Page 31 of 241 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Don't know if you're still looking, but it's on Hulu. I assume that's available in Canada?

I've been taking a bit of a break from Mad Men. I don't know why, I've just never been able to totally get into this show. I've tried watching it two times before, and this is the furthest I've made it but I'm stalled out again. I like watching it once it's started, but I just can't get really excited about turning it on in the first place.

So instead I'm starting my fiance on Parks and Recreation.
    Cool, I will have to check that out. Thanks for the heads up !
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Those watching Vikings online, I'm curious what your seeing. I have both seasons on DVD, and History Channel filmed two variations of the show. On the DVD they have an option for an extended version which is not cleared for airing on basic cable shall we say. A whole lot more blood and nudity. The nudity isn't done to be sleazy, but is done within the context of the scene. For those that have watched the 'Blood Eagle' episode only as it aired on History, the extended version paints a more gruesome and realistic picture of what happens during that particular punishment.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Those watching Vikings online, I'm curious what your seeing. I have both seasons on DVD, and History Channel filmed two variations of the show. On the DVD they have an option for an extended version which is not cleared for airing on basic cable shall we say. A whole lot more blood and nudity. The nudity isn't done to be sleazy, but is done within the context of the scene. For those that have watched the 'Blood Eagle' episode only as it aired on History, the extended version paints a more gruesome and realistic picture of what happens during that particular punishment.
    I download the torrents since it's not on netflix, so I'm watching the watered down television version.

I heard about the extended versions and would much rather see those, but they're not readily available. The "Blood Eagle" scene was significantly tamed down for television... even though the scene was still very well done (talk about intense!) I may invest some time in finding the extended version of that episode just to see that scene in all of its intended gore.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I can't even tell you how excited I am to put this in my watch queue.
    Nice summary!
    Make sure you have Vikings near the top of your queue as well... that one is MUST watch.

The Great One

I jumped into Weeds (way late to the party :P ). Started very strong imo- but the storyline is getting so convoluted and dumb I miht stop watching- which i almost never do- haha! Totally lost faith in the main characters viability. Dont want to post spoilers but she evolves from an interesting-conflicted-quasi realistic character into basically a cartoon. My gf committed to it- so grinding through it- but interest is really waning.

Also Im sticking with Gotham- despite some very warranted criticism on this thread. Freak of the week stuff is just such a waste but some of the characters have so much potential. Penguin steals this show- would not be surprised if the next movie plays off penguins momentum here- hes way more interesting than I thought hed be.

Ray Donavon was good- but after awhile your not sure if youčre cheering for ray anymore- lmao!

Different type of series- but Brooklyn 99 is some silly fun- Sambergs best role imho.

Lastly- Always Sunny finally airing new episodes and is the best-darkest sitcom i think Ive ever seen...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I jumped into Weeds (way late to the party :P ). Started very strong imo- but the storyline is getting so convoluted and dumb I miht stop watching- which i almost never do- haha! Totally lost faith in the main characters viability.
    Drop Weeds.
    Wife & I pushed ourselves through the entire ALL season.
    Each season is slightly worse than the previous.
    It the first season was 5 stars... the 2nd season was 4 starts... then 3 stars... then 2.5 stars... right down to crap.
    The "Little Boxes" song is like a drug - it pulls you in.
    As soon as the show goes Mexican mafia it becomes a bit silly.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I jumped into Weeds (way late to the party :P ). Started very strong imo- but the storyline is getting so convoluted and dumb I miht stop watching- which i almost never do- haha! Totally lost faith in the main characters viability. Dont want to post spoilers but she evolves from an interesting-conflicted-quasi realistic character into basically a cartoon. My gf committed to it- so grinding through it- but interest is really waning.

Also Im sticking with Gotham- despite some very warranted criticism on this thread. Freak of the week stuff is just such a waste but some of the characters have so much potential. Penguin steals this show- would not be surprised if the next movie plays off penguins momentum here- hes way more interesting than I thought hed be.

Ray Donavon was good- but after awhile your not sure if youčre cheering for ray anymore- lmao!

Different type of series- but Brooklyn 99 is some silly fun- Sambergs best role imho.

Lastly- Always Sunny finally airing new episodes and is the best-darkest sitcom i think Ive ever seen...
    Weeds had a nice two-three season run before going off the rails.

Gotham has officially been axed for me. I just don't trust it.

Always Sunny is great, haven't caught up on last season yet, let alone this season.

Archer is back for those who love that show. And I believe Walking Dead returns next weekend!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Drop Weeds.
    Wife & I pushed ourselves through the entire ALL season.
    Each season is slightly worse than the previous.
    It the first season was 5 stars... the 2nd season was 4 starts... then 3 stars... then 2.5 stars... right down to crap.
    The "Little Boxes" song is like a drug - it pulls you in.
    As soon as the show goes Mexican mafia it becomes a bit silly.
    I figured as much- were in the mafia stuff now- lol! Its not gonna get better is it? :P

Agreed on little boxes- been singing it all damn week- lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Weeds had a nice two-three season run before going off the rails.

Gotham has officially been axed for me. I just don't trust it.

Always Sunny is great, haven't caught up on last season yet, let alone this season.

Archer is back for those who love that show. And I believe Walking Dead returns next weekend!
    Is Walking Dead on that soon? That is exciting!!

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post

!
    This

I love Sunny. Definitely on my Mt Rushmore of sit coms.

The McPoyles, the Maureen Ponderosa Wedding Massacre, Rickity Cricket, ect. ect.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    It's the TV version, there's no nudity in the version I'm watching on Hulu.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Wizard

It's interesting the lengths that History went to, to create the parallel versions. It's also noteworthy because the added blood and gore and nudity don't come across as tacked on for the sheer sake of it. They don't go over the top with it, which is rare for shows in this day and age where it's all about who can go further over the top then the next guy.

It's really well written and acted, case in point like blayze said about the Blood Eagle episode, it's very intense and powerful. And that vibe just builds all the way through the episode slowly.

An overlooked part in creating the vibe on the show is the music. The got a band called Wardruna to provide most, if not all, of the music in the episodes themselves. The band plays music on hand made recreations of the instruments that would have been used in the time of the Norse.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Banned

Peaky Blinders. Hell yeah.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i started watching the wire, watched the first 4 seasons but barely making it through them. i cant see what all the hype is about, im thinking of switching to suits.

Dobber Sports Deity

I am curious if anyone in Canada has signed up for CraveTV instead of Netflix. From what I understand, this is Bell Canada's answer to Netflix but only TV shows, no movies. They seem to have a much better selection as they offer series I havent' seen on either Netflix (CAN or US) like Entourage and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    Peaky Blinders. Hell yeah.
    Nice to hear. I'll have to give it a shot.

First two episodes of this season's Blacklist were rather dull. I have never been that interested in the Meghan Boone character and all this dream recovery story line is boring. I'll probably give this show another episode or two but I am close to finished with it.

The Americans first episode was rather slow. Got the 2nd episode on the DVR for tonight.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov