Page 234 of 240 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: I need a new show...

Gen V- Solid show, acting leaves a bit to be desired though.
    Loki S2- Solid, feeling a bit of Marvel fatigue leaking into the big named titles even now.
    Ballers- I just started watching this, it's a fun show. Kinda indicative of the time it was made of "guys guys get hot girls with no commitment", except that model was dying when the show started. It's like a crappy, NFL oriented Entourage.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sex Ed Season 4 - weaker than all the old seasons.

There's this "woke" trend with some TV shows nowadays... where producers feel they need to incorporate all of these social and political issues into their shows. I saw it in Swagger and now Sex Ed where they literally covered everything including LGBT, bisexuality, Asexuality, rape trauma, employer abuse, dad abandonment, post partum depression - all in one season. It's madness! This show used to be about teens discovering sex and it was really amazing and funny and light hearted, now it's just convuluted, heavy and political.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Muddling my way through the 2nd season of Lincoln Lawyer. Does it pick up at all? I'm getting Dexter vibes.
    I really enjoyed Season 2, even more so then Season 1.
    some of the in-episode plots are not as strong but the season long trial-arch is quite well done in my opinion.
    Further, the procedural steps, arguments, and strategies are as close to believable while still being entertaining as possible for a trial.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Superstar

I like being late to the party... I recently started "Shameless" on Netflix.
    It is a rather old show (ran 2011-2021. sidenote: 2011 being "old" makes me feel "old").

Anyways it is a dark comedy/drama about a family that lives on the rough side of Chicago. The parents are deadbeats to the main character raises her 5 younger children.
    The characters are well written (both main and supporting) and the story archs are strong. The show explores all kinds of different issues people face in the current world.
    The main characters each have their own flaws but are are overall endearing and you end up rooting for each of them in their own way.

it is really different than anything I have seen before on television and I would recommend. I am only on season 3 and not sure if it can support 10 seasons but so far it is quite good.
    Also warning: plenty of nudity, foul language, sex and violence along the way.
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    I like being late to the party... I recently started "Shameless" on Netflix.
    It is a rather old show (ran 2011-2021. sidenote: 2011 being "old" makes me feel "old").

Anyways it is a dark comedy/drama about a family that lives on the rough side of Chicago. The parents are deadbeats to the main character raises her 5 younger children.
    The characters are well written (both main and supporting) and the story archs are strong. The show explores all kinds of different issues people face in the current world.
    The main characters each have their own flaws but are are overall endearing and you end up rooting for each of them in their own way.

it is really different than anything I have seen before on television and I would recommend. I am only on season 3 and not sure if it can support 10 seasons but so far it is quite good.
    Also warning: plenty of nudity, foul language, sex and violence along the way.
    This is the American version with William H Macy right? Not the UK version with Iggy Pop?

Fantastic show! One of my all time favs. Not all seasons are on par with the first few but definitely worth watching the whole series
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Deity

Just finished season one of The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon. It was solid.

I won't lie, I never finished watching the original Walking Dead. I enjoyed the first four-five seasons but by season six, it lost it's luster for me and I never finished it. That being said, I was curious about a spinoff series and it didn't disappoint. Looking forward to season 2.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Just finished season one of The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon. It was solid.

I won't lie, I never finished watching the original Walking Dead. I enjoyed the first four-five seasons but by season six, it lost it's luster for me and I never finished it. That being said, I was curious about a spinoff series and it didn't disappoint. Looking forward to season 2.
    I have the series on my to-watch-list, I didn't want to invest time into it if it got bad reviews so I'm glad it's not a waste of time. I think the idea of changing countries, removing the automatic rifles, and altering the zombies was such a needed change.

I stopped watching WD when Carl died. I was heavily invested into watching him die cause I hated him and when I heard he was going to I hate watched that whole season.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Wife and I just finished House of Usher on Netflix.
    Not good. Do not recommend. Acting is bad. Filming is nauseating.
    Actual scene-by-scene is OK... it has "daytime drama" vibe.
    It is... (though)... like a dumpster-fire/train-wreck in that it could keep somebody engaged.
    As a "background watch" - ie, you are on your phone - it's fine.
    (We constantly found ourselves saying "This is dumb" and "This is super dumb". Honestly. But we still watched, just to see how they would try to play it/tie-it together.)

