Page 230 of 240 FirstFirst ... 130 180 220 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: I need a new show...

Just started watching 'See' last night with Jason Momoa. Episode 1 was enjoyable aside from the stupid "praying" scene, which felt out of place and stupid.

Dobber Sports Sage

We watched the 3 seasons of Righteous Gemstones over the last few weeks and were thoroughly entertained. Not sure what the right genre for the show is- dark comedy, satire, farce- whatever it is, we greatly enjoyed it. The acting was fantastic and the plot was just outrageous. It was the perfect counterbalance as we watched The Last of Us and Station 11 which were also excellent but for very different reasons. If you want something different than a heavy drama, check out Righteous Gemstones.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

FYI, season 2 of Dark Winds is now streaming on AMC. Excellent 1st season so I'm looking forward to S2.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    We watched the 3 seasons of Righteous Gemstones over the last few weeks and were thoroughly entertained. Not sure what the right genre for the show is- dark comedy, satire, farce- whatever it is, we greatly enjoyed it. The acting was fantastic and the plot was just outrageous. It was the perfect counterbalance as we watched The Last of Us and Station 11 which were also excellent but for very different reasons. If you want something different than a heavy drama, check out Righteous Gemstones.
    I read the Station 11 book and quite liked it (also enjoyed Sea of Tranquility by her and it was an interesting "sort of" sci-fi book in the same way that Station 11 was a "sort-of" post apocalyptic book for me) Tried the tv show but it didn't work as well for me. May need to give it another go at some point.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I read the Station 11 book and quite liked it (also enjoyed Sea of Tranquility by her and it was an interesting "sort of" sci-fi book in the same way that Station 11 was a "sort-of" post apocalyptic book for me) Tried the tv show but it didn't work as well for me. May need to give it another go at some point.
    Station 11 is unique and very different than anything I've ever seen. Some of the episodes just blew me away and then you'd start watching the next episode and it was a completely different arc. But the ending was very satisfying along with a culminating scene in the last episode that was extremely moving.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Yeah. Give consider giving it another go.
    I read the book - loved it.
    Watched the show - loved it... maybe more.
    I thought what they did with the "Prophet" in the show was a better spin than the book. [Prophet doesn't come into play until 2nd half of both, IIRC.]
    The conclusion was great in the show - I'd go so far as to say it was a little better than the book.
    [Not discrediting the book - obv, that set the stage. But sometimes TV shows do improve on things from written story - and I think this one did.]

The actor that played Jeevan - especially with his brother, Frank - brought out greater feelings (for me) in the TV show, than the book.
    The book was excellent - but some of the character arcs went "too wide" (IMO).
    I thought the show tightened everything a bit more and used the visible world to really great effect.

9.5/10 book
    9.8/10 show

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Yeah. Give consider giving it another go.
    I read the book - loved it.
    Watched the show - loved it... maybe more.
    I thought what they did with the "Prophet" in the show was a better spin than the book. [Prophet doesn't come into play until 2nd half of both, IIRC.]
    The conclusion was great in the show - I'd go so far as to say it was a little better than the book.
    [Not discrediting the book - obv, that set the stage. But sometimes TV shows do improve on things from written story - and I think this one did.]

The actor that played Jeevan - especially with his brother, Frank - brought out greater feelings (for me) in the TV show, than the book.
    The book was excellent - but some of the character arcs went "too wide" (IMO).
    I thought the show tightened everything a bit more and used the visible world to really great effect.

9.5/10 book
    9.8/10 show
    I enjoyed the book, but more in the 7.5-8 range - you REALLY liked it! Hearing that the ending is better in the show has me intrigued. Guess I'll swing back to it when I have some time.

Dobber Sports Master

we're not renewing crave tv (which is also where canucks get hbo) so the wife decided to give Disney + a whirl .

I watched the Alien movie franchise (especially like the prequels Prometheus and Covenant )

they have MASH entire series so thats a quick 22 minutes for a few laughs .

Dobber Sports Titan

I watched a couple of things (also can't remember if I posted it already).

Painkiller - This is on Netflix and it's about Oxy's. It is pretty much the same story as Dopesick on Disney+ but worse. It's still good, but there's nothing really new about it. They were different takes on the same story, but Painkiller had a "Big Short" vibe to it. Like a bad situation with a lighter view on it. Painkiller was filmed in Hamilton, and it made me laugh that they chose Modern East End Hamilton to depict 2000s Rural West Virginia lol. They drove past Shortys/1101 Convenience/Osten House (Now Bernies) and I had to pause it and make sure it was there. Then I couldn't stop seeing Hamilton landmarks.

The Volcano: Rescue from Whakaari - It's about the 2020 volcano eruption in New Zealand during a tourist visit. It's a sad one. Worth a watch, but give some time between when you watch it and go on vacation.

Aftershock: Everest and Nepal Earthquake - It's about the 2015(?) earthquake, and it's not as good as The Volcano but it's good.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Finished Lincoln Lawyer the other night. Love that show. Looking forward to next season already.

Watched the first episode of Dark Winds the other night. Great start to this season.

I still have to get around to starting the final season of Jack Ryan but I don't want that one to end.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Binged Only Murders in the Building on Disney+ to get caught up for the 3rd season. Really fun show. Martin Short and Steve Martin still have it, and Selena Gomez rounds out the main characters surprisingly well. It's got that Clue vibe, a zany but endearing murder mystery. It also does what the best comedies do and fleshes out the whacky side characters over time. At 30 minutes an episode and 10 episodes a season it's not a burdensome watch.

The first two episodes of season 3 are out, and the next two drop tonight. The next few weeks would be a good time to get caught up if you're like me and had been sleeping on this one.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Binged Only Murders in the Building on Disney+ to get caught up for the 3rd season. Really fun show. Martin Short and Steve Martin still have it, and Selena Gomez rounds out the main characters surprisingly well. It's got that Clue vibe, a zany but endearing murder mystery. It also does what the best comedies do and fleshes out the whacky side characters over time. At 30 minutes an episode and 10 episodes a season it's not a burdensome watch.

The first two episodes of season 3 are out, and the next two drop tonight. The next few weeks would be a good time to get caught up if you're like me and had been sleeping on this one.
    That one is on my list too

Dobber Sports Superstar

I have finished Lincoln Lawyer Season 1 and first half of Season 2...
    Very enjoyable. The Drama in Season 1 was good and the main case had some interesting components.

Season 2 the main case was even better and the in-court strategies, exchanges etc. were rather realistic in my opinion.
    Certainly a good show overall, I cannot wait for Season 2, Part 2.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Immortal

Started Slow Horses and I frigging love it so far.

Dobber Sports Stud

has anyone watched Dave on FX? About the guy who thinks he is a rapper?

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft