Page 167 of 240 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 177 217 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: I need a new show...

Started watching Manifest on Netflix - decent show, 7/10

Recently finished Snow Piercer. Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. 8/10

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Wife & I will definitely have to try these.

re: Yellowstone, I've heard that it has gained strength with seasons... and I saw several NHL players list it in their "what were you watching during COVID" segment. Articles on internet suggest it got lost by viewers after a sort of low-rank of the opening season. But I love to hear these reviews. And I'm a huge Costner fan. He fits certain roles SO well.

re: Halt & Catch Fire. I admit, I didn't give this show a chance because there was a few start-up/internet/tech shows around 2014 and I chose to jump on Silicon Valley and something else.
    Unfortunately, I snob my nose up at any shows south of 70... so I think I missed giving this show and Yellowstone (s1: 54) a chance when they came out.
    But this show has Metacritic rankings of 69, 73, 83, 92 from s1 to s4... so that show amazing incline!

Thanks!

Wife and I just finished a Swedish show called "The Drowning" - had to sign up for some streaming service. It was OK... 3.5/5 stars. You have to watch subtitles.

I've watched Bo Burnham's "Inside" three times now! Oh man, I love this guy. The little inclusions of his real world in between takes... it really gets you. It makes the rest more real. Sort of the whole "what was left on the cutting room floor". Probably my favourite thing I've watched in the past year or two. In between watchings, I went back and watched his Netflix special from 2015/2016 ish. Younger Bo Burnham, good stuff. Same room/door in end take, I believe.

My 11 year old kid has been into zombies... so I'm rewatching Walking Dead with her late at night. Good father/daughter bonding... and nice to be able to say "You're going to want to catch this next part!".

Looking forward to the new Ted Lasso, s2. Nice easy watch - will lace in well with Summer Olympics in the next few weeks.
    Have you checked out Black Summer on Netflix yet? I just started it and while I'm not a big zombie show fan, I'm actually enjoying this one so far.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Have you checked out Black Summer on Netflix yet? I just started it and while I'm not a big zombie show fan, I'm actually enjoying this one so far.
    Thanks! We may try it out.
    I feel like she's burning out on TWD - near end of s3... which is roughly where I burned out on that show.

We recently watched Zombieland and Zombieland2 movies together - fun bonding!
    The violence and gore doesn't bother her.

We watched the first episode of a STARZ show called "Ash vs Evil Dead" last night.
    I don't love the stand-up doggie-style sex scene in the first 10min (to which my daughter said "Wow - what's up with the butt spanking?!"... but after that, she was super into it.
    Sort of one of those quirky, black comedy, horror shows that doesn't take itself to seriously... really liked episode 1.
    The fight scenes are really fun to watch!

Dobber Sports Master

is netflix worth it ? we recently bought a few roku's for the non smart tv's in the house and utilize our Crave account thru Bell . I like crime docs but feels like I've gone through everything that crave offers in that regard.

Dobber Sports Expert

I don't watch them myself but from what I can judge by my wife's viewing habits, Netflix literally has an infinite amount of crime docs.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I don't watch them myself but from what I can judge by my wife's viewing habits, Netflix literally has an infinite amount of crime docs.
    Lots of crime docs on Netflix for sure. I know because thats one thing the wife and I watch a lot of too.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

“Mare of Easttown” Pretty enjoyable slow burner dark crime drama, just how I like them. I haven’t seen Kate Winslet in anything since Titanic many moons ago. What an incredible actress she is. Almost feels like she’s not acting but living her role. So good!

Started to watch Bosch season 7. If you’re a fan of a show, you know what to expect. Nothing beats season 1 but still very enjoyable crime drama.

Want to check out “Black Summer “. Not a biggest fan of zombies but the cold winter settings add that dark and grim atmosphere that may pull me in

Dobber Sports Icon

Mr Mercedes.

Stuck with it through the initial 15 mins and now I’m hooked.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Started watching Manifest on Netflix - decent show, 7/10

Recently finished Snow Piercer. Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. 8/10
    I'll second Manifest, after a few episodes you get hooked, decent.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Deity

Just finished Season one of Black Summer on Netflix last night. I'm normally not a big zombie guy but this show kept me hooked from the start. On to season two this weekend.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Just ended S1 of “See”. Pretty good, Momoa is a savage in this. Now starting Yellowstone. So far so good.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Veteran

Enjoy Yellowstone. Stick with season 1. Then it becomes can’t miss. Finishing up season 3 tonight. Cheers
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Enjoy Yellowstone. Stick with season 1. Then it becomes can’t miss. Finishing up season 3 tonight. Cheers
    Thanks, don’t mess with them ranchers. Lovin it so far.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Initiate

Gangs of London, Resident Alien, Sweet Tooth, the Bodyguard, Two Weeks to Live, Bloods, the Boys, Loki, Lovecraft Country, Noughts & Crosses, What We Do in the Shadows, Truth Seekers, and Watchmen are my favourite shows these past few years and I recommend them all. <3
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Thankfully Virgin River is finally back so my wife can get lost in that for a week or so.