? Only one season so far but they had Bob Odenkirk on there in a strong performance. Also Billy Bob Thornton among others in an excellent cast.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Fargo was excellent. Dark show, very well written and acted, with a lot of perfectly timed humor. Billy Bob Thornton was perfectly cast.

Odenkirk is a very underrated actor.
    I like seeing comics like him, who have seemingly struggled for years, finally get the big break they deserve.

edit: Oh, that's right!!! Season 2 of Fargo is going to be a prequel, forgot about that. Will definitely check that out.
    One of the beautiful things about comedic actors is that so many comedians are built that way because they are coming from a place of pain and they can tap into that when they get into a more serious role.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Star

OK I finished Amazon's Bosch. The first season was 10 episodes long. Overall, I was pleased with it, although there were a few stumbles. I really liked the pace of the show; it was a bit of a slow burn which I appreciated. Think of "True Detective" for similar pacing. If you need something fast paced, you might not appreciate it. I also really apreciated that they don't spoon feed the audience. The acting is top notch, and the writing is good, but not excellent. The show is riddled with police drama cliches, though.

Overall, I was pleased with it and I will definitely watch it if they come out with a second season. I give it a solid 8 out of 10.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

And it looks like Amazon has renewed Bosch for a second season.

http://www.thewrap.com/amazon-renews...-for-season-2/

Rylant