Page 219 of 240 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 229 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: I need a new show...

A few more:

The Consultant (didn’t mind it)
    Hunters S2
    A spy among friends (on EP 3, love spy stuff)
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Star

Excited to see the return of Succession. I hear the first few episodes of Season 4 are brilliant.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Deity

If you enjoy reality shows like Survivor or Alone, check out Outlast on Netflix. It's more like Alone but with teams and a lot of greasy/dirty play.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If you enjoy reality shows like Survivor or Alone, check out Outlast on Netflix. It's more like Alone but with teams and a lot of greasy/dirty play.
    Oooh, I've heard this is really good, like a blend of Survivor and Alone.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

Anyone on here talk about The Bear on Disney+ yet? I thoroughly enjoyed this quick 8 episode romp into a fictionalized small restaurant. They put it in the comedy section but while there's some humour it is definitely more of a drama.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Oooh, I've heard this is really good, like a blend of Survivor and Alone.
    Almost Lord of the Flies too.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Anyone on here talk about The Bear on Disney+ yet? I thoroughly enjoyed this quick 8 episode romp into a fictionalized small restaurant. They put it in the comedy section but while there's some humour it is definitely more of a drama.
    I thought it was great, Jeff.

Dobber Sports Titan

It's actually crazy accurate too for a kitchen. All the actors learned knife skills, and it's them cutting and not a stand it.

It's accurate to the point where prep containers are used for water. It's those things that make the show.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Stud

I worked in top tier restaurants in NYC and this is as close as it gets to feeling what its like to work in a kitchen.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Administrator

Good to hear about how closely The Bear adhered to real restaurant operations. I find that stuff fascinating. I only ever worked fast food so my food service experience was a little different from this.

Dobber Sports Titan

There's an episode that's a one take the whole episode, it does an amazing job projecting the claustrophobia feeling a kitchen can have when the pressure ramps up. People who are trying new things and possibly having their excitement crushed. The new blood in a kitchen wanting to make things better. Old blood refusing to change. It's all so good.

The long takes, and fast cuts...chefs kiss. The cinematography is so good. There's so many close shots on the actor talking, but stuff in the foreground creates a cramped feeling. The layering of problems that are happening is so real. Every minor problem relates to the main problem (money). So underrated.

The only thing that isn't realistic is the lack of sexual relations between front of house and back of house. But the development of platonic relations throughout the restaurant is so refreshing so I get that change.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    There's an episode that's a one take the whole episode, it does an amazing job projecting the claustrophobia feeling a kitchen can have when the pressure ramps up. People who are trying new things and possibly having their excitement crushed. The new blood in a kitchen wanting to make things better. Old blood refusing to change. It's all so good.

The long takes, and fast cuts...chefs kiss. The cinematography is so good. There's so many close shots on the actor talking, but stuff in the foreground creates a cramped feeling. The layering of problems that are happening is so real. Every minor problem relates to the main problem (money). So underrated.

The only thing that isn't realistic is the lack of sexual relations between front of house and back of house. But the development of platonic relations throughout the restaurant is so refreshing so I get that change.
    This is so spot on. Also, when i was cooking at a high level there was an abundance of drugs and alcohol everywhere in the kitchen and on the floor.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

The Great One

I loved The Bear.

Whole time I kept thinking it could have been Lip deciding to become a world-famous chef...he was so smart that if he ever actually dedicated to himself to the craft, he could have done. It really could have been the same character, imo.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

Episode 7 was shot in one sequence. It was great. I still yell out the line "I got stabbed!" from time to time.

Dobber Sports Deity

Really enjoying The Night Agent on Netflix. I'm a fan of these action TV shows and halfway through, this one hasn't disappointed.