Page 197 of 241 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 207 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3605

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Started We Own The City yesterday and got instantly hooked. Love this show!!!

Reminds me of a modern version of the Wire.
    I loved the Wire! But it seems We Own The City is on HBO, which I don't have.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    The Lincoln Lawyer - I'm four episodes into it and not sure I want to continue. Kinda curious where the story goes but at the same time don't like certain parts of it. Like why the heck would an apparently smart man (rich tech guy on trial for double murder) not understand that one week is just not enough time for a new lawyer who just picked up the case to get prepared for the trial for him to receive the best legal defence and why does the lawyer not try to explain to him the importance of being prepared for a trial but gives up pretty quickly after a lame reason is given. And the death of the PI guy was so predictable and formulaic and completely unrealistic. Also, I didn't realize that 90% of judges and prosecutors in L.A. are African American. It seems that the woke craziness has hit the Lincoln Lawyer casting in full force.
    Keep watching. It all comes out in the wash.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

I loved the Wire! But it seems We Own The City is on HBO, which I don't have.
    I'm excited to catch up on this show the next time I scoop up a month's worth of Crave, where you can get all the HBO stuff in Canada.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I'm excited to catch up on this show the next time I scoop up a month's worth of Crave, where you can get all the HBO stuff in Canada.
    Crave is hands down better than Netflix. And it's significantly cheaper.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I have Netflix and Amazon Prime, the latter not for the media content but I'm getting that as a bonus as part of the subscription. That's enough for me. There is only so much time I want to spend on watching shows or movies. Might consider swapping Netflix for something else but there is still enough decent content to keep me satisfied with it.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Keep watching. It all comes out in the wash.
    Finished it. Meh. Not convincing at all. That's a pretty flimsy reason to kill a lawyer and then try to kill another one (don't want to reveal too much for those who haven't watched it). I think I'll file this one in the "don't care about future seasons category".

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    I'm 4 episodes into the new season of Peaky Blinders and it's not what I was expecting. I'll finish the last 2 episodes before passing judgement on it, but I'll say that so far it just doesn't even seem like the same show.
    Finally got around to finishing the last two episodes of the final season and they took a turn for the better. The finale was one of the - if not the best finales to a show I've watched. More than compensated for the lackluster first half of the season.

Great ending to a great series.

Dobber Sports Deity

Finished it. Meh. Not convincing at all. That's a pretty flimsy reason to kill a lawyer and then try to kill another one (don't want to reveal too much for those who haven't watched it). I think I'll file this one in the "don't care about future seasons category".
    Fair enough. I quite enjoyed it. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

If anyone grew up listening to pop music in the 90s, This Is Pop on Netflix is enjoying.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Fair enough. I quite enjoyed it. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

If anyone grew up listening to pop music in the 90s, This Is Pop on Netflix is enjoying.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I enjoyed Lincoln Lawyer. Really enjoyed the court sessions and how they played out.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Deity

Has anyone watched The Terminal List on Prime yet?

Dobber Sports Deity

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    I enjoyed Lincoln Lawyer. Really enjoyed the court sessions and how they played out.
    Agreed. I also like how they added the conversations with Izzy explaining the process and his intentions. I thought it was creatively done.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    No, but I'm eager to check it out. I am an avid reader of the book series and Chris Pratt is awesome.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    No, but I'm eager to check it out. I am an avid reader of the book series and Chris Pratt is awesome.
    Ya, this one is next in my queue.