Page 176 of 240 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 186 226 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: I need a new show...

Ted Lasso newest episode comment...Nate is off the rails.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Initiate

You want a high quality show? Apple's next attempt at the "BIG THING" is Foundation and it doesn't disappoint!
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Veteran

All or Nothing : Toronto Maple Leafs is out now too (prime).
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15144592/

Dobber Sports Deity

Finished Season 1 of Ted Lasso. Awesome.

Almost done the 1st Season of For All Mankind. Another stellar show (no pun intended).

I am about to start Season 2 of Into The Night. I really liked the 1st Season so not sure if I will enjoy the 2nd season as much. You've got me tempted on Squid Game after reading the comments here though.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

Squid game was awesome. Great recommendation thx.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Ninja

I personally don't think Squid Game is anything remotely like Hunger Games (other than the fact that they're both "games"). That's an insult to Squid Game which is on another level.

Hunger Games is a kid series...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^Well - that can be your opinion. But I think you'll be on a small island.

Hunger Games is well done. Both the books (all of which I've read) and the movies (all of which I've seen).
    [The latest Snakes & whatevers was not good... I read that).

Hunger Games is an inclusion on a BBC list of 100 novels that shaped our world:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_li...ring%22_novels

Both Squid Game, As the Gods Will, and Hunger Games are said to be rooted off Battle Royale.
    They are all recommended together if you search "____ like Squid Game".
    https://www.insider.com/movies-shows...d-squid-game-5

So... it's same genre. Fight to the death, one big winner for one tremendous prize, alliances vs. enemies and eventually needing to consider double-crossing a "friend".
    All the same.

The producer of Squid Game said he started working on this in 2008 - which is when Hunger Games was released... and 8 years after Battle Royale.
    Production has come a long way from 1950s Lord of the Flies to 1980s Running Man to 2000s Hunger Games... to this.
    Production is always getting better.

Easy to piggyback off past concepts.

(Fun thing that my wife, only, can verify. About 15 years ago - I said to her "Somebody should make a movie called '100 Gym'. About 100 people that get locked in a gymnasium together. That's it. That's the story - it shapes itself."
    So we are watching Squid Game in the time-for-bed scene... and I look at her, and she looks at me... and we both say "100 Gym". I felt proud.)

Dobber Sports Immortal

I'd watch 100 Gym. Unless the lights were constantly flickering...that was tough to watch.

Anyways.....I've started All or Nothing.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Enjoyed Many Saints of Newark. Man Uncle June realllly holds grudges. Wow.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well I didn't enjoy Squid Game considering the hype. I typically like this sort of stuff, seen many Korean products but this felt forced and the relationship dynamics near the end were weak and also forced. I mentioned it to a irl friend who watches what seems like every show and he recommended I watch 3% instead https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4922804/. Anyone seen it?

Still working my way thru the last couple episodes of Bear Town and then I will watch the Leafs show for some epicaricacy.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Manhunt season 2 is freaking fantastic! Season 1 was dealing with a hunt for Unibomber, season 2 is all about hunt for Atlanta Olympic games 1996 bomber and a raw deal that a number one suspect got, Richard Jewell ( Clint Eastwood movie just came out a couple of years back about Jewell but it never touched the hunt for a real bomber while this mini series does). For those not familiar with either seasons, no its not a documentary but nevertheless all based on true events. I can't get enough of this types of shows, haha

Dobber Sports Master

its been out for awhile on netflix but I'm getting a good laugh out of the series Santa Clarita Diet with Drew Barrymore / Timothy Olyphant

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Well I didn't enjoy Squid Game considering the hype. I typically like this sort of stuff, seen many Korean products but this felt forced and the relationship dynamics near the end were weak and also forced. I mentioned it to a irl friend who watches what seems like every show and he recommended I watch 3% instead https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4922804/. Anyone seen it?

Still working my way thru the last couple episodes of Bear Town and then I will watch the Leafs show for some epicaricacy.
    I got completely hooked on 3% through the first season, haven't watched the subsequent ones because life haha, but a well done show for sure

edit-------

But full disclosure I thought Squid game was really well done also, so no guarantee our likes line up unfortunately
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex71 View Post
    Manhunt season 2 is freaking fantastic! Season 1 was dealing with a hunt for Unibomber, season 2 is all about hunt for Atlanta Olympic games 1996 bomber and a raw deal that a number one suspect got, Richard Jewell ( Clint Eastwood movie just came out a couple of years back about Jewell but it never touched the hunt for a real bomber while this mini series does). For those not familiar with either seasons, no its not a documentary but nevertheless all based on true events. I can't get enough of this types of shows, haha
    Thanks for the tip. I didn't know this came out. I liked the show on Unibomber as well. Evergreen Park, where the Unibomber is from, is the area I hung out in during my high school years.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think Squid Game is more like the Japanese novel - 'Battle Royale' - where there's also an online debate (an old one) that Suzan Collins Hunger Games is a rip-off of Battle Royale.

Common theme between Squid Game & Battle Royale - participants are chosen by game operators and not given a knowing choice to enter. They're also both gassed before getting there. some clear differences as well.

Battle Royale and Hunger Games share a deeper societal impact (within the film) whereas Squid appears to be some rich guy having fun at the expense of others (after 4 episodes)

Running Man I think is a better comparable to Squid Game then Hunger Games
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4