Page 155 of 240 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 165 205 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Alright..... What an amazing ending to Mando
    Really liked the last two episodes. Could've done without the janky CGI though, the voice, weapon, and costume along with quality shot framing would've been more effective I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    I heard. Finishing it tonight. Twitter has spoiled some of it for me, but that's all good. Despite a bit of a slow start, I've really enjoyed each episode.
    Just a heads up. There's an after credits scene if that hasn't been spoiled for you.

Dobber Sports Deity

Just finished the Netflix series "The Mess You Leave Behind".

It's an Italian show dubbed over but I really liked this. Good thriller.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Alright..... What an amazing ending to Mando
    This is the way.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    Started watching Rectify a couple weeks ago now I can’t stop. Gets off a bit slow but the storyline kept me hooked for some reason. Give it a go.
    I'm watching this, based on your recommendation. "Gets off a bit slow" is putting it mildly. I almost gave up on it a few times. The first season is only 6 episodes, and I just finished the season finale. I will admit that, like you, I'm now hooked, but it was a close call. I really struggled to get through the first 4.5 episodes. While I'm typing this I'm watching the first episode of season 2. I hope it sustains my interest going forward, now that I've grown somewhat of an attachment to the characters.

To anyone else who starts this series, be more prepared than I was. It is REALLY slow at the start, and truthfully doesn't ever get much faster (in terms of the plot), but it is a "slow burn", character-driven series, and the premise of the story is incredibly-appealing (at least to me). There's something about a good-old unsolved mystery that I enjoy. As I'm watching this, my brain is struggling to figure it all out. And the underlying political and social commentary is what raises this show to a level worth watching, imo.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I'm watching this, based on your recommendation. "Gets off a bit slow" is putting it mildly. I almost gave up on it a few times. The first season is only 6 episodes, and I just finished the season finale. I will admit that, like you, I'm now hooked, but it was a close call. I really struggled to get through the first 4.5 episodes. While I'm typing this I'm watching the first episode of season 2. I hope it sustains my interest going forward, now that I've grown somewhat of an attachment to the characters.

To anyone else who starts this series, be more prepared than I was. It is REALLY slow at the start, and truthfully doesn't ever get much faster (in terms of the plot), but it is a "slow burn", character-driven series, and the premise of the story is incredibly-appealing (at least to me). There's something about a good-old unsolved mystery that I enjoy. As I'm watching this, my brain is struggling to figure it all out. And the underlying political and social commentary is what raises this show to a level worth watching, imo.

You peaked my interest on this show so I went to IMDB to look for more info. The show ended in 2016, so I am curious what Network are you watching this on? (Netflix?, Prime?, etc)

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Wife and I are into Season 4 of Big Mouth (animated) on Netflix.
    Usually... usually... I find that the reviews on this thread are bang on with what we will enjoy.
    But... I will say... I can't say that's reciprocal... I don't think animation about pre-pub/pubescent kids is for everybody.

That said - some of the language and one-liners are pretty filthy.
    My wife and I watch it with some... drinks... in our system - and we find it knock-out hilarious.

Metacritic 4reviews has it with a score of 88 - which is pretty effin high*, pun intended.

Some of you - IF you like animation - might like this.
    Even better if you spend a few hours pre-watching comedy/stand-up with cast members like Nick Kroll, John Mulaney, and Jenny Slate.
    The hormone monster (Kroll) and Lola (also Kroll) just make me lose my shit.

For those that don't know the name Nick Kroll - a lot of people know him from "The League" as Rodney Ruxin, wearing the "A" in photo below.
    I havent got around to the new season yet, but this show is hilarious.

Dobber Sports Immortal

How about that Bachelorette finale??

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You peaked my interest on this show so I went to IMDB to look for more info. The show ended in 2016, so I am curious what Network are you watching this on? (Netflix?, Prime?, etc)
    Netflix.

I'm only one episode into season 2, which equates to 7 episodes. And as I mentioned, I really struggled to get through the first 4.5 episodes, so I'm hardly in a position to give the series a definitive review. That said, now that most of the backstory and character-development is in place, I'm starting to appreciate the story. It isn't for everyone, though. I'd only recommend the series to people who enjoy a slow-paced, character-driven, psychological drama. It may be fiction, but from a social and criminal justice perspective, the story is very relatable to the real world.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Netflix.

I'm only one episode into season 2, which equates to 7 episodes. And as I mentioned, I really struggled to get through the first 4.5 episodes, so I'm hardly in a position to give the series a definitive review. That said, now that most of the backstory and character-development is in place, I'm starting to appreciate the story. It isn't for everyone, though. I'd only recommend the series to people who enjoy a slow-paced, character-driven, psychological drama. It may be fiction, but from a social and criminal justice perspective, the story is very relatable to the real world.
    Sweet! Im back into season 2 of Dark right now, but I'll look for it on Netflix!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Sweet! Im back into season 2 of Dark right now, but I'll look for it on Netflix!
    If you can get through Dark, you can probably handle Rectify.

Not that the two shows are at all similar in terms of the plot, but Dark is definitely another show that isn't for everyone and it takes a certain amount of perseverance to get through it. After finally struggling to finish Dark, I'm still not entirely sure if it was worth the effort!
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

The Great One

I'm almost done "Yellowstone" starring Kevin Costner. Not bad. It's certainly easy-watching entertainment. My biggest complaint is that the story's been told before, many times actually. A recent example extremely similar to this one is "The Son" starring Pierce Brosnan.

old money vs new money
    aging patriarch refusing to abdicate to his family
    legacy trumps all
    estranged son who falls in love with a woman from another culture, to the distain of the patriarch
    cowboys vs Indians
    both stories star past-their-prime former A-listers

Bottom-line, I enjoyed "The Son" more, not only because it was first, but also because that story is more compelling.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Deity

Watched Part 1 of Tiger on Crave, along with This is Burt Reynolds. Two different docs well worth watching.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Finally rewatching Fargo S2. If you've never seen it, it's one of the best seasons of any show I have ever seen. Well worth the watch.

Dobber Sports Icon

I haven’t been watching much tv lately but recently came to realize that Letterkenny season 9 was released a couple weeks back.

And shameless is putting out new episodes weekly now too. Watching the Gallagher’s deal with life during “the Vid” is super entertaining

Dobber Sports Veteran

Not sure if mentioned here already but enjoyed The Wilds on Amazon Prime. Good significant other show.

Just finished Flight Attendant and it was ok, not great, but still worth the watch if you're starved for content.

Did the first episode of Your Honor the other night and it was really good, excited to see where it goes.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster