Page 168 of 240 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 178 218 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: I need a new show...

I know this is from a couple years ago but I started the Leftovers last night. Very interesting. I can see from using Penguin7's favorite site, Metacritic, that the 3rd season is very highly rated. Anything else on HBO Max that I need to watch during the month we have it? Obviously, I have watched the class HBO shows such as GOT, The Wire, True Blood, Sopranos, ect...
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I know this is from a couple years ago but I started the Leftovers last night. Very interesting. I can see from using Penguin7's favorite site, Metacritic, that the 3rd season is very highly rated. Anything else on HBO Max that I need to watch during the month we have it? Obviously, I have watched the class HBO shows such as GOT, The Wire, True Blood, Sopranos, ect...
    I thought season 3 was by far the worst while season 2 is up there with my favorite seasons of all time.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I thought season 3 was by far the worst while season 2 is up there with my favorite seasons of all time.
    I look forward to binging it now that hockey is over.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thankfully Virgin River is finally back so my wife can get lost in that for a week or so.
    You just want her to get out of your hair.... Make sure she doesn't know you post in here.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Just finished Season one of Black Summer on Netflix last night. I'm normally not a big zombie guy but this show kept me hooked from the start. On to season two this weekend.
    I used to be a big fan of zombie shows but 6 repetitive seasons of Walking Dead literally killed the entire genre for me lol. Don't think I can ever watch a zombie anything for the rest of my life...

In other news I am shamelessly binging Too Hot to Handle Season 2.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I used to be a big fan of zombie shows but 6 repetitive seasons of Walking Dead literally killed the entire genre for me lol. Don't think I can ever watch a zombie anything for the rest of my life...
    That’s a sad story. The zombie apocalypse is one of my favourite horror genres however The Walking Dead did everything so horribly, I try not to let it taint my view. Hopefully it didn’t ruin you forever on them.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post

s3 of the Leftovers is a bit like when a great/favourite band takes their music in a new direction.
    At first... you're like "WTF is this... this is not what I was expecting..."
    And with time you're like "Shit... that was good... that was a really good shift."

Personally, I loved season 3 of the Leftovers - but one may need/want to prepare themselves for a shift.
    Because it's different from s1 and s2, for sure.

The actress that plays Nora Durst (Carrie Coon) really excels in s3.
    She has a few scene that really make you feel her world.
    There is one specific scene in one of the last few episodes... and its mostly just talking...
    I still remember the "feel" that came out of that - it can be extrapolated to how we feel about parts of life sometimes... at least, it resonated for me.
    I shant say more than that.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    You just want her to get out of your hair.... Make sure she doesn't know you post in here.
    Haha she definitely doesn't. I'm certain.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    A healthy dose of Dod Sno will fix you right up.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Yellowstone reminds me of Succession but with horses.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports All-Star

Just finished Yellowstone. Looks like 3 more seasons to come. S4 in November, filming S5 soon then finished in S6. Can’t wait and thx to all who recommended the show.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    s3 of the Leftovers is a bit like when a great/favourite band takes their music in a new direction.
    At first... you're like "WTF is this... this is not what I was expecting..."
    And with time you're like "Shit... that was good... that was a really good shift."

Personally, I loved season 3 of the Leftovers - but one may need/want to prepare themselves for a shift.
    Because it's different from s1 and s2, for sure.

The actress that plays Nora Durst (Carrie Coon) really excels in s3.
    She has a few scene that really make you feel her world.
    There is one specific scene in one of the last few episodes... and its mostly just talking...
    I still remember the "feel" that came out of that - it can be extrapolated to how we feel about parts of life sometimes... at least, it resonated for me.
    I shant say more than that.
    Sounds good. This is the first drama I have watched in a long time and I kinda forgot how impactful a show can be. I'm midway through season 1 and already a couple scenes have really moved me. The seen of Nora meeting Wayne and the scene of the Guilty Remnant woman in the woods were very strong. I literally had to get up and walk out of the room with the woman in the woods since it was so disturbing. Personally, I had been watching only sports and soft sit coms during this pandemic. I think just the stress of the pandemic and my family suffering a major loss made me not want to watch anything heavy. But this feels good to get back to watching powerful television that makes you think about it the next day. Good stuff.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I am enjoying Death Street. It's more of a three-movie anthology vs. a tv series. Don't let the idea that it's based on R.L. Stine books scare you. It's from his darker and more adult stuff vs. his Goosebumps variety.

Great editing, writing is half-decent, awesome soundtrack and score, and the pacing keeps you interested. And the final girls are cute!
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Halfway thru S1 of the Leftovers and it’s ok so far. The wife/ ex wife of the chief of police is a very annoying character. I know he cheated on her but did she lose a baby to the “disappearance”? A lot of hurting going on right now. Oh well onward and upward.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah... the three seasons of Leftovers go 65(s1), 80(s2), 98(s3).
    I remember s1 was a bit of a grind in the middle... dragged for a few episodes while the girls were with the white-group and not talking much...
    IIRC, it ends s1 strong and s2 has a lot more intrigue.