Page 178 of 240 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 188 228 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: I need a new show...

Hit and Run. Netflix. Watch it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Just starting Locke & Key which is filmed about half an hour down the road from me. Interesting concept so far and characters are pretty engaging. Love picking out the landmarks and places I know in it too.
    Binged both seasons of this in a week as I was sick. I never watch that much tv but found this absolutely addicting. May even pick up the graphic novels it was based on. Highly recommend this show!

Dobber Sports Icon

Watched the first episode of the 4400 reboot on Showcase last night. It’s definitely showing a lot of potential. Seems to be super focused on race issues and it’s a great concept to explore that.

Also really enjoying the juxtaposition of people being returned in 2021 when the world is so different due to the pandemic. I wasn’t expecting them to work that into the story. At first I was disappointed because I watch TV to escape reality. But I think it really has the potential to add to this story

Dobber Sports Icon

Been watching The Dark Side of The Ring, on Crave the last couple of nights. Recommend it for any (even former) wrestling fan especially those of us who are 35+.

Just finished the 2 part episodes on Chris Benoit and didn’t expect to be hit so hard by it. It was such a tragedy and the show does a great job at telling the story of Benoit without glorifying him after such a heinous act.

The first season had some great episodes highlighting Macho Man and the Montreal Screwjob. But season 2 with the episodes on Benoit is what really sold me. Looking forward to the ones on Owen Hart and Brian Pullman in particular as I continue to watch.

Dobber Sports Titan

Big Mouth season 5, first episode was funny, 2nd was not as funny but still good. Fear it's gotten stale, as the premises can only last so long.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Star

Definitely interested in what the do with The Wheel of Time (Nov 19, Amazon) and Hawkeye (Nov 24, Disney).

I am nervous that Amazon is just jumping on with The Wheel of Time because of the success of Game of Thrones, but who knows. It definitely has the potential to be brilliant, or brutal.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

Watched the first episode of The Wheel of Time. It was pretty good. I am cautiously optimistic as the books were brilliant. I hope Amazon doesn't try to turn it into Game of Thrones.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Watched the first episode of The Wheel of Time. It was pretty good. I am cautiously optimistic as the books were brilliant. I hope Amazon doesn't try to turn it into Game of Thrones.

Rylant
    I heard that's exactly what they're trying to do lol. I will give it a try for sure.

Right now I'm still watching Downton Abbey. I still don't know why.

Dobber Sports Deity

Been watching The Dark Side of The Ring, on Crave the last couple of nights. Recommend it for any (even former) wrestling fan especially those of us who are 35+.

Just finished the 2 part episodes on Chris Benoit and didn’t expect to be hit so hard by it. It was such a tragedy and the show does a great job at telling the story of Benoit without glorifying him after such a heinous act.

The first season had some great episodes highlighting Macho Man and the Montreal Screwjob. But season 2 with the episodes on Benoit is what really sold me. Looking forward to the ones on Owen Hart and Brian Pullman in particular as I continue to watch.

Love the old school wrestling stories so I will definitely go check this out! Thanks!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Looking forward to trying Netflix' Cowboy Bebop adaptation tonight. It's gotten lousy reviews but I think it looks fun. I typically don't like any anime, mostly because I find the overly-sexual cartoon characters off-putting. Cowboy Bebop is one I like though despite Faye Valentine being the perfect example of something I dislike about anime. It's a cool jazz-infused, sci-fi noir that's self-aware of the tropes it uses without winking at the camera about it. I doubt I'll find the actress who plays this version of Faye as off-putting as the cartoon one as well.

I'm also looking forward to the Hawkeye series as well. Jeremy Renner hasn't done anything with the character to write home about but the comic run the show is largely based on, by Matt Fraction and David Aja, is hand down my favourite run of any Marvel series.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Narcos; Mexico season 3, and Yellowstone season 4. But one show I don't understand why I punish myself for watching is Curse of Oak Island S9. Sure taking their sweet ass time finding that damn treasure.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Narcos; Mexico season 3, and Yellowstone season 4. But one show I don't understand why I punish myself for watching is Curse of Oak Island S9. Sure taking their sweet ass time finding that damn treasure.
    NS Govt keeps them scrambling LOL!

I dont think they will find much treasure but they sure are uncovering some interesting history none the less.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    NS Govt keeps them scrambling LOL!

I dont think they will find much treasure but they sure are uncovering some interesting history none the less.
    I live 20 minutes from Oak Island and just can't get into that show for some reason. Strange since I was fascinated by Oak Island as a kid and can remember visiting "The Money Pit" when it was literally just a collapsed mine shaft that you looked at from up top behind an old wooden fence.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Deity

I live 20 minutes from Oak Island and just can't get into that show for some reason. Strange since I was fascinated by Oak Island as a kid and can remember visiting "The Money Pit" when it was literally just a collapsed mine shaft that you looked at from up top behind an old wooden fence.
    Im just outside Halifax but grew up in the Annapolis Valley. I love the show myself. I hate some of the dramatics from the announcer but it is what it is. "Could it be.....???" LOL!

I've always been fascinated by Oak Island as well. Tried getting on a tour but they are sold out months in advance and with my work, I never know when I'll be around most months so I cant really book early like that. The closest I've been to being on the island is by kayak when the wife and I stayed at the Oak Island Inn a few years back.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Just wait for the Planeride from Hell episode. Wild stuff.