Somebody with decent budget just said "Let's (very loosely) use a Edgar Allen Poe story (since it's in public domain) and show as many weird deaths in any way we like because we'll have a supernatural never-die/never-age (I wonder who?!?!) character".
    Ooof. I could use those 8 episodes of time back.
    Somehow Metacritics average this out to 74... but the user score of 6.0 is better tell on the actual quality.
    Meh. There's better shows out there right now.

(That said - somebody's gonna say they like this... I think my teenage daughter would call it "good".)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Wife and I just finished House of Usher on Netflix.
    Not good. Do not recommend. Acting is bad. Filming is nauseating.
    Actual scene-by-scene is OK... it has "daytime drama" vibe.
    It is... (though)... like a dumpster-fire/train-wreck in that it could keep somebody engaged.
    As a "background watch" - ie, you are on your phone - it's fine.
    (We constantly found ourselves saying "This is dumb" and "This is super dumb". Honestly. But we still watched, just to see how they would try to play it/tie-it together.)

Somebody with decent budget just said "Let's (very loosely) use a Edgar Allen Poe story (since it's in public domain) and show as many weird deaths in any way we like because we'll have a supernatural never-die/never-age (I wonder who?!?!) character".
    Ooof. I could use those 8 episodes of time back.
    Somehow Metacritics average this out to 74... but the user score of 6.0 is better tell on the actual quality.
    Meh. There's better shows out there right now.

(That said - somebody's gonna say they like this... I think my teenage daughter would call it "good".)
    Funny you mention it... my wife and I literally just started watching it last night. Only 1 episode in, so hard to judge.

Watching Flanagan's annual halloween Netflix series is a big tradition for us... ever since Haunting of Hill House it's been a thing we look forward to this time of year

Sad to say Hill House was by far the best of his Halloween shows and nothing has come close. Midnight Club (last year) was pretty good and I even enjoyed Midnight Mass. The others were meh...

We'll watch it anyway just for Halloween Tradition but sucks to hear it's that bad

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Yuck.

I have finally started Deadwood. A bit late I know....I'm into it.
    Definitely one of my favorites. Al Swearengen might be the greatest Television Character of all time.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    This is the American version with William H Macy right? Not the UK version with Iggy Pop?

Fantastic show! One of my all time favs. Not all seasons are on par with the first few but definitely worth watching the whole series
    Yes the American version. Macy as Frank is just soooo freaking goood. Like the character is an awful, horrible, despicable person, but also rather charming??
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Wife and I watched Shameless... probably seasons 1-7.
    It is a little less interesting each season... but good generally.

What's cool for those starting - is that 'Lip' - went on to star in "The Bear".

It'll be interesting to see the critic reviews for upcoming wrestling movie "The Iron Claw" (about the Von Erich brothers)
    Looks like JAW put on a ton of muscle for his role.

^Jeremy Allen White, top right (Shameless, The Bear)

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Yes the American version. Macy as Frank is just soooo freaking goood. Like the character is an awful, horrible, despicable person, but also rather charming??
    It’a amazing how you can go from absolutely despising him to rooting for him in the run of a season (or even episode at times). It’s a rollercoaster for sure and it continues that way through the entire series.

Unfortunately the show really gives me vibes of my hometown in rural NS which is kind of meth town now. And there’s many similarities in a lot of the people to the characters of the show. Pretty wild actually. Maybe that’s part of the reason I enjoyed the show so much
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Master

Me and the missus finished Drops of God the other day. It was awesome from start to finish. Some would say its about wine tasting, but I'd say its more about family, grief... and wine. Despite that dark description, it is a pretty easy watch. 8 episodes and it ended well.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Me and the missus finished Drops of God the other day. It was awesome from start to finish. Some would say its about wine tasting, but I'd say its more about family, grief... and wine. Despite that dark description, it is a pretty easy watch. 8 episodes and it ended well.
    What platform is that on?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."